Greetings from Portland

Kerrigan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
We've a MarkVIII we purchased with 24k miles on it and now have 64k. The heat is out for now, using a cord to pull it on, but did get the parts to fix it. When it's summertime and I'm up to the 6-8 hour task!
Dealing with the "no 9500 light bulbs available" issue currently ...

Welcome and Happy New Year. Love to see members with Marks overseas. Please if you could give us some history and picture. You can find bulbs here I'm sure. Thanks, Don

Welcome! If it helps any, the first time I did a blend door job, it only took 4 hours. A couple more times, and I'm down to about 2 hours. If you're handy with tools, it's not so bad.

If you're interested in buying one (or two) 9500 bulbs, let me know. I've got a bunch of them. :)

What tricks did you learn to get it down to 2 hours?!? That sounds promising!

Welcome! If it helps any, the first time I did a blend door job, it only took 4 hours. A couple more times, and I'm down to about 2 hours. If you're handy with tools, it's not so bad.

If you're interested in buying one (or two) 9500 bulbs, let me know. I've got a bunch of them. :)

It didn't really require any tricks that I can think of. When I did it the first time, it was one of the first "mechanic" jobs I'd ever done. It would have been faster if I had reinforced the new part before I started. That took about 30 minutes, because I had to wait for the epoxy to cure.

Anyway, after being around Mark VIII's for almost 10 years now, and doing ALL of my own work, I've grown VERY familiar with the locations of everything, and the best/easiest way to remove stuff.

Members online

No members online now.
Back