Gen 2 pumpkin

DFlaJax

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
After I finish my hub swap/brake mod, I need to pull the pumpkin cover cause I pulled on the half-shafts when my hubs were frozen on. What should I inspect for or replace while I'm in there? Is there a gear lube better than OEM for the same or slightly more price? This job will be a first for me so I'd like to have things ready before I start. If there's a good thread on this already, please post search info.

If you dont know what your doing take it to a professional. at $50 a quart for the diff lube, its not worth having to do it twice.

I used castrol gl for mine. Forget the weight but it was the same or darn close to oem. I was gunna say if you were just replacing the fluid to just siphon it out..My hose dohicky sucked so it took me alittle longer then norm.

Well, referring back to my first post, my main reason for going in will be to ensure the half-shafts are reinserted correctly. Later today I'll pull up a diagram from somewhere for a parts check. It worked fine before I started the job, but with 140k miles there's bound to be some wear.

By the way, SBcaprice305, your wheels look similar to the 2011 Mustang Brembo package wheels I've been considering, but wasn't sure how they'd look. Thanks for the sneak peak!

They just C-Clip in. If you cant pull them out of the pumpkin AT ALL, (i know you can't get them out all they way, but if they are solid) they are in.

Those CV's are just about fool proof.

I also pulled back one of the half-shaft joint boots (and made quite a mess) - what type of grease is this, and how much is enough?

Laser's thread has a lot of good tips with pics, so I'll be following his gear swap posts closely. Thanks again for the assistance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back