Good Engine rebuild kit?

there are two terminator motors in houston I could buy today for 3500 each.
one is virgin untouched down the the belt guard.

the other is minus the front cover and accessories ala basket case.

you must be getting insider prices of something. i have contemplated this swap myself and have come to the realization that i can build something more powerful for less money. by the time you figure out how to wire everything into a gen 1 and the price of the engine i could build it cheaper with less headache.

XLRVIII I am the spineless gutless wonder. I have been talking to "Mr. Wilson" for a couple years now. You are right I know nothing about this particular motor, but I was trained to rebuild engines, I know what I am doing and I have done it before. Now whether or not this engine is so incredibly different I know that I can build it and have it running like a top.

I did not tell "Mr. Wilson" to post, I just asked him if what was being said in this thread was accurate information, rather than starting a flame war. Looks like I accomplished what I tried to stay away from. Sorry.

/rant.

i have a gen 2 and i want that motor or something simialar do they still have them for sale...

NO not really, but I'd really like to know who the SPINELESS GUTLESS WONDER who cannot speak for themselves that YOU needed to come in and pick my post apart for.

Can they not speak for themselves or are they just too stupid for formulate a sentence.

I still stick by my original statement
you put 10 users from this board in front of a disasembled mod motor and when and IF they get it together it'll be closer to a boat anchor than a running engine.

YOU, Mr Wilson are the exception to that rule of course because we all know you and your infinite wisdom.

SO...again, WHO is the SPINELESS GUTTLES PUSS that cannot speak for themselves? Mr Hero Wilson to the RESCUE!!!

Lets see...the last time i posted seriously on this forum was 2005...4 years ago. 4 years is more than adaquate to get a good schooling on how stupid I was back when. Unlike you I dont believe cars move by via stimulation of black magic. I never said I am the be all and end all to automotive knowledge lol, but there are some fundamentals you just have no clue about. The cute thing is you think you do. You dont know what you dont know until you know what you didnt know. As far as my memory is concerned, I have no recollection of you, though you do of me. Thats probably due to the utter insignifigance that your 'oppinions' have offered here in the past. Why dont you go learn how a horse and buggy work, they are much easier, instead of trying to fool teenagers into thinking you know what your talking about.

No need to consider someone spinless because they are uncertain of anything. Having a third party doesnt make you spineless. If so I guess you were spineless when you bought your house and didnt negoatiate with the seller in person.

Though....you are right about two things. I think 9 out of 10 people on here would turn a fair running engine into a boat anchor, and Mr. Hero Wilson has a good ring to it.

Lets see...the last time i posted seriously on this forum was 2005...4 years ago. 4 years is more than adaquate to get a good schooling on how stupid I was back when. Unlike you I dont believe cars move by via stimulation of black magic. I never said I am the be all and end all to automotive knowledge lol, but there are some fundamentals you just have no clue about. The cute thing is you think you do. You dont know what you dont know until you know what you didnt know. As far as my memory is concerned, I have no recollection of you, though you do of me. Thats probably due to the utter insignifigance that your 'oppinions' have offered here in the past. Why dont you go learn how a horse and buggy work, they are much easier, instead of trying to fool teenagers into thinking you know what your talking about.

No need to consider someone spinless because they are uncertain of anything. Having a third party doesnt make you spineless. If so I guess you were spineless when you bought your house and didnt negoatiate with the seller in person.

Though....you are right about two things. I think 9 out of 10 people on here would turn a fair running engine into a boat anchor, and Mr. Hero Wilson has a good ring to it.

You have no clue JR.

Tommy helps people here everyday.

You on the other hand.... march 29th was last time you put up a post.

Then you come here to troll a active member?

Sure Tommy can be abrasive at times, why don't you try to help the n00bs here everyday and we will see how you do.

Like the man said.....
Go troll someone elses nutsack.

Just an FYI...

I was watching CNN the other day and there was a special medical report...

Turns out that the people on this board are in danger!!!

Cause Dick Riding DOES cause Cancer...

KK needs to get checked out as well as a few other choice members :D

Continue the Verbal Barrage!!!!

I thought it had a nice ring to it as well.

NOW.. go save the world.. one post at a time.

P.S. there are ALOT of noobs that could use your expertise with the baby food spoon.
YOUR HIRED!!!
(hands the baby food spoon to Mr Hero Wilson)

FROGMAN, our Noob problems are SOLVED, Our hero here Mr Wilson is gonna take over on the "welcoming wagon/flogging station".

i have a gen 2 and i want that motor or something simialar do they still have them for sale...

both are pretty much spoken for....they are waiting on available funds to go pick them up.

they were just examples, not "for sale" publicly

Damn you tommy! I was waiting for the "dick breath" comment for when KK posted again!

Stole my thunder :D

XLRVIII I am the spineless gutless wonder.
/rant.

well your post here means you weren't as spineless as I had perceived.
I read the other thread and "thought" it might have been you.... but alas you have proven me wrong.
YOU DO HAVE A SPINE!!!
(joking smile)

Sorry if my comments offended you, but thakns for sticking your head on the chopping block.. that speaks volumes.

my comments were due to
I get this ALOT... some guy doesnt agree with what I say so, they get a gang of their buddies to come "prove me wrong".

I HOPE you can prove me wrong, even if it takes Mr Wilsons help.

I dont wish bad luck on ANYONE
but I have seen this happened atleast 10 times.

Some budding engine builder takes a mod motor apart...and when they put it back together.. it BREAKS.

One of my racing buddies..PAID a shop to break his mod motor THREE TIMES, before it ever moved under it's own power
3 years later that car STILL has cam timing issues.

The guy had a 160HP 2V mod motor 2000 grand Marquis
Asked me what he should do

I said..."drop a mark 8 motor in there".

his shadetree mechanic buddy told him
"just put heads and cams in it"...and he went that route instead.

the car went from 14.80's to 15.30's with a heads and cam swap...which cost him over 6K due to the shop breaking ALOT of his parts and standing behind NONE OF IT.

I truely HOPE you do better...honestly I do.

but the fact of the matter is.. everything I say was true..except the spineless part.

with that said.. NO DOUBT you can FIND someone that says I'm wrong.
but it's up to YOU, to build a mod motor and prove me wrong, as I said.. I really hope I'm wrong in your case...

and..again.. I'm sorry if I offended you.

If Mr.Wilson is gonna help you, then LISTEN to him.
dont pick and choose what you "want to hear" implement what he says TO THE "T".

Then.. for damned sure come back here and post XLRVIII was WRONG!
..I can take it.. no worries

Damn you tommy! I was waiting for the "dick breath" comment for when KK posted again!

Stole my thunder :D

haha
I have more rain for your parade..but that's another topic all together.
lol

Wow... you apologized like thirty times in that last post... WTF Tommy???

And we need to talk one of these days about my SVO... Brandon said you think you know as much about them as you do about a Mod motor... which looks like nothing!!!! LOL :D

Rain rain go away... right to tommy's house!

Just an FYI...

I was watching CNN the other day and there was a special medical report...

Turns out that the people on this board are in danger!!!

Cause Dick Riding DOES cause Cancer...

KK needs to get checked out as well as a few other choice members :D

Continue the Verbal Barrage!!!!

OMG....I hope Tiffany didnt see this :eek:

And we need to talk one of these days about my SVO... Brandon said you think you know as much about them as you do about a Mod motor... which looks like nothing!!!! LOL !

Well I know ALOT more about the SVO than I do the mod motor.
I pushed the proverbial envelope with my little SVO....(1.87HP per Cubic inch)

but if you think I can help you, you need to consider that my "patience for stupidity is even LESS when it comes to SVO's"

there are certian things you can and cant do
there are certain things you MUST do at specific power levels.

I was unwilling to do certian things to my SVO because i was a "purist" and that was my downfall.

If you are unwilling to put a C-4 or a 4r70W in that car, you'd be wasting both yours and my time to discuss it further.

at HP levels 250RWHP and above a manual simply isn't up to the task.
now dont go I wannna put a tremec 3550 or someother ubertrans in there, because THAT isn't the issue, it's not the crappy t5 that is the problem

the problem IS.. the 10 inch clutch..multidisks and other solutions are just bandaids

put a 4R70W or C-4 in it, do it once, do it right

I replace 1 trans and 2 clutches every year I owned that car...

I OH so wish I would have been smart enough at the time to toss a built C-4 in there.

Is there a rule of thumb to convert those older ratings to the newer ratings?

yea it's flywheel HP on an engine dyno with NO accessories

easily 50 HP higher than actual "delivered HP" after all parasitic losses are considered, which is how the "new ratings" are done.

So a 365 motor is probably 315issh...which IS NOT A SLOUCH by any means

I thought it had a nice ring to it as well.

NOW.. go save the world.. one post at a time.

P.S. there are ALOT of noobs that could use your expertise with the baby food spoon.
YOUR HIRED!!!
(hands the baby food spoon to Mr Hero Wilson)

FROGMAN, our Noob problems are SOLVED, Our hero here Mr Wilson is gonna take over on the "welcoming wagon/flogging station".

Got any spare gerber?

Got any spare gerber?

It's on isle # 9 at krogers, your gonna wanna stock up on Gerbers Yogert so it doesnt upset their delicate digestive system..

and for the love of GAWD dont get strained peas.. it makes their diapers look like something from the Exorcist.

may the force be with you

I completely agree with you about the tranny issue BUT for what Ia m building my SVO for I am going with my TKO 600 and I'll be happy...

When you pushed the envelope that was a little while ago and ALOT has happened in the Lima arena... Even I am a little out of it ;)

But just a taste...

AL Head
Built Block
Holset Hybrid
4in DP
Custom intake
Custom Intercooler
Custom Tubular manifold
FAST Mgmt
and so on and so forth....

I want to row gears and if I have to use a band aid then so be it :D

Im sure you will ahve something to say but maybe we should go to PM's as not to hyjack this poor thread

the problem IS.. the 10 inch clutch..multidisks and other solutions are just bandaids

Can't do a multi-pattern flywheel and put a bigger clutch on it? Ihonestly don't know much about the SVO's, but this sounds like a solution.

Hey if anyone wants tips on the SVO I am willing to help as well, I rebuilt the motor in mine that I had about two years ago. I know it quite well.

well your post here means you weren't as spineless as I had perceived.
I read the other thread and "thought" it might have been you.... but alas you have proven me wrong.
YOU DO HAVE A SPINE!!!
(joking smile)

Sorry if my comments offended you, but thakns for sticking your head on the chopping block.. that speaks volumes.

my comments were due to
I get this ALOT... some guy doesnt agree with what I say so, they get a gang of their buddies to come "prove me wrong".

I HOPE you can prove me wrong, even if it takes Mr Wilsons help.

I dont wish bad luck on ANYONE
but I have seen this happened atleast 10 times.

Some budding engine builder takes a mod motor apart...and when they put it back together.. it BREAKS.

One of my racing buddies..PAID a shop to break his mod motor THREE TIMES, before it ever moved under it's own power
3 years later that car STILL has cam timing issues.

The guy had a 160HP 2V mod motor 2000 grand Marquis
Asked me what he should do

I said..."drop a mark 8 motor in there".

his shadetree mechanic buddy told him
"just put heads and cams in it"...and he went that route instead.

the car went from 14.80's to 15.30's with a heads and cam swap...which cost him over 6K due to the shop breaking ALOT of his parts and standing behind NONE OF IT.

I truely HOPE you do better...honestly I do.

but the fact of the matter is.. everything I say was true..except the spineless part.

with that said.. NO DOUBT you can FIND someone that says I'm wrong.
but it's up to YOU, to build a mod motor and prove me wrong, as I said.. I really hope I'm wrong in your case...

and..again.. I'm sorry if I offended you.

If Mr.Wilson is gonna help you, then LISTEN to him.
dont pick and choose what you "want to hear" implement what he says TO THE "T".

Then.. for damned sure come back here and post XLRVIII was WRONG!
..I can take it.. no worries

Hopefully I will be proving you wrong and not the other way around, boy would I hate to waste all that money just to have my engine thrown overboard as a boat anchor.

Hopefully I will be proving you wrong and not the other way around, boy would I hate to waste all that money just to have my engine thrown overboard as a boat anchor.

honestly I hope you do succeed..

Members online

No members online now.
Back