Had to lay the smack down last night.

ohioLS said:
Is when your girl gets out of your ride and gets in there lil Ricer is when, "Keeping it real goes wrong!". HAHAHA Nice work thats what I am talking about Dartastic.

-Scott-

LOL!! I can tell you in my 22 years of driving I have owned nothing but Fords. Only 3 times did I think about going foreign. 1985 Starion Turbo, Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo or Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 and a Porsche 928 S4 or GT. Still wouldnt mind the Porsche. Have owned 9 Fords in all. All V8 cept the minivan. Still have 4 of them.

Ohhh, 13s to 15s is Semi w/ trailor lengths while 13s to 14s may be bus lengths. If he runs 13.9 while you run 14.1 that may be a little more then a fender. Just my .02. . .

Sifrino3 said:
SRT Neons run mid 13s. I think most LS's on here run 15s - 14s. . .

Umm sorry those Sh*tcans have NO top/high speed which means after about a 1/8 mile they dont have hps to run with most of us. Granted mine isnt stock either.

-Scott-

Dartastic said:
LOL!! I can tell you in my 22 years of driving I have owned nothing but Fords. Only 3 times did I think about going foreign. 1985 Starion Turbo, Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo or Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 and a Porsche 928 S4 or GT. Still wouldnt mind the Porsche. Have owned 9 Fords in all. All V8 cept the minivan. Still have 4 of them.

Well I here you about driving nothing but Fords I am the same way, but Jaguars are the only foreign cars my family has owned besides a Ferrari once. If you want to get a foreign car, get something off the wall or exotic. Thats just my opinion though!

-Scott-

Sifrino3 said:
They run over 100 in the raps. So, that means they got the hp to light it up, up top. Have you ran 100 in the quarter.

No I havent but to be honest with you cause I havent been to a drag strip to try my car out yet. I raced it on 2 lane highway in the middle of the day so I have no idea if we ran a 1/4 or more, but all I have say is he was quick off the line and that was it I bet him if you have issues with my story then sorry maybe you need read some of the other comments in this thread that people had to say. Its possible to bet one of this piles of poop!

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
No I havent but to be honest with you cause I havent been to a drag strip to try my car out yet. I raced it on 2 lane highway in the middle of the day so I have no idea if we ran a 1/4 or more, but all I have say is he was quick off the line and that was it I bet him if you have issues with my story then sorry maybe you need read some of the other comments in this thread that people had to say. Its possible to bet one of this piles of poop!

-Scott-

A REAL SRT is not the regular, "pile." They get up and go. Although I don't think most of the rich boys who gets them. Don't know how to drive. But I don't think driver error can cause a second or two off the a quarter. Unless you air ball a shift.

But when I was at the track. There was a REAL SRT. He was abusing his car so bad. Just in the water box. Leting it just bounce off the limitor. But still kicked out a 13.8 run. If I can remember correctly. They are damn quick off the line.

But I do beleive on the top end they slow up a little. But not that much. Just remember, there is alot of people that want a SRT but don't. (Momma doesn't have the $$,$$$) But put the badges on anyway.

I can't believe im backing rice. But I only speak the truth. :iconcur:

ohioLS said:

-Scott-

Your LS will trap 94, maybe 95 in the 1/4 mile (see my sig, all you have on my car is a cat-back). What Sifrino3 is saying is that from a dig, at the 1/4mi mark, a well-driven, in-tune, stock SRT-4 has ~5 MPH on your LS, so he's in front by almost a full second and still pulling away at that point. The only way you're going to catch him is to wind it out to where your higher HP can push harder against the wind (which becomes significant above 100MPH). Your LS will top-out 140-145, I don't know where SRT-4s top-out at, but I doubt its much above 130. So YES, you can catch and pass a SRT-4 from a fair start, but if the SRT-4 driver has any skills and doesn't back out, it's going to take WAY more than a 1/4 mi to do it.

OK well he must not have had the balls to push his SRT-4 or he was a poor driver but all I know is he was in my rear view mirror. Can I get credit for that! HAHA Also sorry but I think anything made by dodge or chysler or benz or whatever u want to call them is junk! But thats just my opinion sorry.

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
OK well he must not have had the balls to push his SRT-4 or he was a poor driver but all I know is he was in my rear view mirror. Can I get credit for that! HAHA Also sorry but I think anything made by dodge or chysler or benz or whatever u want to call them is junk! But thats just my opinion sorry.

-Scott-

I am sure you got it and just add it to your list and forget about it. Also, if they were young, they had balls. I am 36 now...balls shrinking... :) You can't compare street running to 1/4 mi drag for sure. Get those little cars cooled off and take them for a quick blast on the strip and they will do very well, I am sure. Sneak up on them when they are hot from spooling up trying to get up the hills on the highway...they're in trouble. :)

Have any of you run into this?

On my way to work the last couple of weeks I have seen Toyota Rav4s flying around zipping in and out of traffic like they think they are sports cars... even challenging me?

This happened about 3 limes in the last 2 weeks.

I figured out what is going on. Mazda has an ad on TV showing the Tribute in with their sports cars.. independant suspension, dual overhead cams blah, blah, blah.

These baby SUVs are zig-zagging in and out of rush hour traffic because they think they are driving Miata's... the TV said so.

At least a Neon is a car!

I'll keep an eye out for that.

The only thing more annoying than wannabe racecars is when you have two people next to each other going 5 below the speed limit. It's always so tempting to pass them in the center turn lane.

ohioLS said:

-Scott-

Well Ohio...there are a LOT of SRT4's that will run 12's. Those cars can be made very quick. I know a lot of the Cobra boys who have been amazed at how good a race they can be. I've seen Honda's run just as good. There are some of those that can flat get with it. Then I've seen near 10 second Supras. The lesson is, be careful what you pick on because there is some seriously fast rice out there.

If you really want to get embarrassed by something, go up against an SRT10. Nothing like having a frickin' truck flat blow you away any way you want to measure it. Dig, roll, top end...it doesn't matter. They put a hurtin' on all but a seriously modded Lightning or Cobra. Let's see...going up a couple or steps in price....there are the 55 series Benz's, the ungodly 65 series Benz's...I guess Daimler isn't quite as junky as we used to believe. They have some seriously fast cars anymore. There isn't an LS in the country that will run with a stock 55 series Benz...let alone a 65.

SurfjaxLS said:
The only thing more annoying than wannabe racecars is when you have two people next to each other going 5 below the speed limit. It's always so tempting to pass them in the center turn lane.

LOL, been there, done that. Just make sure you have a clear shot, not much different than passing on a 2-lane. How about on the right shoulder? 'Bout made the eyes pop out of the Q45 driver who tried to cut me off from passing ..... going up a grade .......... at altitude (south of Flagstaff) ....... in my R/T....... w/ a fully loaded bed. :steering SEE YAAAAAAAAAA

(kids, don't try this at home)

I own an 03 LS V8 and a 88 Supra turbo and stock they are about the same. But the Supra has a lot more mods for it and you can get a lot of power out of the Inline 6, my buddys 92 supra is running low 14s with just an exhaust, intake and boost controller. I agree be carful what you challenge you may be surprized. :eek2:

TOPHERMAYNARD said:
I own an 03 LS V8 and a 88 Supra turbo and stock they are about the same. But the Supra has a lot more mods for it and you can get a lot of power out of the Inline 6, my buddys 92 supra is running low 14s with just an exhaust, intake and boost controller. I agree be carful what you challenge you may be surprized. :eek2:

There is a Supra around here that has just over 600 hp to the rear wheels. I have no idea what year it is. I have also heard that he has had some engine longevity issues with that kind of boost and has had to go to a bullet proof short block. Regardless, that is a serious automobile.

I just came across one of those street rod magazines that showcased a couple of 1000hp supras running sub 9 second 1/4's (I think it said one was a full meth dragger running 6 sec's). I have heard about those supras being the holy grail for rice runners. So i guess the rumors are true

About 4 years ago when not driving my Lincoln, I had a 1999 Camaro SS,
with the 6 speed. It was blazing fast, and would hit 150+ with no
problem. Problem was no one would race me. Every once in a while
I would get one of the ricers, and it was just awful, in 3 seconds they
were gone, they never stood a chance. Every once in a while a
Lexus coupe, or Acura would try, but what a waste, they did worse
than the rice burners. Had to sell the SS before I killed myself, so it
is gone. But what a fun couple of years.

I never drove an LS but I raced them and same with the Srt-4s and if a little ol LS can win then I guess its time for me to wake up. :N

Anyone ever hear what happened when a stock for stock LS ran a Mark VIII? Just curious...

Stock for stock they are very close, the newer LS's might be a tad quicker. It's mostly reaction time and skill that will separate the cars.

now which one looks nicer?? I would Definately have to go with the LS?

hey now there not all young I had a 40+++ year old guy come in to work looking for the " best tires " for racing (he went with the cheep sh!tty ones) any way he talked so much Sh!t, and when I asked if he wanted to race (just for fun mind you) he ran away like a little woman.

Members online

No members online now.
Back