Gen II Mark ASHAM 8 Installs: Where did you mount yours?

Mark8Murder

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Post up where you installed your ASHAM 8 Module in your Gen II

*Laser had a cool idea installing it under the A/C controls and relocating the defrost button the passenger side of the panel, but I'm installing heated seats and using the panel with all the seat heater controls, so I need to find another location.

Curious to see what you guys did, I'm thinking under the center console ashtray/lighter area, but open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

I'm on springs so I dont know. I have to see your car sometime tho since were sort of close

Knee panel under the steering wheel? I forget how big it is.

If I had one, I'd probably put in where the ash tray is and re-locate the 12v socket to the inside of the console or something like that. I'd like to have one of those switches. It would be great to be able to adjust the ride height at will. I've been thinking about experimenting with something. I'm not an electrician by any stretch of the imagination, but would it not be possible to somehow wire a potentiometer into the height sensors to vary the resistance and thus vary the ride height?

I'm on springs so I dont know. I have to see your car sometime tho since were sort of close

For sure man, if your ever down this way shoot me a PM and I'll do the same if I'm ever up that way... What part of Kansas you in?

Knee panel under the steering wheel? I forget how big it is.

Got a pic?

If I had one, I'd probably put in where the ash tray is and re-locate the 12v socket to the inside of the console or something like that. I'd like to have one of those switches. It would be great to be able to adjust the ride height at will. I've been thinking about experimenting with something. I'm not an electrician by any stretch of the imagination, but would it not be possible to somehow wire a potentiometer into the height sensors to vary the resistance and thus vary the ride height?

I'm thinking the ashtray too, I've got a couple extra complete center consoles I'll experiment with.

As far as the potentiometers, I'm sure you could. May be cool adjusting the front and rear independently.

Columnnewparts022.jpg

The panel below the steering wheel on the top portion on either side?

I like the ashtray idea better but that's more work and you'd be comprimising the whole assembly. Again, I haven't seen pics of the asham in some time so I forget what kinda size were talkin' bout here.

The last time I saw it, I thought it was mounted inside the console. That's where I have my two Rays Switches mounted. Mine are mounted on the front wall of the inner console and can't be seen unless the lid is opened.I know what you have is made differently.

SwitchLocation.jpg

Columnnewparts022.jpg

The panel below the steering wheel on the top portion on either side?

I like the ashtray idea better but that's more work and you'd be comprimising the whole assembly. Again, I haven't seen pics of the asham in some time so I forget what kinda size were talkin' bout here.

Gotcha, didn't know if you had done it... I'll look at that, seems easier than an ashtray install. I'll see how tough the ashtray is first.

That's Sexy...

For whatever reason I thought you said you didn't want it in the center console. :slam

That is by far the best place.

I'm thinking the ashtray too, I've got a couple extra complete center consoles I'll experiment with.

As far as the potentiometers, I'm sure you could. May be cool adjusting the front and rear independently.

That may be my next project. I'm sure it can be done. It'll just take a little time and effort. I'm motivated now:D

Mines mounted in the center console I'll get some pics when I get home I dont have a cover for it yet but it works well in there

Here it is mind you it's not finished but once the face plate is built it will be solid in there.

6de9d6a8.jpg

5803f63c.jpg

Thanks for all the ideas and pics, I've got a couple extra center consoles to play with so I'm seeing what can be done under the cigarette/lighter door and in the center console to make it look some what factory. Pics to follow

Members online

No members online now.
Back