Gas pedal stuck!!!

loveLSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
once was a fluke, twice, that's a concern.
I was simply driving and noticed my rpm started to go up.
my foot was off the gas and stepped on brake. engine kept redlining, wanting to go.
I pulled back on the gas pedal with my foot but it wasnt caught on anything (like on the carpet or something). I shifted it to N, then simply shut down the engine. I started the car up and still redlined. I stepped on the gas, hoping whatever it's caught in get release. luckily that did it. it got released. I checked and double checked. there's nothing that would keep the pedal being pushed in. I decided that it was a fluke.
few months went by, it happened again. this time I just pulled over to the side, shifted to N, stepped on the gas, problem solved.
It's been few months and seems alright.
anyone had this problem?
at least I know what to do if it happens. but this cant be good for the engine.

do you think I should get this looked at?

Tps, I Had The Same Problem After A Long Trip On Cruise Control. Code Came Up Related To The Throttle Position Sensor. Bought It, But Never Put It On. It Hasnt Happened Again.

Look under your hood, the cloth that protects the underside of your hood was hanging down and interfering with the actual throttle body itself. I had worn a groove in the cloth and not even know it. just a suggestion, but you should deff get that looked at.

yes if it's pre-03 it's likely to be an issue in the linkage or at the throttle body itself.

Our Cobras actually had the throttle pedal catching in the carpeting. Happened to me twice. Called the NHTSA...they investigated...Ford did a recall. You might check to make sure there's nothing hanging up in that area.

Members online

No members online now.
Back