Glitch Ballast

Travisg32v

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I assume his wife is still making these from what i understand, does anyone know how to contact glitch's wife or how much the ballast will cost? im trying to weigh out a few options and see which way to go when purchasing the ballast, and also on a COMPLETLEY unrelated note does anyone know if a billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator will fit under a stock gen 2 hood? thanks.

also on a COMPLETLEY unrelated note does anyone know if a billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator will fit under a stock gen 2 hood? thanks.

why do you think you need such a thing? if you up the pressure, the computer just shortens the pulse width on the injectors.

I know , the computer compensates for increased fuel pressure, my reasoning for doing this is upgrading to the walbro 255 ( which i will be doing soon, and i also know that the stock fpr is fine to use with that pump) i just want to replace mine, mine has 140000 miles on it, i know the way to test it is to remove the vaccuum hose and see if any fuel drips out or something to that effect, i would just like to upgrade, i have a Mountain full of mods ive been collecting and when im running a tune with full bolt ons it should be a useful tuning device, although i do know stock, as i am now it will not increase pressure or performance, it would just be a nice upgrade for the time being in my opinion. Please let me know if im incorrect though, do you have any info on the glitch ballast also ? thanks for everything chris 2523, especially with the help on the 8.8 solid axle track lock issue i pm'd you about, was a big help

ummm ok what does a glitch ballast have to do with a walbro 255....but ok...ive owned 3 glitch ballasts and they are the best **** ever.

Uhm well if you READ i said it was completley unrelated and the only reason i was even mentioning the 255 pump is because i was also asking AT THE SAME TIME about the ballast about a AFPR since my stocker is most likely going out anyways, i was just wondering if anyone knew how to contact Glitch's wife so i could make my neon work... im sure they work great thouh,. ive heard nothing but good things

travis the way that i order mines is by going on markviii.org then click on home page and then technical help....scroll down to gen 2 neon problems click on there and scroll again to the bottom and you'll see an order now button. if you need a walbro pump i have a new one for sale.....let me know.

Thanks for your help Phantom VIII i appreciate it, and oh i might be interested in pump, if you dont mind i would appreciate it if you sent me a pm about it and maybe we could work something out. Thanks again.

Phantom VIII i just placed the order, it says it can take 14 days to ship, how long did it take to get yours?

Why is this? i always thought the SVT focus Green top pump and the walbro 255 were the best choices for a mild to heavy bolt on gen 2, i tried researching this as much as possible before making this post, but i gotta get things moving on the car

Focus pump for Gen 2 (maybe 96 too, but can't remember). Walbro for the earlier Mark VIII's. A gen 2 will burn up the Walbro pump prematurely. I don't remember all of the specifics, but I'm sure someone else can pipe up about it.

travis yes thats more or less how long it took to get to me.....and about the walbro fuel pump...i had a walbro pump installed for about a year and it worked great...then one day it burnt up so i ended up going with stock bosch regulator and fuel pump. Im not sure why they burn up but they do. I guess its something to do with the Gen II's computer. My suggestion go with a stock pump or get the SVT focus regulator and pump which is supposed to be a walbro unit.

Just want to put it out there that I bought a glitch ballast early last year and it failed within one years time.
Followed his install instructions to the T. With no warranty $100 is a tough buy again for me.
To be honest it looks like this is just a standard chinese-made unit being resold. Anyone ever dig up the specs on these replacements?

Interesting, so as for the fuel pump/ regulator parto f my question i am gonna DEFINITLEY go with the SVT focus pump, but couldnt i just use the stock Mark viii regulator if thats the case, or would i have to use the SVT focus regulator as well as previously mentioned? idk how much they go for put stock fpr for marks are pretty cheap on rock Auto and i would prefer to do that if its possible. And wow, a Glitch ballast failed in a year? first ive ever heard of that happening but that SUCKS dude. im gonna drill my neon taillight to remove moisture, install the glitch ballast, and hope for the best, once i get all these parts installed i need to do a mini build threar lol

if you guys want to see another Ballast alternative i found a guy on E-bay thats making a GREAT looking replacement, has free shipping like the glitch ballast, and im pretty sure this ballast even has a warranty also, it has a metal body vs. the plastic molded original style, they are 200$ (195 approximatley i believe) just go on ebay and type in mark viii ballast and it always comes up. just throwing that out there

why do you think you need such a thing? if you up the pressure, the computer just shortens the pulse width on the injectors.

What's this nonsense about the computer adjusting the injector pulse width if the fuel pressure changes? It does no such thing, as there isn't a fuel pressure sensor on any stock Mark VIII engine.

Interesting, so as for the fuel pump/ regulator parto f my question i am gonna DEFINITLEY go with the SVT focus pump, but couldnt i just use the stock Mark viii regulator if thats the case, or would i have to use the SVT focus regulator as well as previously mentioned? idk how much they go for put stock fpr for marks are pretty cheap on rock Auto and i would prefer to do that if its possible. And wow, a Glitch ballast failed in a year? first ive ever heard of that happening but that SUCKS dude. im gonna drill my neon taillight to remove moisture, install the glitch ballast, and hope for the best, once i get all these parts installed i need to do a mini build threar lol

I run a green top Focus pump with the OEM regulator, works fine.

Oh yeah, I also have a Glitch ballast in my car, and have installed them for others. It's the best solution.

What's this nonsense about the computer adjusting the injector pulse width if the fuel pressure changes? It does no such thing, as there isn't a fuel pressure sensor on any stock Mark VIII engine.

will a higher pressure not richen up the fuel mixture?
won't the O2s see this and promote the computer to adjust the fuel mixture accordingly?

if you guys want to see another Ballast alternative i found a guy on E-bay thats making a GREAT looking replacement, has free shipping like the glitch ballast, and im pretty sure this ballast even has a warranty also, it has a metal body vs. the plastic molded original style, they are 200$ (195 approximatley i believe) just go on ebay and type in mark viii ballast and it always comes up. just throwing that out there

Thanks for posting this!
Think I will roll with this guys ballast next time.
Certainly looks a lot higher quality than the one I got from Glitch.
The one year warranty is also pretty sweet.

no problem buddy, i find all kinds of stuff on e-bay i think other members would find interesting, im still waiting for someone to try those Vision- "autobahn" wheels, theyre just like Cobra R's but slightly different looking spokes, have a direct fit for mark viii's 5x4.25 with 40mm Offset, direct bolt on wheels for 350 a set brand new with free shipping sounds like a deal to me, i cant wait till someone actually trys this

DLF- ive been wanting to talk to you about so many rear suspension ideas for awhile now man, your delrin bushings look awesome, do you have any before and after of your 60 foot times after you installed your bushings? im definitley interested in upgrading soon. And thanks for your post on my fuel pump/ regulator and ballast dilema, your input is appreciated. Are you still the fastest N/A gen 2 guy?

will a higher pressure not richen up the fuel mixture?
won't the O2s see this and promote the computer to adjust the fuel mixture accordingly?

I suppose that adaptive learning would adjust the A/F ratio, but only during closed loop (cruising), and then only within a certain range (+- 25%). It should then be able to apply those corrections during open loop (WOT). Sorry, but I misunderstood what you wrote.

Members online

No members online now.
Back