Gotta quiet her down now...

The Rev

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm moving about 2 miles down the road, different city and I'd like to quiet the Mark down before I attract the attention of the local police, and piss off my new neighbors. I have new cats and an xpipe mounted slightly after where the stock 3rd cat was, and thats it. I'd still like to have it on par with a mustang for noise, so as to blend in with them. As it is now when I start it, it is terribly loud until I either put it in drive/the rpms fall on their own.

I like my 4" tips, and I wonder would 2 glasspacks inserted into those make it quiet enough? I'm also open to the xpipe muffler that someone here is running. Any suggestions?

Its all 2.5"

Edit: The 2 new cats are actually inserted into xpipe, so just removing the xpipe may not be as easy.

neihbors, don't all nehbors love loud vehicles? I would just get some mufflers that would take away some noise

Glasspacks would be worse, they are most horrible sounding muffler on Earth! LOL! They sound like a Farm truck.

I'm with Geno on this one. The only way you can use a glasspack and it not sound like :q:q:q:q is to put it in front of another muffler like a flowmaster (suedo cat if you will). I had to have it done on my toyota truck because it sounded like total ass. It will quiet it down a lil.;)

I'll be doing a setup within the next week. Quiet is my goal with a bit of an aggressive note only when getting on it. I'll tell you how it works out for me.

ive heard/read that the dynomax bullets sound pretty nice and at $30 a peice the price isnt bad either. can get them from Summit. just throw them in stock muffler location

Members online

No members online now.
Back