getting rid of it..

If you are comparing the ls to a human. It would have to be a way below average human. I have 103,000 miles on mine now. I purchased it at 59000 miles. Maybe there are some good ones out there but I didn't get one. My car has had almost every problem that I have found on the internet for the LS. Valve cover gaskets, leaking sunroof, bad window regulator, coil packs, transmission issues, overheating, abs and traction control issues. Once I get the transmission fixed again the car is gone. These cars are pretty and drive nice when running right. But I would have to rate it as a "turd".

"These cars are pretty and drive nice when running right. But I would have to rate it as a "turd"."

And there-in lies the problem, the fact may be that this particular 103K car may have been as you call it a "turd" but what kind of ownership did it have for the first 60K (a significant period of time), and from here on out will you give that epitaph to the entire LS population? Unfortunately the majority of people would give Domestic cars that title or at least all of that brand as a result of one cars history......when in fact there are significant differences not only from one manufacturing day of the week on one assembly line to a whole different line of cars. The LS is light years different than a Crown Vic, a Euro RS Focus compared to a US Focus SVT (made in a third world country though), a Contour SVT compared to a Mondeo ST200, these are all significantly different cars and not even a fair comparison. Yet some would condemn a brand and compare a Taurus to a Focus to an F150 to a Lincoln LS and say the brand is all the same......

I'm trying to imagine what it would take to make me own a GM clonemobile. Gun to the head, body parts in a vice, no more Mountain Dew for life......

The reason I dove out of owning SAAB's was when they became GM puppets.......sad that.

Like a bunch of us have said before, you bought a used car. Especially at 59k miles, did you really expect to have a flawless car? Did you have a professional mechaninc look it over before you bought it? Did you read up on your car before you bought it to check for common flaws? Did you expect the flaws to happen and have them checked out before it cost you more money later?

You can go buy any domestic car USED and you will have alot of problems, you must have known you bought a LINCOLN. They are significantly more expensive to repair than most other USED cars. Don't dog on the car because you didn't do your research, there are plenty of happy LS owners here that did their research, fixed their problems, and have stuck with their purchase. Next time you buy used, do some research and don't just run to any dealer and pick up a car you think looks good and drives good, because theres much more to look for.

I too am getting tired of this......I have an 02 LS V8 Sport and I have replaced many items on the car. all were done under warranty but that is now over, even the extended warranty. I now need another coil (59,800 mi) and fortunately for me I have become freinds with my Lincoln mech. He now does the repairs at cost plus a little for himself......he knows I love the car but he also knows it is a problem vehicle. Was just informed about the VC gaskets and he also pointed out the suspension, which he says is a Jag item and all the bushings and joints will need to be replaced(very, very expensive). He actually showed me what they are looking like. Not pretty and I do take excellent care of my cars. BTW he told me Ford just lowered the cost on the coils....now $44 I believe, but nothing is showing up on the computer and he will have to manually load test each one to see whats up. The car will be held up for a day..........Drag!!! I just started to look at a new vehicle, 5years,,, it is probably time anyway! I am even looking at the new Lincoln products but I am Shaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkin in my boots. :eek:

You know the your not supposed to buy the first run of a new car. I'd let the new Lincolns sell for a year or so to see how they hold up. I just started a new thread, asking where everyone bought there LS. I think alot of the "turd" cars just werent bought correctly.

Fla02LS said:
You know the your not supposed to buy the first run of a new car. I'd let the new Lincolns sell for a year or so to see how they hold up. I just started a new thread, asking where everyone bought there LS. I think alot of the "turd" cars just werent bought correctly.

Or taken care of correctly ;)

Reliability for any particular car is basically a crapshoot. You can look at historical trends for a particular model, manufacturere, etc., but how that trend will apply to YOUR car is an open question. Except for some minor trim issues, my 03 LS was completely trouble-free mechanically. Ditto with my 06.

Lots of people here buy USED LSes with lots of miles (50K+, why anyone buys a car with over 50K miles is a mystery to me). One big factor in reliability is how that car was taken care of before you got it. If it was owned by some slob who didn't change the oil, or a bonehead who bumped into curbs, etc., guaranteed you'll have problems. But, that's the chance you take as a tradeoff for saving money in buying a used car.

Everytime I read these stories I jus thank god mine hasn't crapped out. I bought my LS about a year ago. (2000, 60,000 miles when purchased) I've put on about 10,000 miles and havent had to fix anything except a broken tie rod ($220.00 parts and labor/allignment) I have a feeling I may have a bad coil, but other then that the car is great. However I did research before I bought my car. It was owned by an older couple who had the oil changed religously, and it had never been in an accident. It test drove thoroughly, and is now my pride and joy. Great car... I guess I'm just lucky? ... knock on wood. And to R-Bones...let me kno when you make it big time buddy...keep burnin that haze with your $6.99 CD.

Fla02LS said:

true, the market i was in for the ls was 10-12 grand, but i almost went for a 2001 wtih 148,000 v8 for $6,000 but i thought maybe lower miles less problems. needless to say i thought wrong. i wonder if i bout the other one would the problems be worked out and repaired. might have been a better economical decision. i still don't care about the money it'd just be nice to spend it on a tv than repairs

Me i find this sh*t funny as hell first off lets go back a few pages with this gayy little rapperr b*tch go buy ur euros my second car was a BMW and trust me they dont have to many problems but once u run into a problem parts are likee 5x the price then american cars. i mean im only 18 and have been driving for a little over a year now and i am on my 8th car and the LS i should be geting in a few weeks will be my 9th and yes my parents boguht all my cars before this and well they bought this LS for my brother about three years ago but he crashed it and never felt like fixing it...my parents will be helping me a little but for the most part i am coughing up the cash to fix the doors from the accident and the clutch and struts...the car has over 100K miles on it and those have been the only problem with it so far...before my brother it was owned by one other owner who was in his 50s and took great care of the car and my brother did to it has high milage and i am taking a risk of fixing it but its pretty much a free car for me as long as i fix it soo i dont want to turn down that deal haha i am hoping i dont run into some of these problems but f*ck it welcome to the real world i know i probably will have some problems its a damn car all cars do...look at lambos i know plenty of people in NY that have them and u know wut the cars r over 200g and the engines catch on fire its sh*tt u have to deal withh get over it go rid a f*ckin bike if u dont want problems and even bikes ur chain pops off and u gotta get on ur knees and fix them nothing is gunna run forever without problems

lol 9 cars in one year? I'd suggest something along the lines of a Ford Tempo GL, I hear they last pretty long lol.

9 cars in a year? Damn. I don't think I went through 9 BIKES as a kid - and I beat the snot out of those, too.

NYC LSC said:
9 cars in a year? Damn. I don't think I went through 9 BIKES as a kid - and I beat the snot out of those, too.

agreed. ahaha

HAHA o0o all the cars worked finee i just got bored of them or my dad decided 2 sell them hahaha i had a galant and got a speeding ticket and i ended up goin to NY for about 2 weeks and when i came home there was an expedition in the driveway cause my dad figured a truck i wouldnt speed as bad HAHAHA but yeah im planning on keeping the LS for about a year or two

Members online

Back