Gen 1 fogs on Gen 2 ls?

WOW. That looks awesome!!! how hard was it to take apart? Did you just stick it in the oven? Oh man I'm excited again!!!! :D

Yeah, but I have a 2000 LS, Silver Metallic Frost like those fogs so Im very interested to see. Unless you dont have a LS in general.

WOW. That looks awesome!!! how hard was it to take apart? Did you just stick it in the oven? Oh man I'm excited again!!!! :D

Sent you a PM, but for anyone else that may want to do this:
It came apart easily, Ford used silicone for sealant not glue. I just used a heat gun on low setting working the top & bottom 1st then the sides(larger side then curved side) w/a putty knife and a 1/4" flat blade exacto blade. I never liked the idea of putting the lamps in the oven because you are subjecting the clear lens to high heat(150 degrees or more) I've seen some of the baked ones that have stress cracks, so who knows if it's caused from the heat or occur naturally. As long as the heat gun works, thats what I will use. Also note..... The chrome looking center is NOT chrome but a spray finish that is easily damaged & I don't know where you can get it(don't be fooled by the spray cans @ the auto parts store with the chrome caps, It does'nt come out that shiney).

Members online

Back