gen 1 manifold cooling parts what is it

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
overheating issue ....i was there but i didnt change the hose and fitting under the manifold and heat pad was in pieces i havnt been able to sucessfully purge the system again after checking the the main timing set ....(Pain pain) the oil cooler was ok i did a full coolant flush before i tried to get it running but there is a problem with high temps like i think i got air coming in displacing the fluid im not loosing fluidat least the tank stays the same some drips around the front of the cats is present .... only time i had it working and cool is when i completely bypassed the heater core im worried that what ever i saw there gromet and or plastic or hose is bad under there

the plastic elbow that goes on a 45 degree angle in front of the manifold and the hose underneath the manifold usually rots and leaks. Make sure you use motorcraft parts too cuz after market parts have smaller holes in them apparently and don't allow for enough water flow, especially thermostat and housing. They say you have to bleed the air out of these cars properly but I had leaks and added water and replaced parts for 2 months before I ever knew that and I never had an overheating issue, just a losing coolant issue, perhaps I just got lucky. I just Bluetooth monitor and watch my temps so I know it never overheated. by the time the gauge on the dash moves and tells you it's hot it's 232 degrees, so it's a little too late for my liking. I knew it was leaking so I watch the level pretty close as well an added before it got too low to cause overheat problems but I must have took my thermostat parts apart about three or four times cause I only replaced a thing or two at a time due to lack of money and never bleed the system, lol

the plastic elbow that goes on a 45 degree angle in front of the manifold and the hose underneath the manifold usually rots and leaks. ...
He has a 1st gen, so no 45 degree elbow. That area of the cooling system is quite different between the 1st and 2nd gen.
I think he's talking about the throttle body heater hose, but is likely doomed if he is unwilling to change out all of the plastic parts at the same time. While it is true that most of the parts really need to be OEM, he's better off to get the aftermarket metal Jaguar thermostat housing and cap (only applies to 1st gen).

Oh my bad, mines a gen 2, I didn't see his was gen 1, disregard my post.

He has a 1st gen, so no 45 degree elbow. That area of the cooling system is quite different between the 1st and 2nd gen.
I think he's talking about the throttle body heater hose, but is likely doomed if he is unwilling to change out all of the plastic parts at the same time. While it is true that most of the parts really need to be OEM, he's better off to get the aftermarket metal Jaguar thermostat housing and cap (only applies to 1st gen).
im holding that jag thermo housing in my hand my next job :/ ...changed donuts on the manifold and cleaned flushed radiator ..old uper thermo housing was warped lil seperatn on a edge housing the thermostat but was working :/ when i got it i changed thermostats a couple times and tested in boil/hot water hoping the housing is my culprit drawing air cant purge bubbles out :/ ....the quest under the manifold is something there / elbo ? .. cant remember if the hose went from front to lower manifold elbo or just carb ... i should of changed that line and got a new heat mat at the time (right :/ ) anyway ..

P.S could the temps to sensors be off due to heat matting under upper manifold also ... if its just an elbo and grommet i could suppliment less there is some kind of directional flow control ... the matting material might be screwed to find replacement not knowing composition .... got milk / any diagrams or part #'s ??? not in the deno thats for 2006 gen 2 no rush im driving a gas saving vwbeetle however humble :/

Last edited:
probobly use that on my vw noticed some stains from rust global coolant comes up different a few state not to dilute it ...the ls i feel must have a short range and heat problems my t stat housing is warped hence changing think its good to run the eco friendly coolant vw does but there might be less rust inhibitors

G13 is a type of coolant used in 2008 and newer Volkswagen models and is suitable where G11 or G12 are used. This is known as an upgraded coolant, and it's identifiable by its purple violet color.

The LS uses G-05 coolant. Use coolant made ONLY for the LS !

Members online

Back