Good UV protecting polishes?

davearnold007

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a White 96 that hasn't been waxed in a while because it was garage kept for 7 years. Because my wife has claimed the garage for her Caravan, and yes, she is the boss, I need a really good UV protector as well as a good shine. Any suggestions?

Any good wax is going to give you Uv-a and Uv-b Protection.

Now it sounds like your saying that your paint isnt in its tip top condition right?

Well if thats so... Wax isnt going to Make it better all alone, you might need to compound or polish your paint.

My suggestions Would be to bring the car to a Pro. But that said if your up to it, i would Degrease and wash the surface, Clay bar the Paint, Re-wash, Hand Rub the surface out with Meguiars Dual action Cleaner/Polish, and Then Wax the Car With Meguiars Nxt Tech Wax

You Could Also just use a One-step Cleaner Wax.

If you need Any more help feel free to ask

The best and longest lasting wax is Nu-Finish. This stuff is the longest lasting wax I've ever used. It's best applied twice within 30 days for protection of 6-12 months. I use it from time to time but since I show my car I've been using Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. It doesn't last as long but it's extremely easy to apply and take off. I do monthly maintenance with the NXT quick detailer. Takes about 15 minutes to spray the car and wipe off.

For everyone that uses Meguiars and wants to learn more about taking care of your cars check out www.meguiarsonline.com. There is plenty of info there. They even have some free detailing classes for members of the forum.

BigT said:
For everyone that uses Meguiars and wants to learn more about taking care of your cars check out www.meguiarsonline.com. There is plenty of info there. They even have some free detailing classes for members of the forum.
I agree. It's one of the best kept secrets on the web. I frequent that forum quite a bit. Great tips and tricks for the novice and professional detailer.

Yup meguiarsonline.com is a great forum, Im known as Pmpdetailing over there, but you mostly only find me In the Pro section.

My recomendation

My suggestion would be Black Magic polish, it has UV protection as well as protection for acid rain, bird do-do tree sap, and the acid that is in bug juice.
B/M is a little hard to remove, but you don't need two coats for maximum protection, after my second use I discovered that little longer drying time will keep it from smearing when trying to remove it and use an electric buffer when available.

I hit the Mutha Load!

Torquemonkey - THANKS for the tip, I used Mothers clay it is amazing, awesome, I'm astounded, my boy looks like he just got a paint job, and feels like i could slide from one end to the other on him. The clay with even hooked up the head lights about two shades less-cloudy!!!! I love it!!! thank you so much.

When I read that you will hear the crud come off I thought to myself, yeah right, not on my boy!, but you can feel it and hear it. The elbow grease was nothing compared to the results. I ran out of time and couldn't wax him, but tomorrow I am gonna put a coat on him, I can't wait! I tried to take pics, but no justice. (Torquemonkey suggested Maguires, but I could ony find Mothers)

Thanks Mespock, I did the leather seat thing too, got one of those friggin high priced kits (MagicMender 40-50?), the repair stuff is hittin, I am still tryng to work with the color, but that may be my veg. Overall I am very pleased, I'm sure a lesser $ brand would not have done half well. Pics in garage. The color is already starting to look more of a better match, maybe a little time. The repairs to the leather, far better than I expected, deff. worth it. The stuff like gets in the cracks and becomes the seat, sweet, one crease I wish I would have sanded down a bit, but was afraid I would cause more to loosen. The directions were more for one or two repair sites, mine was quite extensive on the front and left side cushions. Pics have it a bit brighter than it is.

If you've had one rip, you'd wish you spent the $ (I had one rip on my other MarkVIII).

A+++++ on both products
Good luck guys

Debi

Members online

Back