Gen1 to Gen2 Pros and cons

WannabeeLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking hard at getting a new ls but am curious how different the 2 gens are in comparison from what ive seen there have been significant upgrades since 03 and up but obviously the prices of 02 and down are much more appealing

There are at least a few threads about this in this forum. I won't repeat the comments there. My own opinion is gen II only. If you want to hold on to the the car for a while, then go for a 2006.

hmmm went back a few pages to look didnt see anything ive seen a few misc posts in diff threads perhaps a sticky thread to this topic is in order...thx

Why would you sticky a topic like this? If the search function doesn't satisfy you, you could always go to wikipedia and type in Lincoln LS and it tells you info about the different gens..

hmmm went back a few pages to look didnt see anything ive seen a few misc posts in diff threads perhaps a sticky thread to this topic is in order...thx

if we had a sticky for every thread that keeps getting asked over and over, we would never be able to see any new threads because all 248,161 post in every one of the 19,319 threads would be stickied

let me save you some trouble, i have owned both gens (00 & 03) every little thing that bugged me about the 00 was addressed and fixed, and the 03 is more powerful and faster, many changes have been made to the interior to make it better looking and functioning.

it not even something to consider, the 1st gens where a sweet car and a huge step forward, the 2nd gens is where they took it and found out what was bad or stupid (mostly the center console storage, and dumb ninja cup holders) and fixed it and got it right.

i would definitely buy another LS but it absolutely would have to be a 2nd gen, unless i was just buying it to strip it down, cut it up, and shoehorn in a blown terminator motor in it (hey we can all dream, right)

There are at least a few threads about this in this forum. I won't repeat the comments there. My own opinion is gen II only. If you want to hold on to the the car for a while, then go for a 2006.

+1

There are hundreds of changes made to the second gens. And I love my heated/cooled seats. Black leather+summer sun=no problem.

if we had a sticky for every thread that keeps getting asked over and over, we would never be able to see any new threads because all 248,161 post in every one of the 19,319 threads would be stickied

let me save you some trouble, i have owned both gens (00 & 03) every little thing that bugged me about the 00 was addressed and fixed, and the 03 is more powerful and faster, many changes have been made to the interior to make it better looking and functioning.

it not even something to consider, the 1st gens where a sweet car and a huge step forward, the 2nd gens is where they took it and found out what was bad or stupid (mostly the center console storage, and dumb ninja cup holders) and fixed it and got it right.

i would definitely buy another LS but it absolutely would have to be a 2nd gen, unless i was just buying it to strip it down, cut it up, and shoehorn in a blown terminator motor in it (hey we can all dream, right)

Much appreciated im looking at a red 05with about 60k for 10,888 u guys think thats ballpark for these mind you its a v6 and not an lse

one con that I will complain about in owning a gen II is the drive by wire throttle body system... feels like a groggy and sick child trying to make up it's mind compared to the old fashioned cable driven throttle body in the Gen I's

it seems I always get stuck with this though, as the LS2 GTO's compared to the LS1's have the same con... I will say a simple ECU tune will correct this and make the qacceleration feel crisper again... so I'd say it's a semi-easy fix

all that being said my bone stock gen II V8 ran 14.7 @ 97MPH on a 2.4 short time... I'd say that time and trap is more than substantial given the class, weight and engine... not to mention it looks like a 16 second barge so it's a nice little rice sweeper IMO

It not even something to consider, the 1st gens where a sweet car and a huge step forward, the 2nd gens is where they took it and found out what was bad or stupid (mostly the center console storage, and dumb ninja cup holders) and fixed it and got it right.

I would definitely buy another ls but it absolutely would have to be a 2nd gen, unless i was just buying it to strip it down, cut it up, and shoehorn in a blown terminator motor in it (hey we can all dream, right)

rofl

I hate the gen II steering wheel, that big ass white circle drives me crazy

It's actually silver and is the Lincoln logo. I agree, the simple Lincoln star in the 1st gen LSes is much classier.

I see. Yes, I do have those, but they don't bother me. The only concern that I have is wondering how long it would take for the Lincoln branding to wear off of my forehead should the airbag deploy.

They dont bother me either. I haven't paid too much attention to how the gen1 steering wheel look like though so I can't compare, but I like the gen2 steering wheel logo

It's actually silver and is the Lincoln logo. I agree, the simple Lincoln star in the 1st gen LSes is much classier.

silver thats right

I like just the logo not that circle sh!t, looks stupid

because a V8 has 32 more hp???

More like 48+. That's a lot in a vehicle the weight of the LS. I have a 2000 V6 (I know, 210hp) and 2 '06 LSes. The ~70hp power difference is very noticeable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back