Well I have only owned the car 4 months, but I did get a set of tires and an alignment done. Not really repairs. I am being told me cooling system is going to need a rebuild. But b4 I do it I need to talk a mechanic friend.
Hey Rob, have you done a cooling system rebuild yet?
I have not but do have a box full of hoses and parts awaiting installation. The advice given here on this forum regarding the LS cooling system is spot on. I was left stranded when the thermostat manifold split in half. And of course, the dreaded degas bottle cracked. Just like everyone here said it would. You've been warned.
* Replace as much of your PS and hydraulic fan fluid as possible with every oil change.
* Monitor and repair any of the suspension components as they start to fail.
* Change the fuel filter.
* May need to change out the timing chain tensioner in the v8. With that mileage you are due.
* Clean the throttle body.
* Whenever you disconnect any electrical plug, spray it with electrical cleaner before reassembly.
* Find and reset all your ground wires.
* Silicone the window tracks.
* Keep the car clean.
* Replace your serpentine belt and the idler and tensioner pulley.
* Use 91 octane, always.
* Check and replace the air filter.
* Check the air pressure in the spare.
* Basically get ahead of things before they leave your stranded.
Is there a good way to do a check on the mechanics of your car? I would like to do some intake and exhaust mods, but I dont want to put a bunch of money into this car only to have it fall apart on me. My car has 170k mi on it. I wanna do some mods, but again dont want to make a silk purse out of a sow's ears.