Happy holidays to everyone !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hair in the crack of my ass, I don't like it very much!

LS4me,

Someitmes the man is included in the decision for an abortion... but most times not. My point was that if the man wants the child,,, I think he should be able to legally prevent the abortion as the father of the child.

Don,

So then what happens if Roe v Wade gets overturned? Does the woman receive a fine for an abortion? Most likely things would go back to the "coathanger" days,,, done in private homes or back rooms... because the punishment for abortion was serious.

Look here: https://www.ewtn.com/library/PROLIFE/LIFBFROE.TXT

To all,

Let's take a look at this from a Biblical perspective for a moment. In the times of the Old Testament,,, women used herbs and plants to help with,,, or prevent pregnancy. Even then if a woman became pregnant and didn't want the child,,, there were herbs and plants she could take to force a miscarriage. If that didn't work,,, then once born... the child was taken out in the deserty to die a crule death alone. While there is no reference in the New Testament... most likely all of these practices continued though the ages

Now the Bible doesn't directly mention abortion,,, but it does fall under at least one of the 10 Commandments. However,,, the question has always been... when does life begin? At conception,,, or birth???

Wrong.........the Bible specifically mentions an abortion caused by 2 men fighting.`Soul will be for soul' was the fitting punishment for killing an unborn Israelite. Abortion is murder,Biblically,and will not be tolerated when God brings vengeance against an ungodly world.Read II Peter while yer at it. don-ohio

QUOTE: Now the Bible doesn't directly mention abortion,,,

LS4me,

Someitmes the man is included in the decision for an abortion... but most times not. My point was that if the man wants the child,,, I think he should be able to legally prevent the abortion as the father of the child.

Don,
Now the Bible doesn't directly mention abortion,,, but it does fall under at least one of the 10 Commandments. However,,, the question has always been... when does life begin? At conception,,, or birth???

My point is no one asks the baby for their vote on the abortion.

The Bible may not mention the word abortion (it doesn't mention the word trinity either) but the principle is plainly there; you shall not murder. The debate has been over for a while and there is no question, life starts at conception.

ABSOLUTELY,LS4me! Life begins at conception. King David wrote in Psalms that before he was born,God knew him.All his parts were in writing(DNA? God created it,He can surely describe it)) I would have to look that scripture up. don-ohio

My point is no one asks the baby for their vote on the abortion.

The Bible may not mention the word abortion (it doesn't mention the word trinity either) but the principle is plainly there; you shall not murder. The debate has been over for a while and there is no question, life starts at conception.

the question has always been... when does life begin? At conception,,, or birth???

well if you consider

Genesis 2/7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

man was granted a soul at his first breath...

#DevilsAdvocate

Wrong. Life was given AFTER forming the man.....NO birth involved, a direct creation,just like Eve. Has NO relativity to ABORTING a life,Loud.
Also,Man BECAME a living soul,not `was given a soul'. don-ohio :)^)

never said that line had anything to do with abortion... just one of the clearest example of when life begins

over and over, the bible refers to life as breaths and breathing, life starts with a breath and ends with your last...

as for the bible talking about abortions... well it hints at it being a bad thing... most of the time.

except for that whole part in numbers 5:11-31 where the lord tells Moses to speak to the children of Israeli basically saying than any man that suspects his wife of cheating shal bring her to the priest and in front of god administer a potion that if she did not cheat, then she would be fine, but if she did cheat she would be cursed and would no longer be able to have children or if she was pregnant, that that the child would die. (which in the day before reading text and emails, most people would suspect their wife of cheating once she became preggers and the guy realized that he didn't do it...)

abortion is bad, unless the wife cheats, then that being more bad is ok for abortion, as long as it is by the hand of god.

probably another reason that the bible shouldn't quite be taken literally, well that and in Mark, where Jesus tells his disciples that he does teach in parables...

Jesus taught in the presence of the PHARISEES and SADUCEES in parables. He SAID to the disciples,`these things I tell you,and NOT in parables.'
Trying to lighten up the Bible's message or make God look unfair as far as adultery punishment will not go unnoticed or unpunished by the God who `changes NOT'. He is the same and He will always BE the same forever. don-ohio :)^)

Don,

Your reference to Exodus 21:22 is valid,,, but in this case the death is accidental... however still punishable by death to the offender. Not that I disagree with you,,, because abortion is pre-meditated.

Is your mention of 2nd Peter in reference to what he says about Sodom and Gomorrah?

Psalm 127:3 (KJV) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

(NLT) Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.

Quote from LS4me:

"My point is no one asks the baby for their vote on the abortion.

The Bible may not mention the word abortion (it doesn't mention the word trinity either) but the principle is plainly there; you shall not murder. The debate has been over for a while and there is no question, life starts at conception."

Amen "brother"... I agree 10,000 %!

I'm glad you used the word "murder" instead of "kill". A completely different connotation between the two.

No, I was mainly meaning the 3rd chapter,verse 3 onward thru 11, to the warning of ridiculers in those days who did not believe Noah,the man who warned them ahead of time and built the great ARK.
Yes,you picked up on that fact that even accidentally causing an abortion and death of the child was punishable by death in the perfect eyes of God. Now all these Israelites were trained early on in these teachings,and IF two men were wrestling or actually fighting and they saw a pregnant woman,they KNEW the fight should STOP right there. don-ohio :)^)

Don,

Your reference to Exodus 21:22 is valid,,, but in this case the death is accidental... however still punishable by death to the offender. Not that I disagree with you,,, because abortion is pre-meditated.

Is your mention of 2nd Peter in reference to what he says about Sodom and Gomorrah?

I said in an earlier post,,, that when you take a text out of context... all you are left with is a con. This is especially true when it comes to interpreting the Bible properly.

Don,

In post #130, you forgot to add Jeremiah 1:5.

(NLT)"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."

------------------------------------

The following may offer great comfort to alot of people reading this thread.

http://www.gotquestions.org/aborted-babies-heaven.html

Thanks! Another great scripture to show how God feels about the unborn and how Satan has `blinded the minds of unbelievers,so the light of the glorious good news about the Christ,image of the Invisible God,might not show ' II Cor. 4:4 don-ohio :)^)
Don,

In post #130, you forgot to add Jeremiah 1:5.

(NLT)"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."

------------------------------------

The following may offer great comfort to alot of people reading this thread.

http://www.gotquestions.org/aborted-babies-heaven.html

In post #127,,, I mentioned how unwanted babies that actually made it to birth,,, were abandoned in the desert to die. The beginning of the following is proof of this.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel+16

Something to keep in mind with the above Scripture. It is spoken in "metaphor", (story form), by God. Told in a way the Israelites would understand how God raised them up as a Nation,,, and then how they adulterated themselves by chasing after Pagan gods. And the historical repercussions of those decisions. But in the end God re-iterates his promises to them.

Yes,it is a parable given to Israel by her prophet Ezekiel,from God,likening their abandoning serving Him in TRUE worship to worship false Gods and mingling with the Egyptians,Babylonians and Assyrians. So when God passed by figuratively and saw an abandoned child,He said `LIVE', and the child,Israel,lived.
But this has NOTHING to do with literal abortions. God does not give us any authority to murder. With a woman dying after a car wreck,would you not do everything in your power to save at least her child......born OR unborn? don-ohio :)^I

In post #127,,, I mentioned how unwanted babies that actually made it to birth,,, were abandoned in the desert to die. The beginning of the following is proof of this.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel+16

Something to keep in mind with the above Scripture. It is spoken in "metaphor", (story form), by God. Told in a way the Israelites would understand how God raised them up as a Nation,,, and then how they adulterated themselves by chasing after Pagan gods. And the historical repercussions of those decisions. But in the end God re-iterates his promises to them.

If I install an extra phone line on your house against your will, can I still demand you pay me for the service you didn't want?

If you invite the phone installer into your house and ask him to play with his tools and show you how they work, don't be surprised if a line gets installed. If you don't want that phone installed, don't open the door. See how that goes? Besides, the new phone line isn't a living being. A baby is.

What people who are pro-abortion are failing to get about it being a woman's body and a woman's decision is, it's not just a woman's body involved, it's TWO bodies and the woman made her decision when she said yes to sex. An abortion, unless due to rape, incest, viability of the child or life of the mother, is making one person pay with their life for the mistake of another.

...What people who are pro-abortion are failing to get about it being a woman's body and a woman's decision is, it's not just a woman's body involved, it's TWO bodies and the woman made her decision when she said yes to sex. An abortion, unless due to rape, incest, viability of the child or life of the mother, is making one person pay with their life for the mistake of another.

Yes, but even in the case of rape, an innocent party is being executed.
(I know, it's not as simple as this. The point is, where do you draw the line and why? It's a bigger question than I can answer.)

Well,Joe,we have to use God's word to answer this. It NEVER gives us authority to kill an unborn child. We have to trust in God's decision to let us decide to have the baby adopted, or keep it as our own.
We just have not been given the authority to murder for convenience. don-ohio :)^)

Yes, but even in the case of rape, an innocent party is being executed.
(I know, it's not as simple as this. The point is, where do you draw the line and why? It's a bigger question than I can answer.)

That's one I have a problem with too, but ultimately it's going to be unfair to someone. Either the woman is forced to carry her rapist's child, or a child who didn't ask to be created has to die. The only real positive here is the child in this case can be aborted long before it would be able to feel pain from the procedure, and that's if the stress of the situation doesn't cause the woman to miscarry to begin with.

Because of the reasons I listed, my thoughts are to allow a woman to abort when the pregnancy was due to rape, but also support having the aborted child tested to get a genetic profile of the father and require that any males in the woman's life be tested against the profile. If she claims rape, and it's her boyfriend, her boyfriend goes to prison for rape and murder. If she claims after the abortion that the rape charge was false, the boyfriend still gets charged with rape but she gets charged with filing false police reports and with murder. Make sure she understands all this, then give her the opportunity to cancel the whole thing, no harm no foul, up to the abortion. Once the abortion happens, no recanting allowed. This would prevent a rape claim being used for a convenience abortion.

In any discussion of this sort of topic, it's necessary to look at it from all sides.

An acorn is not an oak tree and a non-viable fetus is not a person. In the case of a miscarriage, our society doesn't have a funeral complete with a cigar-size (or smaller) coffin. Due to science (science is created by God) the point of viability keeps moving and seems to be at about 22-24 weeks at present.

Those who would jam their ideas down the throats of all have taken to talking about an 'un-born child' and by inference try to suggest that a lump of tissue that would fit in a match-box is so complete as to be of equal value to a baby several weeks after birth. Sorry guys, it just ain't so.

You are welcome to your own beliefs but don't try to jam them down my throat. I've seen no sign that God's mad at me for thinking as I do.

And please don't think that my position advocates abortion. I don't!

KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back