Grillzzzzzzz

Kevin O'Connell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, anybody done any rechroming of their grill? Price of rechroming vs new? Mine is shot and I thought about temporarily using that Trimbright chrome tape to overlay it and use a razor knife to trim it very carefully to match the old chrome areas.
New grills are pretty expensive.

dont use trim brite it wont hold up on the outside of the car. it works well inside headlight housings but i used it to fix the trim around the sides and bumpers of my 93 and its not holding up well, the driverside actually looks like it is rusting lol, its turning brown.

I had my grill blacked out to match the car (mine's black btw), it'll be different from most and gives it a 'modern' look.

Well that looks great on black and white cars, but not as good on some other colors, like red....

+1 on the body color. If you want chrome, done properly, shaker cans will do the trick. The hardest part is finding a truely chrome looking paint. I went through 6 different types before finding one that I liked.

they make an actual chrome paint....one that doesn't come in a rattle can(alsa) and it looks good. I had to use a very small needle in my paint gun though. I had to use a 1.0 in my mini jet before i got it to look right. Everytime i used anything bigger it looked blotchy.

Members online

Back