gen II upper intake gaskets availability

Bangster

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
On my 97 Mark VIII I have what I think is a bad air leak (pretty loud sucking sound, and a P0174 code (and sometimes I get a P0171).

I have ordered the gaskets for between the lower intake and the IRMCs, for the IRMC to heads, but can't seem to find the gaskets for between the upper and lower intake. Are they available?

I bought an intake off a car in the junk yard (just the intake, they wanted 30 a piece for the IRMCs) so I can clean it up and just install it (and work on my old one, mainly for a little underhood bling, like polished or painted). I haven't had any luck tracking down where the leak is, it isn't the TB or IAC, but seems like it is the drivers side of the intake (which would be opposite the P0174).

The ones from my "new" intake are a little torn on the outside (but the inner sealing surface seems okay).

15135245277_d8c4dc52d6_b.jpg

15321472672_0be19229e4_b.jpg

I tried last year with all the resources at work, and still could not find those gaskets either. I ended up smearing a thin coat of right stuff on top and bottom and reused them with no problem, but would still like to find a source for them. Driver's side is bank 2, so p0174 does apply to it.

Yup, you are right, bank 2 is drivers side, I forgot about that when I starting getting a P0171 VERY infrequently (it is nearly always P0174) like when I was playing the "get as many monitors as ran and passed but not the one that will trigger the CEL" so I could pass emissions.

Dealer doesn't have them as even separate replaceable items, Vatozone, RockAuto, O'Reilly, local chains don't have them.

I will pick and choose the best set and figure that isn't the intake leak, I might pull the upper and check, much easier than pulling the entire thing (which I now have experience with, on a car up on rims much higher than sitting on the ground).

Yep, they are unobtainium. No aftermarket either. For what it's worth, part number is F7LZ-9L437-AA.

Look and make shure the brass hex head screw under the throttle body is
Installed and has. Good o ring on it
You won't see it till you pull the upper intake
Had the same deal with my 97 and re used the orig gaskets that can't be found
Any where arms all worked out well
Car passes emissions test everybyear no prob
Found the brass screw that fell out of the under side of the Tb on the upper intake
Laying between the valve cover and the imrc
For what it's worth hope this helps
I had the exact problem and codes you are describing

Members online

No members online now.
Back