Got My XCAL!!!!!!!!!

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got to love Craigslist. Got an XCAL for $200.:Beer Going to contact Torrie and get three custom programs for it. I was the first person to call for it. Sellor got 8 more calls right after me. Got lucky.:)

Isn't it just about the same price for Torrie to build the tunes since it was not purchased through Fastparts? I could be wrong but I swear I have an email somewhere from him saying it was going to be about the same cost.

Nice, its worth it just for the speed limiter removal alone. The ability to firm and adjust shift points as well as modify spark and fuel and other stuff for some additional power is icing on the cake. Its good for at least 10 HP, maybe 15 if you send him back some logs so he can further tweak your tune. Also handy for reading and clearing DTC's.

I have one in my glove box. Car is tuned to stock, because I had the PCM changed out. This reminds me to give torrie a call for some tunes.

FWIW, I believe Torrie charges $150for a 3 pack of tunes.

I'm currently "in the market" for a replacement. The LS ain't wrecked/broken, so I got some time. It may be the last summer for it. And hell, who am I kidding? I hate not having 1st gear launch in SST. :D

I am in the process of talking with Torrie about the tune for my car. Primary need is a tune that advances my fuel but not timing due to the nitrous. Of course I do want all of the other run of the mill changes as well(shift points, top end limiter removed) as well.

Don't expect miracles with a generic off the shelf tune or you'll be sadly disappointed! :D

Had an ILLS tune, was not impressed with that whole experience. I would imagine nothing beats a dyno tune. At least Torrie provides service (where Rob fell embarrassingly short.)

Had an ILLS tune, was not impressed with that whole experience. I would imagine nothing beats a dyno tune. At least Torrie provides service (where Rob fell embarrassingly short.)

Same here, not saying it was a negative experience, but one revision of the tune after looking over some logged data would be nice. Some features that I didn't want changed were left untouched, but they were also not unlocked either. He did get me a good deal on my xcal though.

Yes, that's what I was getting at. After having a generic tune in my LS and a custom dyno tune in my SRT (nevermind the power differences there), a dyno tune is the only way I'd go in the future. You know it's suited for YOUR car, not an average of variables for every LS (or whatever car it is) out there.

If you guys can find someone that can dyno tune an LS, I would definitely suggest it even if it does cost about 4 times more than Torrie's tunes. Hell, if you're close to Torrie I would go straight to him for one. He's done some wicked cars before. Probably far harder to tune than an LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back