Got a clunking in the right rear

You can see if the shock mounts are broken from the wheel well, just jack it up a little. If there bad you'll know.

67Continental said:
I'm thinking shock - what is the best way to test this?

Pop the trunk. Remove the carpet over the shock towers. Hop up and down on the back end and watch the shock mount for movement. It will be very pronounced is my guess.

ok, there was movement in the shock mount when I did as instructed. I would like to replace the shocks with Cobra Bilsteins. Do I have to get new mounts as well? Or can I reuse the mounts that are there? (Why are they moving? is it the mount that is broken or the shock that is broken?)

Also, what is the electronic harness attached to the top of each of my shocks?

You probably don't need shocks. Just replace the mounts whether you burn them out and get new ones. Fords are like $30 a piece.

MonsterMark said:
You probably don't need shocks. Just replace the mounts whether you burn them out and get new ones. Fords are like $30 a piece.

cool - i will call max @ five star. Do you know what the wiring harness at the top of shock is for?

67Continental said:
Also, what is the electronic harness attached to the top of each of my shocks?

that was the anti dive electronic control used in 93 only.for brake dive.

you dont need it from what i am told

Moes8 said:
that was the anti dive electronic control used in 93 only.for brake dive.

you dont need it from what i am told

hmmm, used in 93 only? I have a 94....does that mean that they left it in, but it's not really attached to anything?

67Continental said:
hmmm, used in 93 only? I have a 94....does that mean that they left it in, but it's not really attached to anything?

Yes, I have the same question. My 94 has them also.

I deleted them from my 93 when I change my shocks last year. So I know you don't need them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back