Group Buy Beltronics RX 65 pro radar detector

They should just change that picture of an engine to a picture of $$$$ instead.

I bought my V1 when they first showed up. I've up-graded it a year ago and I'm steal in love with it.

Why is your check engine light on?

Turned out the remote start was causing PO462 and P2067 to throw.
It didn't cause any drivability issues.
I've since had it disconnected.

I've had the V1 remote mounted in the LSE for years. 8 to be exact. Even upgraded once. I have a Bel in my other car. No comparison. The arrows are invaluable

I had a Bel Whisler once in 2000.
It's chime was like a buzzer.
Within 3 years in 2003 it stopped chiming one day and only showed the lights when it picked up a bogey.
Since it was winter I was remote starting my Camaro and didn't notice it broke until I got a big ticket in 2003.
Got that reduced by paying 500.00 and going to driving school.
Haven't had any problems with my 2 V1's in 7 years of use.
My Laser Interceptor is superior to the Blinder of which I had 1 fail in 3 years and another one shorted after 6 months.
I like the sexy chick talking when it picks up a bogey and it has a stereo interupt wire as well as rear modules and wires for a small external speaker.
Blinder sued LI over patents but the LI is a superior unit with better features.

Lets keep the thread on topic and only reply if you're interested in the product. I'm happy to answer any questions about the product.

Not sure what people have to gain by bashing the product, or how they can bash it when no one has used it. This is not a 10 year old radar detector model. The Blinder is much improved over previous model. Both products are extremely effective and the Bel RX65 is an excellent buy. I'm closing the deal on 6/14 and placing orders then.

Had my first saves since I got the Blinder up and running. First was at night, cruiser parked horizontal with no lights in median strip on a 55mph highway. Was in a group of cars going about 70 and he was impossible to see until you were right on top of him due to oncoming headlights. He didnt end up coming out after anyone even though I'm sure he got readings on cars in front and in back of me. I didn't think they used laser at night due to interference headlights can cause, but I guess they do! Perhaps he was training on how to use the unit.

Second encounter was a better save. Going in to work in the morning, this stretch of highway goes down around a long hill, with a major highway overpass. Its very bright driving into the sun, and they sometimes hide their cruiser in the dark shadow that the overpass makes which is also around a not-quite blind corner. Was going 80, saw brake lights up ahead, but there was quite a bit of room in front of me. I let off and slowed to about 70. Rounded the corner and there he was. Slowed down to about 60 while the laser was jammed, then flicked it off. My Bel RX 65 actually picked up the laser (albeit too late to have been useful) but that is better than the Cobra ever did. It is known that laser detection is useless in a radar detector.

I am very happy with how both units perform. My RX65 is very quiet compared to my Cobra, and have detected Ka band well over a mile on very hilly roads where there is no hope of line of sight. I just got it hard wired in yesterday so no more dangling wire. They have both paid for themselves already.

My Bel RX 65 actually picked up the laser (albeit too late to have been useful) but that is better than the Cobra ever did. It is known that laser detection is useless in a radar detector.

My V1 picks up the laser exactly at the same time my Laser Interceptor or the Blinder M20 in my Camaro does so it's better for that than the RX 65.

But even that is practically useless unless you jam on the brakes instantly so the laser doesn't get a constant speed.

I've taken up to 3 seconds to respond and slow down and shut off the jammer(s) and no tickets, just a sometimes befuddled look on the trooper's face as I go by.

I've taken up to 3 seconds to respond and slow down and shut off the jammer(s) and no tickets, just a sometimes befuddled look on the trooper's face as I go by.
That's priceless isn't it?

My V1 picks up the laser exactly at the same time my Laser Interceptor or the Blinder M20 in my Camaro does so it's better for that than the RX 65.

But even that is practically useless unless you jam on the brakes instantly so the laser doesn't get a constant speed.

Yeah, it beeped all within 1 second of the blinder, but thats useless. Even the beep on the blinder would be had it not jammed the gun already. All laser detection on any detector is useless... there is no "better"

the v1 is the best out right now lie detect is the best lazer jamer but you cant buy it anymore

the v1 is the best out right now lie detect is the best lazer jamer but you cant buy it anymore

I think you mean LI or Laser Interceptor.
It has more features than the M27.
I have one with front and back modules.
It has a stereo inturrupt wire and an external speaker can be hooked up
for the cute chick talking telling you what kind of gun is painting you after the siren alarm goes off.

You know what has actually worked BETTER for me than the actual V1 I use religiously?
- Stay out of the left lane as much as possible.
- NEVER be the first one doing 15-20 over the limit. If you are going that fast or faster, at least have someone else ahead of you 15 or 20 car lengths in front so that you can monitor their brake lights (EVERYONE taps their brakes by instinct when they see a cop, even people who arent speeding).
-Stay ouf of the left lane as much as possible. (did I already say that)
-situational awareness. Know where cops tend to hang out/set up traps..and slow down in those areas. Since most of the miles we drive are in areas we routinely drive, this one is a no brainer.
-If you are in an area where you've never driven before (interstate highways excepted), then dont go 15-20 over the limit.

The above has kept me ticket free for over 10 years now. And trust me...I DO get on the gas..but I know when to..and when not to.

Members online

No members online now.
Back