guarentee you havent seen this problem yet. :@

check throttle cable?

sounds like a throttle issue due to the rpms gettin 'stuck'.

check cable, clean throttle body with CRC brand teflon safe variety. likely has a mechanical malfunction since no code. but i dont know much about the 02 and prior throttle.. wouldnt it throw a 'stuck' code if he floored it and it didnt go to WOT? my 05v6 would go to failsafe if it did what he is describing..
i have seen stuck open and stuck closed codes, but i would imagine it would throw a code if the throttle plate wasnt where it was supposed to be..

might as well clean maf and airfilter while youre cleaning throttle body.

throttle body is clean as a whistle.. cable seems fine, im posting a video..
and youd think it would throw a code but it wont. nothing. 1/5th throttle to WOT it just goes "bahh" and sits at an idle. but if i feather it around it will "Bah bah bah VROOOOOOOM" lol :rolleyes:

joe,

unplugged the MAF and it would barely run at all. maybe keep it plugged in but remove the maf from intake?

exhaust pulses seem strong on drivers side, passenger side still pulsing but theres less exhaust flow on that side it seems.

both seem to vibrate pretty good. took a video - post it below for ya guys..

No. Plug the MAF back in and leave it alone.

"Remove the two front O2 sensors and do a test drive. The holes that the sensors were removed from will allow enough exhaust out to make a difference if the cats are plugged."

throttle body is clean as a whistle.. cable seems fine, im posting a video..
and youd think it would throw a code but it wont. nothing. 1/5th throttle to WOT it just goes "bahh" and sits at an idle. but if i feather it around it will "Bah bah bah VROOOOOOOM" lol :rolleyes:

You can ignore that. You have a mechanical throttle linkage. If it were sticking, you'd feel it in the gas pedal.

You're odds are really good that it's clogged cats.

You can ignore that. You have a mechanical throttle linkage. If it were sticking, you'd feel it in the gas pedal.

You're odds are really good that it's clogged cats.

going out now to remove the o2's.
any idea what size they are off the top of your head?

going out now to remove the o2's.
any idea what size they are off the top of your head?

22mm (7/8"), but you will probably need an O2 sensor specific socket. (The O2 sensor sockets have a slot for the O2 sensor wiring to come out.)

22mm (7/8"), but you will probably need an O2 sensor specific socket. (The O2 sensor sockets have a slot for the O2 sensor wiring to come out.)

i was going to use an end wrench... because of that reason.

as much as i like the look of the ls. im sure glad i didnt get one..... to many problems no matter how good you treat it. Hope it all works out good for you

as much as i like the look of the ls. im sure glad i didnt get one..... to many problems no matter how good you treat it. Hope it all works out good for you

This is sure a valuable post......

And that's not true. Mine have had the usual coil, DCCV and another issue or two, but not out of line for any newer car. As with any model, the newer years are better than the older.

You should probably stick to the Mark board....

Thank you for your input, please keep unhelpful comments to yourself, or find our great off topic thread aptly named the waiting room.

Thank you have a great day.

That's what I used. Fortunately they weren't in there too tightly. You could also unplug the connector and use a box-end.
The last time I changed O2 sensors I used a flare nut wrench (also handy for plumbing), but I've used an offset box-end wrench, too.

Also, get yourself a small packet of anti-seize to put on the threads when you reinstall the O2 sensors.

well guys, all is fixed (600$ later)

problem was - bare wire on the MAF sensor harness, coil #2 and coil #5 (defective?) and the idle air control valve was sticking. replaced all that and took it to dealer for a fel rail, intake, and injector cleaner (blew black **** out the tail pipes)

Members online

Back