Gen 2 Real world E.T.

Buckeye68

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
What are Real world e.ts are people seeing on stock and mild modded gen 2's?

Looks like I really need to get mine strapped to the dyno as I am way slower than all of those and I am not a newb to driving and it is consistent too so something is a miss

With full exhaust and 3;55's and k&n (haven't been tuned yet, reason I'm not more concerned) it runs consistent 16.3/16.4's. and like 89 with a 2.3 60 foot. Like I said I am not worried yet as I have a 255 for it I haven't got installed and I am having a true tune done on it as well as fresh plugs. It has 98k on it. BUT 2+ seconds is allot.

What altitude is your track? I need your 1/4 trap speed. A tune will only give you around 1 tenth. You are way off. Hmmmm?
Opps you stated 89 as your trap mph right?

I ran 16.4 in 104 degrees in Valdosta, GA and 16.3 last night in Marion, Ohio in 80 ish degree both at 89.xxx

low 16's for a mk......... do you have a couple of bodies in the back? because you should be in the low 15 to high 14's stock. with 3.55's you should be a lot quicker then 16's. how many miles on motor?

98k and both previous owners were old men.. One being my dad.

Are you making passes with OD OFF? How many passes are you making per visit?Try to skip going to track when above 80 degrees.

low 16's for a mk......... do you have a couple of bodies in the back? because you should be in the low 15 to high 14's stock. with 3.55's you should be a lot quicker then 16's. how many miles on motor?

hi 15s for a 2nd gen is pretty common for a stock tune. i hear the stock tune sucks. low 15s for a 1st gen, with a few in 14s.

Mine's not heavily modded, it's mostly in the tune....

you have allot done to your suspension, plus gears, tl, tune. and are you not running cobra intake with a cai and kooks? that may be your super coupe

you have allot done to your suspension, plus gears, tl, tune. and are you not running cobra intake with a cai and kooks? that may be your super coupe

Like I said, it's not heavily modded, it's all bolt-ons. I don't even have U/D pulleys, yet. And it's breathing through the stock airbox. ;)

My SC has a built motor. :D

ya the wheels I am sure are not helping they are 18x 9.5 tsw's

The wheels are hurting you, at least change the fronts to stock and pump up the tires in the front to 45 PSI.

Look, my car ran a 14.18 on a cold December morning (41 degrees), the other day I went out when it topped 100 degrees and ran a 14.9 best.

Your tires are costing you a min of 6 tenths in the 1/4. Rule of thumb every tenth in 60 ='s 2 tenths in the big end. So that leaves you at 15.7 so your 1 second off. You should be 60fting min of a 2.00. Are you racing with OD turned off?

yes but the wheels are not 2 seconds worth

Maybe not, my '96 runs well with somewhat heavy 18" wheels. I know it would do better without them though.

I have seen many Gen2s in the 15s and not many at all in the 14s, so 1 second may be all you are really discounting.

I think a good tune would be worth much more than "a tenth". ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back