Genos' MAF

Cubster

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have something to add regarding the thread I put up concerning Genos's MAF that he installed, the other night I was coming home from Boston, it was late and virtually no traffic so i decided to get into it a little bit @ 70 I hit the gas (oh I shut off the od) she took off as I expected, what I didn't expect was @ 100 she took another breath and took off again, now I'm not scared to go fast (as Geno can tell you ) but this burst of power at that speed did scare me, I had no idea that the MAF could make such a difference. Now Geno, when am I going to get the "cold box" and chip??????? P.S. I called Max @ 5 Star & ordered the parts for the J Mod, I also bought 13" drilled & slotted rotors, 2 piston aluminum calipers & a set of pads( I hate to tell you how much the pads were you'll think I'm nuts) I'm having the rotors & calipers powder coated chrome, should be a nice touch. I got the brake package at, discbrakesrus.com. very nice people and very helpful, I recommend them !!!

seanklsc said:
Cubby where did you buy the brakes? 13" is expensive right?

If I'm not mistaken you'll find the site @ the end of my thread.

seanklsc said:
Cubby where did you buy the brakes? 13" is expensive right?

Let me know if you need some big brakes ... discbrakerus are seriously overpriced.

I'm working on a kit with my buddy. 13" crossdrilled/slotted US made rotors drilled to 4.25 lincoln pattern with loaded cobra calipers (black or red), new banjo bolts and crush washers around $450-$500. DBRS have some crappy amico rotors built in china in their kits. All you will need is 17" wheels.

ModPWR said:
Let me know if you need some big brakes ... discbrakerus are seriously overpriced.

Already bought & paid for, the rotors & calipers are being powder coated, chrome. I shopped around and these were the best that I found, I'm not just talking price I'm talking a quality product, I have a saying that I have lived by for the better part of 40 years " the quality lasts long after the price is forgotten " I've never regretted any purchase I've ever made, especially when my life has depended upon it, like good brakes.

ModPWR said:
I'm working on a kit with my buddy. 13" crossdrilled/slotted US made rotors drilled to 4.25 lincoln pattern with loaded cobra calipers (black or red), new banjo bolts and crush washers around $450-$500. DBRS have some crappy amico rotors built in china in their kits. All you will need is 17" wheels.

Let me know jeremi. If I can get it timed right, I'll buy one for both cars.

94m5 said:
Let me know jeremi. If I can get it timed right, I'll buy one for both cars.

LOL, at the risk of being reprimanded for the second time by " Joey " are you PHUCKING NUTS, your going to spend big bucks for 13" rotors , aluminun two pistoned calipers ( by the way the rotor & calipers r being powder coated in chrome ) a set of pads that retail for 120.00, and your going to do this for " both cars " my suggestion to you mister is PUT THAT CRACK PIPE AWAY AND GET BACK TO REALITY !!!!!!!! You know your talking BS !!!!!!

Cubster said:
LOL, at the risk of being reprimanded for the second time by " Joey " are you PHUCKING NUTS, your going to spend big bucks for 13" rotors , aluminun two pistoned calipers ( by the way the rotor & calipers r being powder coated in chrome ) a set of pads that retail for 120.00, and your going to do this for " both cars " my suggestion to you mister is PUT THAT CRACK PIPE AWAY AND GET BACK TO REALITY !!!!!!!! You know your talking BS !!!!!!

Wow.........I just went searching back through some threads and look what I find. WTF is/was your problem? I did'nt say I was gonna buy them both at the same time. BUT if you want to get down to it, I just dropped another wad of cash on em recently.

Paint and supplies for the 95.....$1,200
New T-56 for the 94 $2,500
All of the MISC stuff needed to convert the clutch system AGAIN $750
and I'm getting ready to take the 94 over the C-Ville to have the exaust done. 2.5"Mandrel/Kooks headers. Hav'nt figured what thats gonna be yet.

I'm not crazy, I don't smoke crack, nor do I BS. When Jeremi posted that, I was genuinly (sp) interested in it. And still am for that matter. If you look at Jeremi's post, youll see he estimated they would be around 500 for the set. I feel that 1,000 bucks for bigger QUALITY brakes for both cars is a good investment in saftey.

Eh, I'll stop my rant now....This :q:q:q:q just Irks me a bit.

Mike

Im sure he means powder coated chrome as in a chrome color, you know a silver color with some luster

Members online

Back