Had to lay the smack down last night.

Fastbird

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Coming home from a friends BBQ, on the highway I'm coming up on these two ricers making a racket something fierce. One in the lead is a late model RSX and the other is a hatch Civic (egg looking thing), both with fart cannons just blaring. I'm moving a little bit faster, and right as I get parallel with the RSX he downshifts and stabs it. Laughing, I give a quick blip of the throttle and move ahead, then in front of the lil' ricer as he was trying to box me into traffic (Note: WHY do those little fokkers insist on driving like pricks?). I just had to share that with you all. No contest what so ever.

That right there is why I love my LS. Nothing like putting those wannabes in their place. I wonder if they realize that they have an 18 second ride. And those "fart cannons", I think it sounds more like a maxwell house coffee can hitting the ground, should be against noise ordinance. Just because they got their coffee in this morning doesn't mean they should share it with the rest of us.

Yeah, don't you just love those guys! They are like a young tiger cub thinking they can take on the entire jungle. I love messing with those guys. However, I did get a little embarrassed once when one of them had some NOS and he used it on me. He shot out like a cannon but he didn't have any endurance though. I caught up with him on the interstate and blew by him around 125. After that I never saw him again.

Ricers need to be put in there place around here also. Actually the big ticket around here is those damn srt neons w/ fart cannons on them, I smoke more of those things a week then anything else. They are like bees swarming all around and they seem to never learn.

-Scott-

i dont believe a ls would smoke a srt4 neon(turbo'd)... those things are pretty quik... maybe the rt neon

i smoked a black srt4 last week, he had me about the first 75-100 yards but after that it was all over for that lil bitch. those damn rt neons r the real problems though!

-Scott-

Stock for stock, a Neon SRT-4 would own an LS. Sometimes the truth hurts, but that's it, plain and simple. Behind a halfway decent driver the SRT-4 is good for high 13's.

Well then I guess I must not know my cars :Bang but it had the lil hood cut out and it said SRT-4 on the back trunk lid. I mean what you think I am lying!? Come on it was smoking off the line but it doesnt really have that much :q:q:q:q, just cause it has tubro on it doesnt mean it has the high speed balls. Or maybe the chicken :q:q:q:q backed out but I will track him down and snap a pic for you Fastbird, since you dont believe me. HAHA

-Scott-

that same thing happend to me just a month ago! some jap crap pos was in the fast lane and i was on criuse control, then when i was passing him i heard him down shift and just try SOO hard. i just hit the throttle alittle and i was gone. note i was all stock then. i love the term "fart cannon!"

gosh i love my ls.

Fastbird said:
Stock for stock, a Neon SRT-4 would own an LS. Sometimes the truth hurts, but that's it, plain and simple. Behind a halfway decent driver the SRT-4 is good for high 13's.

Also sorry Fastbird I am not stock, I have quite a few mods so that probably helped me out quite well.

Borla catback exhaust
KKM air induction system
Eibach pro kit springs

ohioLS said:
Also sorry Fastbird I am not stock, I have quite a few mods so that probably helped me out quite well.

Borla catback exhaust
KKM air induction system
Eibach pro kit springs

:N Well you didn't say THAT! I believe ya man, no worries. Just remember that ricers like to represent what they're NOT. Good kill!! :Beer

I have also smoked an SRT-4 Neon, although I didn't race him off the line, we started at about 30MPH and I smoked him hands down. I also thought it was hilarious yesterday, there is a New Beetle in my town that is all riced out and he must be running straight pipes or something it's terribly loud, but I heard him gun it about 4 car lengths ahead of me in the other lane, I punched it for fun and after about 2 or 3 seconds, I was around him no problem :)

All you street racers should head for the track to see how quick your cars really are. There are too many variables on the street, such as whether the other guy is really trying or whether he lets off because he doesn't want to go to jail.

I raced an SRT-4 at the track 4 times in one night. There was a guy and his buddy, and the first 3 times, I beat them. For the fourth race, the passenger got out and the driver blew my doors off.

I had 2 SRT-4s in front of me trying to race each other on a road we call Pellissippi Raceway here a few weeks ago. Speed limit is 70. They were just in my way! Finally one pulled behind the other one. I looked at the one in front when it was next to me and he jumped on it at about 50. No contest. I was gone with a passenger in my car. I went to about 100. Maybe it would have had something off the line, but dogs on the freeway. A few minutes later, they were racing behind me again. When they got close (as I was doing 70), I got on it again and watched them get smaller. I thought they would have been faster. Lot's of catalytic converter smell and not a lot of movement. It was hot out that day too. They probably heat-soaked them. As long as they were having fun though.

lsbit said:
I had 2 SRT-4s in front of me trying to race each other on a road we call Pellissippi Raceway here a few weeks ago. Speed limit is 70. They were just in my way! Finally one pulled behind the other one. I looked at the one in front when it was next to me and he jumped on it at about 50. No contest. I was gone with a passenger in my car. I went to about 100. Maybe it would have had something off the line, but dogs on the freeway. A few minutes later, they were racing behind me again. When they got close (as I was doing 70), I got on it again and watched them get smaller. I thought they would have been faster. Lot's of catalytic converter smell and not a lot of movement. It was hot out that day too. They probably heat-soaked them. As long as they were having fun though.
:Beer

Fastbird said:

:I An SRT-4 owner who can't take a hi-14s LS (at best) can't drive. I'd believe an LS has a higher top-end, but it'd be playing catch-up in the 1/4 mi. Also, since they are light, extra weight (passenger) makes a much bigger difference for the SRT-4.

As for all the other ricers / posers, smoke 'em if you got 'em!!
:bow:

But seriously, we should really pick on someone our own size. The only ricers that are worthy are Supras, EVOs, WRXs and SRT-4s.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
:I An SRT-4 owner who can't take a hi-14s LS (at best) can't drive. I'd believe an LS has a higher top-end, but it'd be playing catch-up in the 1/4 mi. Also, since they are light, extra weight (passenger) makes a much bigger difference for the SRT-4.

As for all the other ricers / posers, smoke 'em if you got 'em!!
:bow:

But seriously, we should really pick on someone our own size. The only ricers that are worthy are Supras, EVOs, WRXs and SRT-4s.

Thank you thats what I have been saying the whole time, he was off the line quick but high speed or top end he didnt have sh*t for my LS. HAHAHA I love this car and I havent even got my SCT PCM Flasher yet! Watch out ricers! You will be *owned* by me soon.

-Scott-

Dartastic said:
LS outweighs the SRT4 by almost 1000 pounds.

So I have any where from 40-60 more HP and 10x better handling. Just look for one out there in CA and race it you will be surpised.

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
So I have any where from 40-60 more HP and 10x better handling. Just look for one out there in CA and race it you will be surpised.

-Scott-

If Im going to challenge someone I like them to be in the same class. BMW, Lexus, Infinity etc. Anyway I luv the feel of an almost 4000 opound vehicle with the accel and handling of our LS'

All I know is that when the Ricer (SRT-4, EVO XIXIXXTSSF-type27alphaxray whiskey special edition...whatever) pulls up and the two guys in the front seats look over they rev their engine to race... I lean over and start to make out with the hot girl in the passenger seat of mine and let those two jacka$$es do whatever the hell they want. Maybe his pal in the right seat can give him a happy ending when he's done racing nobody...

What a chick says when they see a car...

SRT-4: "Is that a neon?"
Lancer Evo: "My mom's got one of those."
Honda Civic: "So...I guess I'm paying for dinner..."
Toyota Celica: ".............................."

Lincoln LS: "WOW! This is YOURS?!?!?!"

FreeFaller said:
All I know is that when the Ricer (SRT-4, EVO XIXIXXTSSF-type27alphaxray whiskey special edition...whatever) pulls up and the two guys in the front seats look over they rev their engine to race... I lean over and start to make out with the hot girl in the passenger seat of mine and let those two jacka$$es do whatever the hell they want. Maybe his pal in the right seat can give him a happy ending when he's done racing nobody...

What a chick says when they see a car...

SRT-4: "Is that a neon?"
Lancer Evo: "My mom's got one of those."
Honda Civic: "So...I guess I'm paying for dinner..."
Toyota Celica: ".............................."

Lincoln LS: "WOW! This is YOURS?!?!?!"

NICE Freefaller love the "quotes"! Thats some good stuff and yes I would have to :I with you on that matter. Actually you know what you are doing Free? You are keeping it real!! HAHA

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
NICE Freefaller love the "quotes"! Thats some good stuff and yes I would have to :I with you on that matter. Actually you know what you are doing Free? You are keeping it real!! HAHA

-Scott-

"When keeping it real goes wrong!!" Couldnt resist. Dave Chappelle show.

Is when your girl gets out of your ride and gets in there lil Ricer is when, "Keeping it real goes wrong!". HAHAHA Nice work thats what I am talking about Dartastic.

-Scott-

Members online

No members online now.
Back