Good article if you're concerned about Lincoln.

Wow, some people really seem upset about how I feel about front wheel drives, not that it matters on either my opinion, how I express it or where I express it. However, as I am a courteous person I don't go to where the Maytag boards to tell the appliance riders why their cars are wrong, nor will I sit back and say nothing when one comes around to brag about owning an embarassment. If some people find that to be offensive, the ignore feature on this board works great.

Lincoln MKT Press Car Gets Wheels Jacked in Detroit

MKT-3-1024x682.jpg

Anymore of that kool aid?
popcorn.gif

If I remember correctly, the stock rim and tire size on those things are rather large. So the giant wheel wells aren't helping, but yeah, the look stupendously tiny.

just goes to show you that a MKT isn't worth jack on the streets.

I don't know what the driver/writer was thinking, the sign and siding from the hotel just got got the night before...

..."Welcome to Detroit!"

problem solved.

seriously though, Detroit is not that bad. in fact, anytime something gets stolen from your driveway, its a pretty safe bet that one of your neighbors knows where they can hook you up with exactly what you need. :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkiWDC6FBG8

I drove by a lincoln dealer yesterday in the Chicago land area and all they had were '13 mks' and mkt's chillen out in front. IMO they look even worse with the refreshed grille's they put on them now. I can understand why they are sitting there.

The new mkz is easier on the eyes but still not something that gets me excited when I see one on the road.

Also I don't mind the mk- naming nonsense. But the generation of people that are buying new Lincoln's really have a hard time following it. I sold my Mitsubishi last week and when I was meeting the people who bough it (late 50's) I asked them what type of car they had. Ironically it was a lincoln but they told me it was an mkx and when I showed up it was an mks. I've also met someone before who said they had an mkz and it also was an mks.

its all about the brand name, they want you to tell people you own a Lincoln.

When people ask me what kinda car I own I say a Lincoln, even though the Hyundai is brand new I never mention it :) I'm partially embarrassed even though Hyundai is stepping it up lately...

At the moment there just isn't much of anything out there. The Caddy RWDs are too small, the Mercs are too expensive for a larger car and too small in the affordable range. Not a fan of the Bavarians. I had high hopes for the new SS, but then Chevy released what they were doing: max options only, 44 grand, and you don't even get the VVT or DOD so you have to pay a gas guzzler tax. .

Don't forget Jaguar :)

I just saw a commercial for the new jaguar convertible coupe... omg... I had to take a cold shower after!

lol
The F type? One of the best sports cars out of Coventry. I will share my experience.

Even though i already got the XF, I went to Jaguar Alive Driving and got to drive the new F type V6S (380Hp), V8S (495hp) back to back on the road course. Also, drove the XKR/XFR on the road course and tested the new AWD XJ as well.

Both the XJ and XKR performed very well; very impressed.

The F type.....
The most fun i have ever had in a car and never been in anything engineered so well.

First drove the V6S around the course and jumped into the V8S right after.

The acceleration in the V6S was close to the 510hp XKR's. The car felt very balanced. The steering is extremely sharp in the car - mentally place the car where you want it and the tires will shadow it with perfection. The interior felt cossetting. The exhaust note was very pleasing. Not loud at idle or under easy throttle, but under hard acceleration sounds like an F1 car.

The V8S is just a monster. I am used to fast cars, but from a stop, under full throttle, the first 2 seconds give a blurry vision. I felt as if i left my body and came back right into it.....what a machine.

I had harder time keeping the car straight around the corners, therefore if i was timed, i would have better lap times in the V6S as the power in it can actually be used.

Overall, an indelible experience. I even got to see the XKRS-GT at the event, the only one in the country at the moment.

Unreal... that's my next car... The F type. I'm jealous you got to drive it and it actually gave me the chills reading your story (no homo)

All the current jags are some of the most beautifully designed cars on the road today imo. I saw a dark red XJL the other day with really dark windows and I followed it around for 10 minutes.

Absolutely beautiful.

It was so bad when I was watching the F type commercial that my girl was in the middle or telling me a story (not like men pay attention) but I had no idea she was even speaking by the time the commercial ended... I was blown away!

Thankfully, I have a girl that would also not listen to me if I was telling a story during a jag comercial.

She was like "did you hear what I said?" I said "did you see that car?!?!" hahahhaaa

Unreal... that's my next car... The F type. I'm jealous you got to drive it and it actually gave me the chills reading your story (no homo)

lol No problem, it's all good.

It's an amazing car, just wait another 2 years, the price will drop and you can pick one up.

The good news is, there will be one more event held in Philadelphia, PA June 28 - June 30, 2013. Just register and if you get an email, that means you good to go. http://www.jaguarusa.com/drive-experience/overview/

All the current jags are some of the most beautifully designed cars on the road today imo. I saw a dark red XJL the other day with really dark windows and I followed it around for 10 minutes.

Absolutely beautiful.

They truly do have a nice road presence.

correct, while he does have the right to say what he wants where he want, its got to be expected to not be received well (and quite badly by a few) for talking about any different car than the sub section that you are in. thats just the nature of the beast, none of the people that are so focused on their car being the best is ever going to respect anything said from a person who believes the opposite is true.

could you imagine the verbal beating i would get if I would go and talk about how sweet my LS was anywhere on the mark side?

This is not an LS subsection, it's a general discussion about a general article focused on the direction Lincoln is going. I chose to use a new Lincoln product I own to enhance this discussion feeling rather strongly that using a new Lincoln rather than an very old product, the LS, as a discussion point is relevant. Perhaps more than the old LS model.

If that bugs an LS owner you can ignore me or rant.

If anyone feels me poking good natured fun at anyone "racing" a luxury coupe with a small V8 is somehow very rude in a forum populated by mostly men who should be able to give and take (as I did when someone called my MKT a "washing machine" much earlier) then perhaps you should learn to man up or put me on ignore also.

Personally, as far as I'm concerned, if you don't like the MKT you can vote with your pocketbook. I did and so I put up and don't have to shut up.

I was talking to my father on the phone yesterday and he was rambling on and on and on about how excited he was the Lincoln Town Car will return to it's normal form, I dunno how true it is or isn't... as I haven't researched it but still it's hilarious how upset he is by the new "minivan" look. LOL

Tell him Lincoln didn't like a minivan look either and decided to go with a modern version of the 39 Zepher sedan look.

thCA38V0C9.jpg

thCA38V0C9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back