Gran Turismo 5

Well even with the very limited GT5P I have I still have lots of fun. I really enjoy beating up on Sapperfire when he comes over. :lol: I cant use any of my really good cars cause I beat him too much and its no fun. If he uses my Ford GT LM with 694 hp then I have to step down to the Renult Clio or Non tuned Evo to keep the race fair. :p

I was suprised at the dynamics though. I thought the GTR would be my weapon of choice but the Ford GT (LM and regular) as well as the Tuned Evo, Ferrari 430 and the R8 all seem to be better cars. Ever since I got the GT LM though I have been playing with it. Thing is an animal.

Cars I have so far:
Ford GT
Ford GT LM
EVO X
EVO X Tuned
EXO IX
Nissan GTR R35
Nissan GTR R34
Nissan Proto Skyline (Infinity G37)
Nissan Proto Skyline LM (Infinity G37)
STi
RX-7
Z06
Audi R8
Ferrari F430
Aston DB9
Lotus Elise LM
Cappachino LM (whoping 64hp)
NSX
Renult Clio
BMW M3 (some special edition)
BMW 135

i raced a friend online. he ran the mach1 fully built it hits 240~ish. i raced him in my protege and beat him (barely) but it was fun as hell key was i could turn

come on christmas.............cant wait to play again

I lost my PS3 in the divorce..Now Im trying to get another cuz if I dont play this game I will DIE!!! lol

Damn she took the ps3... That sucks

Laser, we need to get more credits, I want that Indy Ferrari, and I know you want the Ferrari F40

Damn she took the ps3... That sucks

Laser, we need to get more credits, I want that Indy Ferrari, and I know you want the Ferrari F40
Got a half million so far. Was gonna get the F40 but dont imagine it will be any better then the Ford GT. So hopefully I will have the Indy car soon.

Pissed me off cause yesterday I was in Walmart and they were selling a 46" Bravia with PS3 for $989!

I want the PS3 and the TV would be 6" bigger than what I have now....hmmm

Pissed me off cause yesterday I was in Walmart and they were selling a 46" Bravia with PS3 for $989!

I want the PS3 and the TV would be 6" bigger than what I have now....hmmm

fyi

tomorrow night(fri) thru Sun walmart has Ps3 for 299 and you get a $100 walmart giftcard with it.

I was watching Top Gear the other day and an ad for Forza 3 appeared saying the Top Gear track was in it. So whats up with that?

Hello Gran Turismo Fans,
As a very special Christmas present to all of you have been enjoying the pleasures of the real driving simulator over the last few weeks, I can confirm today that a new functionality update has been made available for GT5. The update features the following new functionality.
Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] has been added to the upper left of the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official events being held for a limited time.
In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
Hot Car Dealer
A [Hot Car Dealer] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In the Hot Car Dealer you’ll find popular and rare used cars.
You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealer]
Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience.
Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races
The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].
Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].
Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time. (Until the end of January, 2011).
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulty getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
There will be further enhancements and updates to come in the future, so until then enjoy the great new functions and keep a check on the PlayStation Blog and gran-turismo.com for more news.

Hot Car Dealer
A [Hot Car Dealer] has been added to the left center of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In the Hot Car Dealer you’ll find popular and rare used cars.
You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealer]

heard about everything till this! this makes chicken happy :D cuz i like all the odd ball cars. was lookin (while i rented it) for a sc mr2 like mine. so i could buy it and just let it sit and never drive it ;)

The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time. (Until the end of January, 2011).
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulty getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
haven't heard about the reward increase either sounds good cuz i was doing just fine and had plenty of money. i did read something about people getting 5-6 paint chips each day (in the us only) but no notifications. they said to write down the number you have and the next time you play that number will go up

is it christmas yet!!!!!!!!! wtf longest week EVER! cant wait to see everything after the update

woot!been tearing it up since i got it :) just hit level 20 and got a mil saved up but still no mr2 :( (it must know im not gonna drive it anyway). anyone hit me up psn id chickenviii, yup im real original

woot!been tearing it up since i got it :) just hit level 20 and got a mil saved up but still no mr2 :( (it must know im not gonna drive it anyway). anyone hit me up psn id chickenviii, yup im real original

sweet, i'll be looking for you.

Anyone got the wheel yet?

which one? the new $599 wheel ?
or are you asking about wheels in general?

i have Logitech from my pc racing days that i am using
Logitech Formula GP wth force feedback, works nice, but only does 180° rotation, new wheels do 900 or 1080 °

The logitech GT5 wheel. Not the whole chair and all. I have it and it is awesome. It completly changed the whole experience. I will post pics soon of my cockpit soon.

I have the Logitech G27. I like the wheel but my shifter is broken. So I'm 40% thumbs up and 60% thumbs down. I'm pretty sure if it would have worked from the time I took it out of the package my opinion would be better than it is now. I also think that if the wheel was fully supported I would have had a better experience.

i meant the new one, it is $599 for wheel & pedals only!

thrustmaster-1-600x450.jpg

The logitech GT5 wheel. Not the whole chair and all. I have it and it is awesome. It completly changed the whole experience. I will post pics soon of my cockpit soon.

on sale at bestbuy now for $99,but out of stock most everywhere.

Members online

No members online now.
Back