got lucky today

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to check out this 95 at the pick n pull in summit today..car has been there for about a week so I didn't expect much but when I walked up to it this is what I found! Not everyday you find a mark viii in the jy with a perfect grille and eyebrow!

utf-8BSU1BRzE0OTcuanBn.jpg

I grabbed the grille, eyebrow, pass corner light, pass tail light and trunk lock cover all for just over $60! Man I love pick n pull! While I was finishing up the harvesting, I hear a guy come up and ask my friend who was with me if anything good was left on it..and I peak out from the back of the car to see Paul Van! We shot the sh*t for a while and checked out his 96 LSC in the parking lot before going our ways..just funny that I run into him at a junkyard miles away from where we live..small world.

Got the parts home and cleaned them up nice..

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MDguanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MDkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MTEuanBn.jpg

There's still a lot of good stuff left on it..decent headlights, other corner light/tail light I didn't grab and best of all the front air shocks and rear bags which looked to be in real nice shape, they still are holding air and have no signs of dry rot..car had 90k on it...somebody better grab these!

utf-8BSU1BRzE0OTkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MDEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MDIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MDMuanBn.jpg

The last time I went to this pick n pull a few months ago I spotted this 96 LSC out of the corner of my eye parked on a side street by brookfield zoo. I remembered roughly where it was so today I kept a lookout for it and sure enough I found it parked in the same exact spot as the last time..so I had to stop and take a few pics. This is the most faded torreader red paint I think I've ever seen..I don't think the original owner knew what wax was. Judging by the paint fade, faded chrome on the grille, lack of rust and perfect chrome 10 spokes I'd say this was a southern car most of its life...but what I don't get is the arrow straight back window seal?? Wtf? What are the odds that I spot a 96 LSC on the way to a junkyard to look for mark viii parts though?? I will deffinetly keep a lookout at all the surrounding junkyards for this car to pop up in sometime in the near future.

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MDQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzE1MDcuanBn.jpg

Pretty solid find. I probably would have pulled the air bags though.

Yeah, didn't have any of the right size wrenches to break the upper ball joints or lower shock mounts loose, would have had to come back, figured id leave them for someone who needs them.

Yeah, didn't have any of the right size wrenches to break the upper ball joints or lower shock mounts loose, would have had to come back, figured id leave them for someone who needs them.

You don't need to break the upper ball joint loose. Just let the air out of the spring and unbolt the bottom and top and take it out. But yeah, I would go back and get them just to have as spares if they're in that good shape. I need a spare set myself. There's no telling how much more life my Arnotts have left in them:D

Polish that 96 LSC and it could be pretty again! Except for all the dents and scratches.

Polish that 96 LSC and it could be pretty again! Except for all the dents and scratches.

Might be able to have a pdr place take that crease out..I've sen them do some amazing things with sheetmetal..and yea I bet the clearcoat would probably buff out and shine still, doesn't look like its peeling yet..I bet its solid too.

That was a good find in the JY and worth what you paid for those parts. I would have been all over them too. As for the 96 on the side of the road, that car looks like it has been sanded completely and has no clear coat on it at all. Besides that, it looks like a fairly clean car. The dents could be fixed and once painted, it would be a nice looking ride. You should pull up next to it the next time you're around it and check the mileage on it. Maybe ask someone if it's for sale. Never know what they'll take for it and then again, it might not ever be for sale. :confused:

Damn. Wish I could find some nice front marker lights that weren't all spidered cracked and had broken mounting points :(

Might be able to have a pdr place take that crease out..I've sen them do some amazing things with sheetmetal..and yea I bet the clearcoat would probably buff out and shine still, doesn't look like its peeling yet..I bet its solid too.

Exactly, as long as the clearcoat aint gone it can still shine :) The white paint or something on the rear bumper is probably quite easy to get rid off.

IDK, that hood's pretty far gone. I don't think all the buffing in the world would help it. The sides may be restorable with some elbow grease. But I'd say a paint job is in order for that jewel.

What I wouldn't give to have gotten just the grill by itself for $60. Mine's all smashed in and missing teeth but they're always gone off the junk yard cars. Seeing the prices online and I learned why.

That was a good find in the JY and worth what you paid for those parts. I would have been all over them too. As for the 96 on the side of the road, that car looks like it has been sanded completely and has no clear coat on it at all. Besides that, it looks like a fairly clean car. The dents could be fixed and once painted, it would be a nice looking ride. You should pull up next to it the next time you're around it and check the mileage on it. Maybe ask someone if it's for sale. Never know what they'll take for it and then again, it might not ever be for sale. :confused:

Yeah something tells me I wouldn't be too welcome if I were to go up and ring the door bell..I would have had to get past the burglar bars first lol, not the best neighborhood. But it is tempting. And yeah the 96 looks like it was washed with a brillo pad, usually paint fades on the top surfaces of the car..there's no way sun would make the bottom of the bumpers and rocker panels fade like that..someone must have purposely done that..weird.

Damn, was going to head out to that pick n pull on monday to try and find a grill and eyebrow trim for my mark. If those are going on your mark and the grill and eyebrow are decent on your car now, I'll buy em off you. I hate looking at the dent and broken gold grill on my car. Hopefully there are still some decent parts out there when I get off work on monday. Gotta get a sway bar, gas door button and a few other odds and ends. Maybe the axle stubs to press the cobra hubs into just to make the hub swap go quicker.

Blue there is a 97 gen2 at the picknpull in indiana that recently came up on thier site. Not sure if you checked that one out or not.

Damn, was going to head out to that pick n pull on monday to try and find a grill and eyebrow trim for my mark. If those are going on your mark and the grill and eyebrow are decent on your car now, I'll buy em off you. I hate looking at the dent and broken gold grill on my car. Hopefully there are still some decent parts out there when I get off work on monday. Gotta get a sway bar, gas door button and a few other odds and ends. Maybe the axle stubs to press the cobra hubs into just to make the hub swap go quicker.

Blue there is a 97 gen2 at the picknpull in indiana that recently came up on thier site. Not sure if you checked that one out or not.

You can have the trim if you'd like, the grille not sure about yet, I might keep it, we'll see..mine is cracked at the bottom of one of the screw mounting holes, you can't see it but it bothers me..so I may put it on my car, if not its getting sold.

I need a set of rear bags if those look good. Let me know.

Both of the rear bags were good, there were no visible cracks..they were fully extended since it was in the air and you could see where the "fold line" usually is and had no dry rot there..same with the front air shocks..very good shape for a 95..only had 90k miles on it.

Both of the rear bags were good, there were no visible cracks..they were fully extended since it was in the air and you could see where the "fold line" usually is and had no dry rot there..same with the front air shocks..very good shape for a 95..only had 90k miles on it.

Why was the car there in the first place? Was it in an accident or was it nothing obvious and must have been mechanical?

Why was the car there in the first place? Was it in an accident or was it nothing obvious and must have been mechanical?

No the car was all intact, nothing was wrecked..it actually appeared to be in pretty good shape, the interior was kinda trashed but other than that it looked pretty solid for a Midwest car, no rust holes or rot anywhere..so something must have gone wrong with the engine or trans..most likely trans though. Although it DID have that ugly ass landau top..so maybe thats why they junked it lol. Just out of curiosity I tore back the landau top around the rear glass hoping to find a flawless window seal but was disappointed to find that when they install those tops they partially slice the base of the window seal (near the trunk) off to make it fit properly. However even with the fake top covering the rear window seal for 17 years it STILL had some minor lasagna ripple going on..talk about a flawed design by ford.

The do u know the web site i wanna go check it out, also are u talking about the pick n pull on Indianapolis blvd?

It's picknpull.com. They show a 97 mark at thier Hammond, IN location on Summer St. Shows an on yard date of 10/31/12. They've got the best prices on parts out of any junk yards. Got my missing rear sway bar, replaced a rusted brace, and a few pieces of trim for under $50.

Members online

No members online now.
Back