Gen 1 with factory HID...Aftermarket HID conversion???

96grimreaper

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I apologize in advance because I know this topic is like beating a dead horse but I feel like my head is going to explode from all the digging I've done on the topic and not found an answer.

I have a 96 LSC with the factory HID's. Currently they work fine, however I'm going to be doing a lot of night driving and don't wanna end up running with one light. Trying to take some preventative action here.

Looking at converting to an aftermarket kit. I've seen the $300 kits for the Gen 2's and the adapters that I can't seem to find anymore. I keep seeing people talk about VVME but haven't been able to get their site to load.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

you need to talk to Jay. Jay, where are you!?
98lincmk7lsc is his screen name.
he can sell you the whole plug and play kit for much less than $300 dollars.
adapters, wiring, bulbs, ballasts, he does it all.

^yup, Jay is the man.

If you use Facebook, look up the Lincoln Mark VIII Enthusiast Community and post. I'll tag Jay. I got my aftermarket adapters from him and then bought an aftermarket kit from DDM tuning. Jay does sell the whole kitten caboodle though.

you need to talk to Jay. Jay, where are you!?
98lincmk7lsc is his screen name.
he can sell you the whole plug and play kit for much less than $300 dollars.
adapters, wiring, bulbs, ballasts, he does it all.

^yup, Jay is the man.

If you use Facebook, look up the Lincoln Mark VIII Enthusiast Community and post. I'll tag Jay. I got my aftermarket adapters from him and then bought an aftermarket kit from DDM tuning. Jay does sell the whole kitten caboodle though.

Thanks guys.

Got the post on facebook too.

It's a good idea to convert before you have a failure as your trying to do. You'll be able to recoup the money spent on jays kit from the sale of the two working bulbs/ballasts and probably come out ahead. :) :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back