Grr headlight out

PetesSweets86

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
so I rescently switched back to OEM bulbs for my lowbeams since my NOKYAs short circuited the wiring of the high output connectors. But now my OEM bulb on my left headlight it out. You guys think the main wiring is fried too or is there something else wrong here that I'm not seeing?

just the left low but it's a brand new bulb just took it out of the box 2 weeks ago. Unless the bulb is defective.....

Pete I thought you were against HID kits? I see you are going back to stock because of the ballast, But I remember you were very aginst HID'S.

Oh and if they are silverstars it might be the bulb. I had those in my LS and they lasted all about 2 months.

yea silverstars don't seem to have a super long life.....i have sealed beam ones in my 75 grand prix and one burnt out after 4 month, i have them in all my marks high and low beams (but i got them for $2 per pack at a swap meet)

hahha yea...knock on wood they've been in my mark for like 8 months now....so we'll see....they are brighter....just not durable

ive heard the European line of silverstars (under a different, but close name) are better, martin might know. were yours "silverstars" or something like it and were told it was the same?

ive heard the European line of silverstars (under a different, but close name) are better, martin might know.

Me? No. In fact, I wasn't even aware of there being a Euro line of Sylvania junk.

None of you read where I said NOKYAs? They are the cosmic whites and switching the bulbs was what I did for switching from the NOKYAs to the OEMs but now the problem is acting up again. It was fine for like 2 weeks....I'll try switching the OEMs again later today or tommorrow to see if it changes.
And I'm not against HIDs, I'm just not a fan, and the NOKYAs aren't HIDs and if you guys shopped at LSKONCEPTS you would know!!!

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/nokya-cosmic-white-stage-2-bulbs-p-223.php

and here's the plug-n-play high output wiring harness I used that got short circuited:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/nokya-plug-play-wiring-harness-p-219.php

None of you read where I said NOKYAs? They are the cosmic whites and switching the bulbs was what I did for switching from the NOKYAs to the OEMs but now the problem is acting up again. It was fine for like 2 weeks....I'll try switching the OEMs again later today or tommorrow to see if it changes.
And I'm not against HIDs, I'm just not a fan, and the NOKYAs aren't HIDs and if you guys shopped at LSKONCEPTS you would know!!!

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/nokya-cosmic-white-stage-2-bulbs-p-223.php

and here's the plug-n-play high output wiring harness I used that got short circuited:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/nokya-plug-play-wiring-harness-p-219.php

How long did you have them in for before they short circuited?

I have done the same thing about 2 months ago and so far no issues other than the wiring harness not snapping the bulbs in tightly..had to wrap electrical tape around the harness to keep tight.

I don't shop at lskoncepts, His prices are way to high on certain things. If you look around a little you can find what you are looking for somewhere else foe less money.

I bought them elsewhere for cheaper and I only had them on for 2 months. I check the bulbs again the morning and looks like the main wiring (that connects to your OEM bulbs and the plug-n-play connector) was short circuited too so i unplugged the bulb and plugged it back in and it works fine for now but i think i gotta get a new one of them main connectors :p

I ran silverstar's in my Taurus for 5 years and never had one burn out. When the silverstar ultra's came out I switched to those in my Tarus and they are still running strong even after two years and being used all the time. I used to work nights, so I was using my headlights all the time going to and from work, and never had a problem. When you guys are putting the bulbs in do you wear any gloves? I always wear latex gloves when doing bulbs or wiring on my cars and it has worked well so far.

I bought them elsewhere for cheaper and I only had them on for 2 months. I check the bulbs again the morning and looks like the main wiring (that connects to your OEM bulbs and the plug-n-play connector) was short circuited too so i unplugged the bulb and plugged it back in and it works fine for now but i think i gotta get a new one of them main connectors :p

I bet its the OEM harness.

You get the same thing is what you get. As long as its in the same package from the same company and the same factory why would it be different?

Its not like your getting a one off cause you got it in the mail box instead.

I hear non stop complaints about them from other enthusiasts as well.

They color fade real fast and have premature failure. I think the failure has been addressed but they still suck.

For the price Im happy with the bulbs I have had for over a year that are still like new and cost half.

I have been thinking about that but I would rather spend more money on one and get a good one with a good ballast that starts with no issues.

Plus, bulbs still fade and still need to be replaced. Which are still pretty expensive for ones that work good.

I could for the price get a DDM Raptor, but like I said, bulbs will still need to be replaced and good ballasts for a low cost are impossible to find.

Pretty much, they work but you get what you pay for. And paying for a 30$ set of xenon match I think is fair range for a good set.

I have been thinking about that but I would rather spend more money on one and get a good one with a good ballast that starts with no issues.

Plus, bulbs still fade and still need to be replaced. Which are still pretty expensive for ones that work good.

I could for the price get a DDM Raptor, but like I said, bulbs will still need to be replaced and good ballasts for a low cost are impossible to find.

Pretty much, they work but you get what you pay for. And paying for a 30$ set of xenon match I think is fair range for a good set.

Well all I am saying is that I paid $100 per kit almost 5 years ago for mine and have no bulb fade, never had to replace a bulb, and no problems with the ballast not coming on or taking a while..always instantly come on and charge to full strength

I paid 125 per set a year ago. Got the Umnitza ones. Work fine. I do get a rare occurence where one doesn't fire up, but a simple off/on and they fire up just fine.

Members online

Back