Gen I projector install

This is a nice comparison of the high beam output verse the projectors (2.5"). I have everything wired up for the night drive now. One of the high beam reflector is good while the other one is bad and this is what's common with the gen 1 unfortunately.

EDIT: I really need to wash my cars lol

IMG_2038.jpg

Manual camera settings just so there can be good reference points.

[video=youtube;9mxJhmFLsXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mxJhmFLsXs[/video]

IMG_2038.jpg

Had some issues with the video since I don't know what settings I used for the video previously so I voided that and used pictures. Here is my 98 mark viii with stock headlights (Clear and clean headlights), the 1.8" projector and 2.5" projector all using the same settings. ISO 6400, exposure time 1/20, f-stop f/3.5. I have tried many different setups in the hopes to get the best design and i think mechanically this setup works the best.

1.8" projectors (LSC Lenses the output would look better with cleaner lenses and a foreground limiter)

93 matchbox.jpg

2.5" projectors

IMG_2042.jpg

98 Mark VIII Stock

IMG_1879.jpg

:D:D:D:D

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

93 matchbox.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

I'd love a set, but unfortunately (and good for you) it looks like a hell of a lot of work, meaning in order to be fair to you the price for a set ready to pop into a Mark is likely more than my entire Mark is worth.

I know personally, I would only care about low beams. I've never in my life used my high beams (city life lol). I could just throw in my HID lights into the highs if I really wanted to do something.
Driving out in the rural areas at night with NO other lighting, you need good lows and highs. On my last car, I had replaced the standard 7" sealed beams with some Cibie Z pattern lenses and 80/100 halogens; turned night into day. That's the kind of difference I'm seeing the potential for here. The HID low beams on the '98 are decent, but they still don't seem to compare to a pair of 80 watt halogen low beams with a good large reflector and good optic lenses (the sharp cutoff definitely decreases the blinding potential on other drivers).

I used two different kinds. The smaller ones are called matchbox on morimoto's website and the larger ones are their mini h1 style projectors. The larger one will require much more modification.

Members online

Back