gen 1 auto headlamps

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of a way that one can stop the headlights (and fogs) from coming on (for that 3 seconds to 3 minutes) when the car is started?

haha no kidding. i keep them off now, just wanted to know for when i get my hid lows, because i occasionally put them on auto

I dont bother with autolamps...i like full control over my headlights.

Im also smart enough to know when i need to turn them on.

lol me too. i just dont till i see the police (and even then i sometimes dont)

Either turn the autolamps off or deal with it possibly shortening the life of your HIDs with autolamps on. I turned mine off for that very reason.

I've never even used autolamps...don't like them. But I like the choice of having it even though I never use it.

Data Point:
My 06 has factory HIDs. I leave autolamp on all the time. I park in a garage, so they come on briefly every morning (at least). They are also usually on before I make it home every day.
77K+ miles and so far no problems. I think that people worry too much sometimes.

Factory hids are usually way better quality compared to aftermarket.

Fast, that is one way to do it lol. Just wanted to know if I could permanently

The only time I use autolamps is when I get home. And just for the delay so I have some light in the garage so I don't trip over a tool/wheel/wild animal/etc.

The lights in my garage are motion sensor controlled.
In my case, it is part of an elaborate home automation system, but you could accomplish the same thing with a $20 motion sensing light switch.

Members online

No members online now.
Back