GEN II Mark VIII - Multi-function Switch

Frat-man-du

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good chrome button for sale?

I don't need the whole $270 switch just the chrome button broke a tab and popped out.Turnsignals and wipers work, just the fluid button broke:(

This looks to be a 97-98 only part.

if the button broke, so will another one if someone tries to remove it for you, they dont come out once popped into the stem without breaking it. it was meant to go in one time only. why dont you look on ebay for a new switch instead of looking at $270 dollar ones at the dealer. they are on ebay all the time!

New OEM but out of box, $89 plus shipping? F7LC-13K359-CC Thats the best I think I can find for one.

unity are you sure on that price because i think i recall max even stating a price for one over 200 on here not long ago. that price sounds about right for a 93-96 M.F switch but i swear the 97-98's are well over $200. maybe i'm wrong but i would think if they are that cheap than why do people bring my used ones over $100 on ebay!!
i would think if they were 90 bucks new i'd never sell a used one.

unity are you sure on that price because i think i recall max even stating a price for one over 200 on here not long ago. that price sounds about right for a 93-96 M.F switch but i swear the 97-98's are well over $200. maybe i'm wrong but i would think if they are that cheap than why do people bring my used ones over $100 on ebay!!
i would think if they were 90 bucks new i'd never sell a used one.

Yup. Its new. I have been in PMs with Frat. He has the same info. It even has the rubber accordion connection at the end of the shaft and chrome button tip. I dont want to post any info unless he passes on it.

Jamie it is your listing I was looking at. I was just hopiung for a cheaper easier solution. How hard is it to swao these? I have pulled steering wheels w/airbags so that doesnt bother me.

oh well my switches are not new, they are used, its not hard at all to change out, unhook battery, remove air bag, pull wheel, and move clock spring making sure you do not turn the clock spring, the switch comes right off after you remove the clock spring, the switch actually sits in place and is held there by the clock spring and steering wheel.

like i said though, a brand new mf switch for 97-98 in my ford motors crash book list for $255.56 part number is F8LZ13K359AA
93-96 mf switch lists for $54.36 part number is F4SZ13K359AB

unity i put your part number into a ford part number entry and dont even come up with a known part! my part number turned up this:

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
F8LZ13K359AA $446.56 $0.00 $237.72
Steering column - Shroud switches and levers - Combo switch
Combo switch - 1997-98 1997 - 1998

and this is what i got when i searched for a 93-96 mf switch:
F4SZ13K359AB $101.76 $0.00 $54.17
Electrical - Chassis electrical - Switches - Turn signal & hazard switch
Turn signal and hazard switch, mark viii 1993 - 1996

my crash book is a few years old so the prices arent accurate but i was close when i said i knew they were over $200.

oh well my switches are not new, they are used, its not hard at all to change out, unhook battery, remove air bag, pull wheel, and move clock spring making sure you do not turn the clock spring, the switch comes right off after you remove the clock spring, the switch actually sits in place and is held there by the clock spring and steering wheel.

like i said though, a brand new mf switch for 97-98 in my ford motors crash book list for $255.56 part number is F8LZ13K359AA
93-96 mf switch lists for $54.36 part number is F4SZ13K359AB

unity i put your part number into a ford part number entry and dont even come up with a known part! my part number turned up this:

F8LZ13K359AA $446.56 $0.00 $237.72
Steering column - Shroud switches and levers - Combo switch
Combo switch - 1997-98 1997 - 1998

and this is what i got when i searched for a 93-96 mf switch:
F4SZ13K359AB $101.76 $0.00 $54.17
Electrical - Chassis electrical - Switches - Turn signal & hazard switch
Turn signal and hazard switch, mark viii 1993 - 1996

my crash book is a few years old so the prices arent accurate but i was close when i said i knew they were over $200.

He's probably talking about the one on ebay stores. Back when I had a mark 8 that needed one, I emailed these guys back and forth. These parts weren't new, just pulled from cars just like regular recycler parts. Just look at some of the other "new" parts they list. Some even have rust ;)

He's probably talking about the one on ebay stores. Back when I had a mark 8 that needed one, I emailed these guys back and forth. These parts weren't new, just pulled from cars just like regular recycler parts. Just look at some of the other "new" parts they list. Some even have rust ;)

Assuming we are talking the same eBay seller, I purchased plenty of new parts from them and they were new and cheap. Things that if used even once would have wear, like a compressor dryer, or parts that should show some sign of use, like cruise control switches and door keypads. Everything so far has been as advertised. T-Bros Auto Parts is who I purchased through.

They are take off parts or at least that's what they told me eventually. Most likely they didn't pass a quality test or something. Might be worth it if you get a good one, but it's one of those parts that is used constantly in the car, as much as your steering wheel almost ;)

Hey it's only $100 right ;)

well i think by looking at the mf switch they have listed that is used, it does not look brand new, if the part lists for over $200 dollars anywhere in the world, why would they sell a brand new in the box for under 100 dollars, in todays economy, thats a lot of money to lose. there is a reason the mf switch is that cheap, because it cannot be brand new from ford.

There is a salvage yard here by me that I planned on stopping by today to check for a passenger door handle. They have a black 97 LSC sitting there half wrecked and half stripped. I'll check to see if this part is on it still, I know the interior is complete and in decent shape as of a week ago. They quoted me $20 on the door handle if I pull it. They also quoted me $75 on the rear neon assy and ballast if I pull it.

Anyone in the Western Burbs of Illinois, this car is a North Ave. Auto Parts in Villa Park. Engine is there too....

Members online

Back