Goodbye my lincoln

This is where you kinda need to take a step back and be a little open minded.
Some people will buy very high end cars, and mod the living crap out of them. They got the cash$$ and they make it a hobby. 1200HP Nissan GTR, 2300HP Ford GT... and a 900HP Lincoln LS LMAO :D

difference being those 1200hp GTR's get there by calling AMS and dropping their car off for a week while the internals are replaced and maybe have the short block stroked out a little bit...

same with the 2K+hp GT's, they are just getting built stronger, and have their blower swapped out with a pair of huge hair driers but are still using the same 5.4 engine and drivetrain, neither one of those had had to have the entire car re-engineered or actually have the entire car stripped down to just a body to put over their race car. big difference.

It actually kills me on the inside (and I'm not saying that lightly) that Ford wont bring this car back. Cadillac is sitting here with a CTS-V laughing at Ford.

Like it legit angers me the LS isn't brought back.

why on earth would ford even consider bringing back one of their worst selling cars they possibly ever had? that just makes no sense at all. maybe its just my old age, But I'm tired of wishing that ford would have made the LS how I think it should have been made and I am just glad that somebody out there is making the kind of cars that I want to own. instead of sitting here wishing the LS would get re-released but this time with all of its weaknesses fixed, I'd rather just go out and buy one of the current cars that are exactly what I want...

why on earth would ford even consider bringing back one of their worst selling cars they possibly ever had?

On reflection, I can see my naivety on this subject. Lincoln isn't capable of making a Luxury Sport vehicle. Thats why the LS failed. Ford is discontinuing all their cars except for Mustang and Focus. Ford can't sell cars. Their F150 is the bread and butter, along with the soccer mom SUV's. Thats all this company is good at.

I'd rather just go out and buy one of the current cars that are exactly what I want...

Like what? Give me some examples.

On reflection, I can see my naivety on this subject. Lincoln isn't capable of making a Luxury Sport vehicle. Thats why the LS failed. Ford is discontinuing all their cars except for Mustang and Focus. Ford can't sell cars. Their F150 is the bread and butter, along with the soccer mom SUV's. Thats all this company is good at.

Like what? Give me some examples.
What happens to Ford when the truck fad wear out and it will wear out be it 10 or 15 years

What happens to Ford when the truck fad wear out and it will wear out be it 10 or 15 years

My best guess is they will follow the next fad. Right now, electric cars are really catching on with Tesla spear heading the market. I think in the next 10+ years, Ford will have at least 5 electric vehicles available in the market.

Totally off topic, but:
Toyota is trying to compete with electric cars by using Hydrogen fuel cell, which IMHO, is a better solution than hooking up millions of cars to an already depleted electric grid.
Of course you need electricity to create hydrogen through electrolysis, but that can be resolved by having the hydrogen processing plants (Or steam reformer) powered by solar energy.

Sun = Free unlimited energy.
Use sun to power electrolysis plants, creating hydrogen.
Cars burn hydrogen to fuel themselves.
By product of burning hydrogen is H2O.
H2O goes into atmosphere, and rains water.

The cycle continues. Water renews. Sun is unlimited. Problem solved.

the difference is that you can plug in an electric car damn near anywhere. don't think I've ever seen a single hydrogen pump in my life(there was a NG pump at the Meijer next to my old job)... nothing worse that having to develop the cars AND create an entire infrastructure to fuel them....

Also, fun thought. Maybe one day Tesla will actually turn a profit.

the difference is that you can plug in an electric car damn near anywhere. don't think I've ever seen a single hydrogen pump in my life(there was a NG pump at the Meijer next to my old job)... nothing worse that having to develop the cars AND create an entire infrastructure to fuel them....
Also, fun thought. Maybe one day Tesla will actually turn a profit.

I don't want to sound like I'm picking at your words, so hear me out.
People said the exact same thing about electric cars when they hit the market over a decade ago. Now, there's elec charging in every city.
As for the infrastructure, same thing applies. Elec had to build its infrastructure from scratch too, and its now well advanced. There's charge ports at every mall where I live.
The reason you don't see HFC stations is because most stations are in Cali.

Side Note:
Hydrogen fuel cell is 'pumped' into cars. Its very easy to convert current petro stations into HFC Stations. Same locations, just a pump swap.

Members online

No members online now.
Back