Gas Tank Location?

mr_myko

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about drilling some holes to ground my amp, right behind where the back seat folds at the bottom and meets the metal in the trunk, is there aything under that part of the car? like the gas tank or any unknown wires?

I was thinking about drilling some holes to ground my amp, right behind where the back seat folds at the bottom and meets the metal in the trunk, is there aything under that part of the car? like the gas tank or any unknown wires?

Go down where the spare tire lives. The gas tanks are under the rear seats.

Go down where the spare tire lives. The gas tanks are under the rear seats.

i dont wanna do that cause there is no air circulation and the amps would get hot, I wanted 2 mount them on the back of the rear seats so i can fold the seats down with the windows down so air can circulate, thats y i wanted 2 ground the wire in that space

I think he meant ground them there not stick the amp there

Oh ok cause I just put a amp and sub in my ls but don't want to drill holes in the back seat

This is where I mounted my amp. I think I just grounded mine to the seat belt bolt.

kenwood1.jpg

Oh ok cause I just put a amp and sub in my ls but don't want to drill holes in the back seat

Well it's not like you seat on the back of the back seat and can see them. But yeah I get what you mean

yeah, well when your only 17 and your dad gets you an LS for your fist car, you dont want to do to much to it, especially like drilling holes that will stay forever.

I mounted my amp upside down on the metal part of the rear deck. I took out the factory "sub" enclosure and mounted my amp on a piece of wood there.

Is it ok to mount an amp on the back side of the sub enclosure

Last edited:
or since you will use very little power wire (compared to a battery in the engine bay) why don't you just ground it at the battery?

yeah, well when your only 17 and your dad gets you an LS for your fist car, you dont want to do to much to it, especially like drilling holes that will stay forever.

every hole you drill just makes the car that much lighter and faster :cool:

Where do you think we are talking about drilling these holes? The hood? I don't know how what's being discussed here would affect luxury.

exactly, you wouldn't believe how many holes are in the metal from the factory under all of the cover panels, and yet none of them take away from the luxury feel of the car.

Yes I know there is plenty of holes. One example is where the spare tire is. But I'm talking about putting holes in the doors for tweeters, back seats, rear deck, etc, then when you take all the stuff out to sell the car, it looks a mess. Sorry, didn't mean for that comment to get mixed up.

No one will notice the holes on the back of the rear seat.

I do see the holes in the door thing being an issue. Just have to sell the car with the speakers still installed.

I do see the holes in the door thing being an issue. Just have to sell the car with the speakers still installed.

or if they are really nice speakers, just go down to wall mart and buy a really cheap set of tweeters to fill the holes, and then you dont have to lose your set of speakers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back