Gen1 to Gen2 Pros and cons

i'm an orthopaedic surgeon. i went to college, then med school and then post graduate training for 5 years. i'm not on disability. i'm not on welfare. i bought the ls when i started residency, and i still like it. you think you know everything, when, in fact, your knowledge is limited; at best.

you are an :q:q:q:q:q:q:q.

how ignorant are you? do you know what it's like to be on disability or welfare? or are you just one of those :q:q:q:q:q:q:qs who thinks you do? the $46 we pay to fill our tank of gas is what these people stretch for a week to buy food and other necessities. have you ever worked with these people? how dare you say what you did. you should be ashamed of yourself.

you should also be be banned from this forum.

that's it.

i'm done with this jerk off :q:q:q:q:q:q:q. :q:q:q:q him

you speak of ignorance like you aren't ignorant yourself with your childish mouth and ranting and raving lol

hate to break it to you tough guy, but the LS can be had for the same price of a used neon nowadays, if you like your LS that's great, but sadly enough it's not everything this entire thread says it is... but infantile pillocks like yourself cannot see past a grand design that "OH OH MORBID HATES THE LS BAN HIM" when all I'm doing is shoving cold hard facts in your face and disregarding the fanboy way of "well I own this car and like it so everything about it has to be superior" and it makes the other owners upset... and this, in itself, shows me your maturity

also, I have employees on disability, I have to lean their check out monthly and carry over so they can still get the money as I'm that much of a nice guy... and it depends on the disability, I have one kid that works for me that gets disability, but his dad is over a certain age and collects under his name $1,100 a month doing nothing, plus he is able to make around $1,000 a month and still collect... and he's not really disabled at all... that's $24,000 a year working 3 days a week, and while $24,000 a year is less than great, the amount of work put in to get it is next to nothing... if you think 48 dollars a week is what these people make you really need to wake up and learn you some of that as well when you go to try and learn cars

so with that said, grow up Mr. Orthopedic Surgeon, you look like a enraged child with his fists all balled up yelling across the playground

so long as the PM's are flowing in from members that agree with me, (members that have been here longer, and know what they are talking about) there really is nothing much to say to ... other than "LOL"

Morb - You need to learn the art of communicating your knowledge in ways where people want to listen to you. If you consistenly find yourself warring with folks on Al Gore's greatest gift to mankind, guess who's got the problem? Knowledge without the smarts to convey it with some style = a$$hole. You'll learn that someday but probably the long, hard way.

I do that just fine, until people start reading into what I am saying, crying like women, grasping at straws and making a big deal over nothing... then I feel obliged to tell them exactly how it is the hard way... and then they blow up, ESPECIALLY after I provide the information backing my case... and from my point of view, nothing is more hilarious than a group of steadfast fanboys repeating something for four pages and then when I drop the info I had since page one on them they FLIP OUT!... It's a great thing to see IMO

any proper civilized automotive enthusiast can come in and read from start to finish and KNOW that I'm not hating on the LS... that the things I'm saying are just the way it is, the increased harshness of the way I relay these facts over the course of the thread are due to the stubbornness of the children that I'm dealing with

in fact, I'm done

you guys win, I will now side with every deal you guys are ranting about

#1 the LS will smoke a CTS-V with ease on the street
#2 the LS is very moddable, in fact there is so much aftermarket for it that the platform doesn't know what to do with itself
#3 the LS destroys the BMW 5 series... every single model in the 5 series lineup (as the people that said this never really said anything but THE ENTIRE 5 SERIES), including the M
#4 the LS is by far the best luxury sport sedan on the road today, as from the other points you can see how it triumphs over the other cars in it's class... it's a force to be reckoned with and is a one of a kind masterpiece (completely overlooking the fact that it's a Jaguar S type)
#5 the LS is FAST, because fast is all relative... and if I say it's fast then it must be fast no matter who I'm talking to because I need to bend the theater of relativity to what I want it to be

I could go on... but you get the idea

also, if you actually think I hate the LS... I invite you to reveiw these threads

http://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/516521-350z-highway-run.html

notice how I defend the LS from people that will call it dog slow... but in this case I will slander it if someone is going to call it fast

go ahead and read through that thread and consciously say I am just here to hate on the LS... when people spew BS about the LS in talking it down I ALSO tell themn how it is the same way...

I beat a GXP (which is faster than the GTP version) by 2 car lengths on a 0-100 sprint from a stop light. (he obviously had T/C still on and got a bad start)
I've beat a 2001ish BMW 540i by the same amount up to 120MPH from a stop
conquered a G35 by 1 1/2 car lengths on a highway run
downed a 2004 4.2L A6 quattro by 2 lengths on the highway as well

havn't ran into a GTP yet with the lincoln, only in my stock GTO, and I walked it about 4 car lengths... claimed to be cammed, pullied, full bolt on's and the works.

also think about this... we are comparing an all motor 3.9L to a supercharged 3.8L... and I've already walked on the faster 5.3L of the same type of automobile.

what people fail to understand is the lincoln LS is accomplishing alot with what it is given and I have about 200% more luxury and comfort than some of the cars I am beating... more curb weight and less cubic inches as well

face it, for a 3.9L luxury sedan this thing holds it's own... it's basically a modern V8 E36 M3 with more luxury and it's better to look at... I'm awfully sorry it wasn't designed to hang with completely worked LS1 drag cars, corvettes and vipers... but then again this is S&S and I wouldn't expect the masses that inhabit it to understand logical comparisons for performance

as you can see I have the same attitude most of you do on the whole "holds it's own for what it is" deal... but alas, IT IS NOT FAST, and it's hardly modifiable while the others in it's class ARE.. and when people want to argue with me about how great the LS is I will knock them down to size... the same way I will do the same to someone that wants to spew crap about the LS... and that's how it is, and as the years roll on it will become more and more obsolete, and neither the select few that run their mouths in this thread to praise the LS and the select few that run their mouths in the other thread to pick apart the LS are right... and both sides of the spectrum sound like idiots

proper civilized automotive enthusiast

LOL, do you consider yourself one of these Morbid? I could see the automotive enthusiast part because you do seem to know your way around a car.

But proper and civilized? Considering that EVERYTHING you have posted, while informative, was insulting and condescending towards everyone that disagreed with you, I think you fall extremely short in these criteria.

Telling everyone to grow up and all the other cliche, e-hero insults you're throwing out with your information seems all too... Hypocritical. You're way too comfortable with the anonymity of the internet, I highly doubt you talk to people face to face in such a condescending manner.

Thanks for the great read forum troll, you're a credit to forum boards everywhere!

To the OP (if you're still following the thread): Sorry your thread got high-jacked man, at least it was an entertaining read!

I highly doubt you talk to people face to face in such a condescending manner.

Thanks for the great read forum troll, you're a credit to forum boards everywhere!

you would doubt wrong, I call out stupidity just as easily in person...

and actually I "AM" a credit to some automotive forum boards in the fact I moderate them...

It's one thing to tell someone to grow up for the hell of it... it's another to tell them to grow up because you just proved them wrong and they feel the need to whine about it

BTW, I have never considered myself proper or civilized... I'm the suave loose cannon with a hell of a mouth pissing off the masses one fanboy at a time

If you have the money why not?

Now I love my Gen 1 but newer is usually better

i read my posts and i was unreasonable. i take back personal insults; i have an anger management problem. it's not an excuse. i'm sorry.

you bring heated debates to the forum. that's what it should be about.

again, sorry.

:)

So should I really get the Gen 2 LS?

Yes. The 500+ improvements are worth it, IMHO.

The first gen handles well and isn't ashamed to let you know it. The 2nd gen handles ever so slightly better and is very subtle about it.

Yes. The 500+ improvements are worth it, IMHO.

The first gen handles well and isn't ashamed to let you know it. The 2nd gen handles ever so slightly better and is very subtle about it.

not to mention, air conditioned seats is where its at.

i read my posts and i was unreasonable. i take back personal insults; i have an anger management problem. it's not an excuse. i'm sorry.

you bring heated debates to the forum. that's what it should be about.

again, sorry.

:)

If you were my doctor I'd make sure I'd was getting my physical on a good day with you. Because I already lost a thermometer once up my @ss.

i see. Yes, i do have those, but they don't bother me. The only concern that i have is wondering how long it would take for the lincoln branding to wear off of my forehead should the airbag deploy.

lmao! :D

Members online

Back