Gen II LS V8 0-60 potential.

Lincoln LS

1. Rigga_2000

Rigga_2000 New LVC Member

Greetings LS owners, I'm relatively new to these forums and the community, but I've lurked around enough to have a general idea of what mods are possible without big money and hassle. I haven't seen much of anything regarding 0-60 times on modded LS's, so I was wondering: What 0-60 times are possible on a lightly modded LS (K&N Thunderbird CAI, Magnaflow catback exhaust, aggressive SCT tune)? It is my understanding that such mods would give about 310hp and a 1/4 time of 14.2 on a good run, would that translate to a 0-60 time of under 6 seconds?

My only goals for this vehicle are to beat a Saturn Ion Redline, a Chrysler 300s AWD (with the 3.6), and a Chevy C10 with a small block (pre-LS) 350 swap. Thanks in advance, and apologies if my post comes off as naive or uninformed.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. oddball

oddball Dedicated LVC Member

The guys doing that stuff left for greener pastures years ago. Dig through the archives and you might find something, but we didn't even have draggy when this car was interesting!
    You'll also need to get a tune to get much benefit from the mods. See if Torrie is still selling them. I don't think "aggressive" is particularly an option unless you go custom. And that's expensive because this engine is so uncommon - just dig through what QwikLS and .... shoot, the two dudes that did turbo setups... what they went through.

3. Layla11242

Layla11242 New LVC Member

I recently bought a K&N air filter and SCT tune from Torrie. From what I can tell the 0-60 is just above 6 seconds. I was getting 6.2-6.4 seconds with 3 grown men in the car, and of course with just a timer. Good luck!

4. LovehateLS

LovehateLS New LVC Member

How is the overall difference in the car? I just bought my tuner From Torrie as well. Is it the huge difference some claim to be? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

5. SultanGris

SultanGris Active LVC Member

Yeah I'm curious as well, I also have a 2013 f350 which I have cranked up to 600 horsepower and it absolutely destroys this car. I got a few issues to fix first but I wouldn't mind juicing up the Lincoln a little in the future maybe!

6. Layla11242

The tune definitely makes the LS even more fun to drive . I think the purchase was worth it although I didn't notice a huge improvement in performance, if I were to guess it gave no more than 20 more hp. Still a great purchase because it makes the car feel so much better. First of all you can finally get rid of that silly rev limiter in park/neutral up to 4200 rpm. The biggest change I noticed was that it basically completely reworks the transmission. The transmission is way more responsive although shifting at very high pressure. I would definitely recomend turning the shift pressure down with the tuner, especially for going in and out of second gear. Before changing the setting i was loosing some traction almost everytime I shifted.

• Like Like x 1
    • LovehateLS

Awesome that's all I was really expect is a better overall feel so it's good to hear. I appreciate the response.

• LovehateLS

Also forgot to ask what pressure did you find works well. I got mine and the time today and I have to agree that second great in and out shift is a little bit too high. Other than that it's awesome deff makes the car much more response. Thanks in advance.

• Layla11242

If I remember correctly...
      1-2 -20%
      2-3 -25%
      3-4 -10%
      4-5 0%

• LovehateLS

Cool I appreciate that. Just wanted a solid starting point. Have a great weekend.

• Like Like x 1
      • DeviLSh

DeviLSh Dedicated LVC Member

For what its worth, I ran a 14.7 @ 94 in my LS with the K&N Intake, and rear mufflers hacked off.

After the X4 with Torrie tune and on a different day at the same track, did a 14.3 @ 96.8mph. Both cases were 2.2X 60ft, so nothing really changing off the line, so to speak

The tune definitely helps optimize for (In my case) 93 octane, timing, and throttle response. The trans updates are more noticeable as others have noted. Torrie's tunes are great starting points. You can probably squeeze a bit more out of the car with a custom tune once you have the X4 on you. But for most, the Torrie tune and some logs back&forth to him is enough to get the LS dialed in. In my first LS, I remember not feeling like the tune did much, until I flashed back to stock a few weeks later to try and diagnose an issue and rule out the tune. It was then that I realized I wanted the tune back :D. While that car was a gen1 V8, similar e/t decrease there too. about 0.4 off the 1/4 mile. I flashed the car back to back at the track for that. HP/$ you likely wont find anything better for the LS

• LovehateLS

I appreciate the reply. Im deff happy so far with the tune and it's day and night in response. Feels much more lively. Has anyone had any trans issues long term with the former shifts for daily?

• Layla11242

I only got the tune about 2,000 miles ago but no issues yet.

• Agree Agree x 1