Great. LS wants to play games. Need an opinion here..

a bit more progress on this today. i knew my cap was shot so i replaced the o ring and made a pressure tester out of it.

if anyone wants to use sometime ill add it to the LVC free loaner program :p

925449B8-BA66-4B0A-B353-DCD84AFD32F8-11340-0000058FA0D2A083.jpg

193FDEB9-B6FD-490B-8F71-17225FC0AECB-11340-0000058F97DA9659.jpg

guage is for fuel pressure and reads all the way from 1lb to 16. perfect.

threw it on there, let it run for 6 mins at 2500rpm, drove it around, then another 5 at 2500rpm. reading was... not quite 1lb. -_-

bought a new cap (5.99 at oreilly) drove it home from work.. (18mi) popped the hood, all hoses are soft as leather, cap had very very very little pressure behind it. new, tight cap. temp stayed right in the middle. took temp readings with a thermometer. first one is out of thermostat, second is out of radiator.

87534E7B-C4BD-42CE-80EA-F1F2C5FC5244-11340-0000058FB24ADA36.jpg

38EDDAD3-A89F-400D-9E0B-0C6B6BE7DB99-11340-0000058FC3390F1C.jpg

radiator is doing its job. thermostat is doing its job (dunno how) and water pump is obviously doing its job. but im not building pressure.

what are all the lines that we have that are plastic? upper, lower, and reservoir? that it? thanks guys. and if my signature picture honestly offends you then someone else can let me know. no one has had a problem with it yet.:confused:

In reference to the picture in post #17

I recently had to change that part. That white residue indicates a coolant is escaping the system through their as steam. Id highly recommend replacing this part before you stay stranded as i did. I was experiencing the same symptoms as you.
While i was in there i decided to replace the thermostat and housing as well. I upgraded to the aluminum jag housing. Looks way better and one less plastic piece.

Just my .02 cents

In reference to the picture in post #17

I recently had to change that part. That white residue indicates a coolant is escaping the system through their as steam. Id highly recommend replacing this part before you stay stranded as i did. I was experiencing the same symptoms as you.
While i was in there i decided to replace the thermostat and housing as well. I upgraded to the aluminum jag housing. Looks way better and one less plastic piece.

Just my .02 cents

thank you!!! where can i pickup one of those??

I got mine from fordpartsgiant.com

Tube assembly part # xw4z-8a520-af
Gasket #xw4z-8255-da
Bolt hex head # -w500215-s309

However i got the jaguar thermostat housing from rockauto.com
2000 jaguar s type

everything is now ordered. degas bottle, coolant outlet tube, aluminum thermostat housing, & upper and lower radiator tubes.. came to just under 300$. now i gotta hurry up and wait.... while im waiting... anyone see a problem with converting to conventional green? (after i rinse the whole system good)

Great thread. I experienced this twice within the last month. The first time I just went to the car wash which is not even quarter of a mile up the street from my house. When I do the coils I'm going to scrutinized everything while I'm in there.

everything is now ordered. degas bottle, coolant outlet tube, aluminum thermostat housing, & upper and lower radiator tubes.. came to just under 300$. now i gotta hurry up and wait.... while im waiting... anyone see a problem with converting to conventional green? (after i rinse the whole system good)

Yeah, I see a problem with it! We don't know what will happen to it.

I just did this entire job to my LS, I had the same weird problems with no pressure at the hose's and the random overheating as well, I did at one time a while ago did change the degas bottle with dorman brand...horrible mistake ! Went ahead and changed it with the oem bottle while all of the other parts were being changed as well.

Problem is gone :) Just be sure to use the OEM degas bottle and not that crap dorman sells.

I just did this entire job to my LS, I had the same weird problems with no pressure at the hose's and the random overheating as well, I did at one time a while ago did change the degas bottle with dorman brand...horrible mistake ! Went ahead and changed it with the oem bottle while all of the other parts were being changed as well.

Problem is gone :) Just be sure to use the OEM degas bottle and not that crap dorman sells.

I love Dorman products. what's wrong with it? like, what happened?

the doorman is known to fail a lot. I went through 3 bottles In less then a year until I went to OEM. so trust us go with oem. also I think you missed the tube that's under the thermostat housing that goes to the engine bay that develops cracks and you wont see a coolant leak.

I love Dorman products. what's wrong with it? like, what happened?

the doorman is known to fail a lot. I went through 3 bottles In less then a year until I went to OEM. so trust us go with oem. also I think you missed the tube that's under the thermostat housing that goes to the engine bay that develops cracks and you wont see a coolant leak.

What choclat said pretty much I received two broken bottles (dorman) and then put in the third one and I suspected that was part of my problem again, So i purchased a new oem bottle from tasca, a bit pricey but well worth it.

choclat you mean this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-O...its=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item416c0db5d4

Tasca parts are cheaper on their website than on eBay.....

Don't forget the OEM thermostat.

Tasca parts are cheaper on their website than on eBay.....

I found phoning them got me an even better price but then they screwed up on the shipping cost.

What do you mean? The suggested interval might be 100k miles. I'd do it before that though.

I think that time is probably more important than miles. I've always replaced the coolant every three years or so, but on the LS you might increase that to five or six years. Then you could replace the coolant at the same time as all the plastic cooling system parts. The universal green stuff now comes in an extended interval version too.

okay, everything is all set. someone verify all this for me though. i might be forgetting something.

1. 12 pack of brew
2. all plastic molded hoses (ordered) and degas bottle (ordered)
3. thermostat housing (aluminum) ((ordered))
4. thermostat and seal (OEM pressure?? is it best?)
5. tons of worm type hose clamps
6. 2 gallons of the green stuff
7. distilled water
8. lots of patience

anything im forgetting? im sure there is a few seals or something.
i was thinking about throwing some of that radiator flush stuff in it a few days before i do this.. just to clean stuff out. thoughts?

Just make sure you have all the seals, that is what kept me from finishing mine in a timely manner. There's a seal between each outles on each plastic part, and I missed two of them on my initial order that the local Lincoln dealer could not get in a timely or cost effective manner. The local Jag dealer had them in the next day for a pittance, though.

Same here ... re-used old ones, so far no probs.

Just the ones on the outlet pipe as I didn't have new ones, they seemed fine.

They were originally stuck on the opposite housing metal casting, carefully scraped them off,
(just a rubber o-ring) and then cleaned off the contact points with some steel wool and fine sand paper.

Inspected, cleaned everything up, reused/reseated them into the new outlet pipe.
They compress inside a groove. tightened it down to spec and kept an eye on it.

~ not a problem to date.

won't get into details here, but does anyone have a degas bottle laying around? that would be willing to take measurements? THERE WILL BE SOMETHING IN IT FOR YOU. just think on that. I need complete measurements. PMme. :)

you think Mr. Hite when he designed his all aluminum degas bottle, may have taken some measurements ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back