Got exhausted by LMS

miller98lsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been doing much reading and no typing on this site for a while, but i just have to brag about the new exhaust.
Drove down to Hammonton to have the whole system installed and Geno the guys down at the shop are exhaust professionals! The whole system is tucked up to the body absolutely perfectly and its solidly attached. The mufflers look fantastic and the sound definately surprised me. It was definately better than i anticipated. I got to hang out in the shop while they were finishing up the install and it was just a great day for a gearhead. Chevy's, Ford's, Lincolns, and Mopars all playing together nicely.

Hey Geno i told you I wasn't gonna smoke them when i pulled away but i'm sure you noticed i did anyway. Thats because the car didn't use to light them up like that when i floored it without the brakes! Couldn't be happier

Great george. It was nice meeting you and your Mom!! I can't believe how cool and into cars she was. I guess you Guys like the 600hp 68 Camaro!!
Im glad you are happy with your system. Heres a few pics of the job that night. Enjoy. Ill post the videos we took when I get anew a/v line for the camera tomorrow. It sounds more throaty then the first 2 sets of prototypes we had. Very MEAN sound.

qx4new.jpg

x2new1.jpg

x2new2.jpg

x2new3.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:
Great george. It was nice meeting you and your Mom!! I can't believe how cool and into cars she was. I guess you Guys like the 600hp 68 Camaro!!
Im glad you are happy with your system. Heres a few pics of the job that night. Enjoy. Ill post the videos we took when I get anew a/v line for the camera tomorrow. It sounds more throaty then the first 2 sets of prototypes we had. Very MEAN sound.

qx4new.jpg

x2new1.jpg

x2new2.jpg

x2new3.jpg

I love it. I wonder how it would look on my 93. Heck Geno, I just may make a vacation road trip this June. Keep a look out for me.

George and Geno Looks great!!
What do you do if you have to drop the trans ? I have my exhaust now ordered.

Steve :Bang

How much was the whole exhaust? Im am wondering about ordering the whole thing. I have shop acess and can weld so i can install myself. Plus im all the way up in BC canada.

Ray

Sergmark said:
George and Geno Looks great!!
What do you do if you have to drop the trans ? I have my exhaust now ordered.

Steve :Bang

You unbolt the 4 bolts that connect the pipes to the cats.

turbobird said:
How much was the whole exhaust? Im am wondering about ordering the whole thing. I have shop acess and can weld so i can install myself. Plus im all the way up in BC canada.

Ray

We do not sell the piping, just the critical components. Most shops will bend this for you no problem, just print this as a reference picture.

driller said:
We know the exhaust... but how'd you get this pic!?

I put the camera on a creeper and marked the dead center then took a pic every 3 feet then combined them all in photoshop.

Cool Picture Geno, You were on a roll LOL
Some sugested i add some flanges so I would not have to drop the whole exhaust??
Is that the car that you just told me you finished? Once again grat job. :I

Sergmark said:
Cool Picture Geno, You were on a roll LOL
Some sugested i add some flanges so I would not have to drop the whole exhaust??
Is that the car that you just told me you finished? Once again grat job. :I

Yes this is the one. You can add flanges, most of them are 3 bolt and are difficult to undo. I like it this way because you just unbolt the hangers and 4 bolts and 2 or 4 02 sensors and the whole thing drops right out.

And Geno, almost forgot to mention that the "crushed nut" or whatever it was that you fixed eliminated the vibrations in the car over 60 MPH by at least 95%. I've been driving 60 MPH on the highway ever since i got the 4.10's because of horrible vibes but now she's happy all the way to at least 90. (thats as high as i got on the way home) thanks again

miller98lsc said:
And Geno, almost forgot to mention that the "crushed nut" or whatever it was that you fixed eliminated the vibrations in the car over 60 MPH by at least 95%. I've been driving 60 MPH on the highway ever since i got the 4.10's because of horrible vibes but now she's happy all the way to at least 90. (thats as high as i got on the way home) thanks again

NICE. I was wondering how that went. Im glad it ll worked out. Call me up for them rims!!!

ONEBADMK8 said:
I put the camera on a creeper and marked the dead center then took a pic every 3 feet then combined them all in photoshop.
Love the pic. Great job.

My whole exhaust job cost roughly $500. That included Magnaflow SS racing mufflers, x pipe, full 2.5" piping and labor. May be a bit much. But I'm very pleased with the final outcome.

Well, I took Geno's photoshop exhaust system to a custom exhaust shop today to see if they could do it. For the most part yes, but.... the guy asked how does the xexpansion system compensate for bypassing the secondary cat & resonator. Apparently the emissions controls here may not be quite as bad as california but we are probably in second place. So Geno, is there something in your system that duplicates the process to pass emissions. I am working hard at making arrangements to get it installed but I have to cover all my bases. Can you provide a few details about the system for a '94 as I really want the true duals but also want to pass the smog test. Also what are the critical components that are shipped. Is there a secondary cat in your system?

Not of this car, Jims car's video is up under his thread but these XpansionX versions are the final production ones, they do sound different slightly the Jim's because they are a longer body. More of a deeper throaty sound. I have to goto Radio Shack and get an A/V wire.

Members online

No members online now.
Back