Got me a new 93' w/23,000mi

^^ Thats a sweet car... But, 14000 as a starting bid? :eek: Craziness...

"...but it gave me one hell of a chirp on a 1 to 2 manual shift about 5000rpm"

That may, well most likely is, a broken 1-2 accumulator as blue mentioned. Thats not saying the Mark can not chirp that 1st to 2nd shift, but a broken spring makes it easier for it to do it!

i LOOOVEEE that color:eek:

as for the chirp...mine would do it too before i did the j-mod. manual shift 1-2 (bad idea on the early trans) and it would break them loose at anything over half throttle. no broken spring on mine when i did the j-mod. had the old style piston though.

Ain't it odd though? Two 93s, both 23k. If the interiors were the same that would just be freaky!

Now if he DOES sell it at that price, I would not blame you for selling yours!!

I would be very suprised if that Ebay seller gets anywhere remotely close to his asking price! If he does... well, hope for the rest of us! Lol.

Note on the chirp on the 1-2 shift. My 93 and 94 would chirp the tires very healthily on a manual 1-2 shift. With no spring issues. Even my rebuilt tranny would. Yet in drive the shift was normal. I spoke to a dealer tech and he suspected the cars computer reads the manual upshift signal from first to 2nd differently and acts faster due to the direct signal from the tranny module as the lever shifts from 1st to second vs just a signal from the computer with the car in drive.

Ain't it odd though? Two 93s, both 23k. If the interiors were the same that would just be freaky!

Now if he DOES sell it at that price, I would not blame you for selling yours!!

That is pretty strange. But even If I sold mine for 14 or 15k, what the hell would be able to buy with it? A certified used Toyota? I think i'll keep the Mark ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back