Gen 1 "sport" model

Black_Sunshine

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I am trying to read up and determine whether my 2000 Lincoln LS is a "sport" or a "non-sport". Is this distinction purely a matter of how much wood grain and chrome is on the car?

I have seen mention that the "sport" may or may not have stiffer shocks, but when I was shopping for shocks for that car, the ones on Rock Auto-dot-com, Advanced Auto and other sites did not mention anything about sport vs non-sport.

The Wikipedia page on Lincoln LS has alot of information about the cars, but the site does not mention a "sport" vs a "non-sport".

I have also seen people comment on this forum about some kind of electronic speed limiter, again that may or may not be on the "sport", and there seems to be mixed information about that. Any truth?

...and yes, I just read through the "differences between sport vs non-sport" post, and its where I am getting most of my confusion from.

Anyone know how to tell on a Gen 1? Is it marked on the car anywhere?

Black Sunshine 2.jpg

That's a sport. Sport does have different shocks and roll bar, 17" wheels instead of 16", oil cooler on the engine, ...
You can't really tell by the interior, but no chrome on the bumpers and 17" wheels = sport.
The ETIS site does not say sport/non-sport, but if it is sport, it will show as special suspension.
Note that you can no longer get the OEM sport shocks anyway. The non-sport will fit just fine, but you may prefer your worn sport shocks to new non-sport shocks.

I think the other big thing from what I was told as far as it being an OEM sport is that they would only come as V8, or the V6 manual. In otherwords, I think a V6 auto would always be non sport. Joe (and couple others) probably can confirm this.

I think the other big thing from what I was told as far as it being an OEM sport is that they would only come as V8, or the V6 manual. In otherwords, I think a V6 auto would always be non sport. Joe (and couple others) probably can confirm this.

In the Gen 1 you could get the sport package with either engine. There were one or two one-off Gen 2 V6 sports running around...

Here are the "minor features" shown in Jason&Tiffany's web link for my VIN number:

Minor Features

Midnight Black Interior
Grain
Sport
Wixom Plant Build
With Cold Weather Group # 1
With Memory Pack
With Smart Sense Pack
With Electrochromic R/View Mirror
4 Door Saloon
With 2 Way Adjustable Rear Headrest
With Electric Slide Sunroof
With Front Licence Plate Bracket
7.5X17" 5 Spoke Painted Alloy Wheel
P235/50VR17 A/S BSW Tyre
With Conventional Spare Tyre
3.9L Dohc EFI NA V8 Gas*HP
Traction Control With IVD
Leather Steering Wheel
With Message Centre
Elect Premium AM/FM Stereo/Cass/Clk
With CD Player Autochanger
With NAAO Radio Frequency
Ebony (Solid C/C)
5 Spd Auto Trans NAAO 5R55N
Lincoln LS
High Version

Note that it does mention the word "sport". It does not mention a different suspension or shock assembly. Interesting...

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Also, since I just changed the shocks to Motorcraft "green dot" on the front, and Monroe shocks on the rear, I hope to God that I prefer those to the shocks on the car. I haven't driven it yet outside my subdivision. Compressing the springs was an incredible PITA. :)

Also, I wonder what the last feature means.... "high version". I just Googled it, and didn't find anything useful.

Also, since I just changed the shocks to Motorcraft "green dot" on the front, and Monroe shocks on the rear, I hope to God that I prefer those to the shocks on the car. I haven't driven it yet outside my subdivision. Compressing the springs was an incredible PITA. :)

I had the Monroe SensaCraps for a couple of months before I returned them. They were softer than my worn out factory shocks.

That's a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] GEN 2000 Lincoln LS V8 Sport.

as Joe mentioned, it's termed "Special Suspension'.

2X Front Shock Absorbers // 18124 (AST-25)
'00-'02 V8 Front "Special" (Sport) Shocks: ASH24464 or BU2Z-18V124-R or 1W4Z-18124-DA or AST25
1W43-18045-DA - AST25 - Shock Absorber FRONT COLOR CODE GREEN - w/PERF SUSP

2X Rear Shock Absorbers // 18125 (AT-704-G)
'00-'02 V8 Rear "Special" (Sport) Shocks: ASH24468 or BU2Z-18V125-U or XW4Z-18125-BA or AT704G
1W43-18080-BA - AT704G - Shock Absorber REAR COLOR CODE PURPLE - w/PERF SUSP

Members online

No members online now.
Back