Glitch ballast

ONLYTONY

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just replaced a ballast, and I got one from neon ballast steve. The old one was also a Glitch, and I wondered what was inside of it. Of course it's encased in hard plastic. I figured 2 ballast in one package. There's a lot of electronic stuff in them. Now I know why they cost what they do, and it's a good deal, for what you get. Had to JB weld some attachment bolts back on, and now just to install it. Glitch open-2.jpgGlitch ready.jpgGlitch open.jpg

Glitch open.jpg

Glitch open-2.jpg

Glitch ready.jpg

My problem with my neon was only parking lights would work. The guy I got the car from had changed the ballast, so I never checked it out. Bench tested ok, but installed same thing. Neon Steve told me that sometimes you have to switch the 2 wires. I did and works as it should. 2 glitch ballast, 1 older, 1 new, both with different color wires, and didn't match what the car has. In the car one wire is larger, it's for the brake light. It works as it should

Tony, Did you notice that your trunk lid opens way faster than it did before you got rid of your old ballast? I've heard that even that small weight difference is enough to pop up the trunk lid. Buckwheat :)

When I got the car it had a glitch ballast in it, so the trunk opens as it did, not to go flying but almost all the way. I'm going to get some stick on weights from the tire store. Just a few should do

The orginal ballast weighed 1/2 lb, so I figured 5-6 oz should do, added to weight of new ballast = 8-9 oz. My trunk lid opens a little more than 1/2 way, and doesn't fly all the way up. Another round to it job

Members online

Back