Gross Vehicle Weight?

Gruuvin8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
'95 Gen I MarkVIII with triple coat, no moonroof....

I need an exact weight of my car. I emptied my car of everything so that all that is there is what comes with it from the factory and me, and I took it to the dump to get it weighed. With me in the car, it weighs 3940 lbs. I weigh 200 lbs so my car weighs 3740 lbs. I then look at the sticker in the driver's side door jam to see what it is supposed to weigh. The sticker says GVWR = 4921 lbs.!!! WTH...??

The only things different about my car that would affect its weight are the air suspension has been replaced with coils, and the beauty cover and original floor mats are gone. I have a few things I keep in the car for whatever reasons, and that should more or less balance out the weight of what has been removed or replaced. Gas tank is about 3/4 full.

What do your door jam stickers report as the GVWR? Anybody had their car weighed? What was the real weight?

Rob

BTW, if anyone wonders why I need the exact weight, I just bought a GTECH performance meter (dyno) and I am building a similar dyno with accelerometers for a senior design EE project. It reads RPM from the car's 12V, supplied also as power to the unit. It uses a triple-axis accelerometer and the vehicle's weight to determine horsepower and torque, as well as 1/4 mile, 0-60mph times, etc.

Hey ours cars don't weight that much then. Usually cars weight 3500 lbs

Thing that cracks me up is the Shelby convertible weighs over 4000 pounds! For once I feel like my Mark is a sports car :p

ya i like it!!! I just plugged it in and immediately did a run with my bone stock markviii..... did a 1/4 mile in 15 flat with no spin and i was impressed!

tell me, how did the mounts break? I'd like to avoid that if possible

the new gts are even oinkier i walked away from one without even kickin out of OD. sorry for no response on the weight issue:L

you need the weight for Hp and torque #'s
the mount cracks at the very top (least amount of plastic)
dont over tighten best bet

Hope you like your Gtech I love mine only problem I have 2 broken mounts

That wasn't my fault!

My car with nothing in the trunk, glove box, and arm rest. Full tank and my fat ass .

4197 lbs

Fuel weigh's 6 lbs per gallon, mark hold 18.2 gallon's, I weigh 260.

The book says it weigh's 3750 lbs Just go to a truck stop or the city dump, wherever they have a scale. Give the 5 bucks and get your exact weight with you in it.

I can tell the difference when i am alone in my car and i mash the gas it will light the tire/tires up and down the block and kick it sideways in second if not smoke them but with a passenger that weighs 150+ the car will barely chirp the rear tires in second gear,so guys and gals remove all the dead bodies from your trunk and hit the gas and burn rubber

race weight 3975 with my 200LBs in the seat and a full tank of gas & empty trunk

Members online

Back