gotta love gremlins

mafioso

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So When we had the car apart doing the interior I think a ground strap broke and didnt get bolted back in, so now I have a NASTY ground loop. the famous alternator whine.

at first I thought it was the stock Amp so I replaced with another and the whine is still there. changed 3 head units and its still there. I have taken the interior out to check if I left a gound undone. no bueno.

So now Im sitting with a new HU MTX 4 channel amp, All new wires to the speakers(wow that made a hige improvement) I have an 2AWG from the alt to the front battery, 0 from the isolator to the back batteries in the back its all wired in with 0awg from the distro block to each blue top which feeds each oasis, I tested the resistance on the grounds from the charging system (battereies to chassis,Alternator to block, block to chassis) and they are less then 1ohm so I know they are good.

The HU and AMP have fresh grounds. None of the stock wiring is used for the audio.

Does any one have the Gen1 electrical schematic so I can trace all of the grounds and make sure none are broken?

wanna hear a gremlin prob lol my 96 I tape records to play in the tape player. In the early am on my way to work I have no left side speakers when playing tapes radio is ok on both sides,on the way home I have both sides I guess my car dont want to rock and roll on the way to work

Members online

Back