gas for the LS!!

well since you talked so much :q:q:q:q too probably the best ppl on here to ask questions on the lincoln ls good luck trying to get any help in the future

so just leave this fourm now while you still have some diginity and grasshopper may the force be with you unless you are in your ls than let the :q:q:q:qin thing fall apart

and your door handle came off cuz you dont use 91 or higher duh everyone knows that hahahaha

you do realize i can create another acc and nobody will know its me right? way to think logically bruh. Also: i could give a rats ass what happens to my ls, if it breaks down im going to scrap that :q:q:q:q. Traded it for some stuff worth $1k. So if i scrap this car, ill still get my money back.

When have you heard somebody say "well my car broke down because i pumped lower octane" hahahahah

besides why would i need your help? unless you know where your man got that 500k mile gasket LOL

im full on trolling right now and not giving a fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If you choose to come on here and act like a douche so be it.

Lots of knowledge on this board and the moment you feel challenged on what you know you get defensive. Sorry but the facts are there.....the LS is made to run with 91 not crap fuel.

Its not a 15K korean car it was a 40K luxury vehicle and should be treated as such.

If you choose to come on here and act like a douche so be it.

Lots of knowledge on this board and the moment you feel challenged on what you know you get defensive. Sorry but the facts are there.....the LS is made to run with 91 not crap fuel.

Its not a 15K korean car it was a 40K luxury vehicle and should be treated as such.

If you read my previous comments you could see i came on here just to share something. But some people on here didn't like it and started flaming me, so i wasn't just going to watch it all go down, now im called a douche. Why don't you tell your friend to respect? only after i started bashing everybody do i get called out for it. Deal with it.

Also: even though this car was priced at 40K it is in no way a $40k vehicle. A $15k korean car would probably outlast this car and with wayyy less maintenance. You shouldn't go by the price.

If you read my previous comments you could see i came on here just to share something. But some people on here didn't like it and started flaming me, so i wasn't just going to watch it all go down, now im called a douche. Why don't you tell your friend to respect? only after i started bashing everybody do i get called out for it. Deal with it.

Also: even though this car was priced at 40K it is in no way a $40k vehicle. A $15k korean car would probably outlast this car and with wayyy less maintenance. You shouldn't go by the price.

You are throwing around false information. You were corrected. You got defensive. I call it as i see it.

All vehicles require maintenance....and other luxury brands in the same price range require much more. The LS has its flaws but each year more issues were addressed.

You cant expect a 2000 LS to be in pristine condition still...its over a decade old.

Look at the join dates of some of the guys you are responding too. They have been around the LS for a long time and on top of that some have talked to the actual engineers. They know the vehicle.

You are throwing around false information. You were corrected. You got defensive. I call it as i see it.

All vehicles require maintenance....and other luxury brands in the same price range require much more. The LS has its flaws but each year more issues were addressed.

You cant expect a 2000 LS to be in pristine condition still...its over a decade old.

Look at the join dates of some of the guys you are responding too. They have been around the LS for a long time and on top of that some have talked to the actual engineers. They know the vehicle.

because talking to engineers rubs knowledge right onto you.
I dont care how many posts some of these people have. You are just defending your fellow bros, im cool with that i just wanted to make it clear.I have a 1988 porsche as a dd, and it so much more reliable than this ls. Guess whatt? i pump the cheapest of the cheap, and it's a high compression engine as well.

I don't need to be long with the ls to know it just asks for trouble.

What if i called you and your dad stupid? even if the mofo said "with respect"that doesn't mean anything.

I call it as it is as well.

I dont care how many posts some of these people have. You are just defending your fellow bros, im cool with that i just wanted to make it clear.I have a 1988 porsche as a dd, and it so much more reliable than this ls. Guess whatt? i pump the cheapest of the cheap, and it's a high compression engine as well.

What if i called you and your dad stupid? even if the mofo said "with respect"that doesn't mean anything.

I call it as it is as well.

LOL! How many head gaskets have you done on your porsche?

Dood, you gotta quit posting at some time. You are like a train wreck that just won't stop. I am shocked and appalled and I can't look away!!! :)

you do realize i can create another acc and nobody will know its me right? way to think logically bruh. Also: i could give a rats ass what happens to my ls, if it breaks down im going to scrap that :q:q:q:q. Traded it for some stuff worth $1k. So if i scrap this car, ill still get my money back.

When have you heard somebody say "well my car broke down because i pumped lower octane" hahahahah

besides why would i need your help? unless you know where your man got that 500k mile gasket LOL

im full on trolling right now and not giving a fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You do realize that using the incorrect octane fuel will prematurely damage just about everything. (Ignition related for the ignorant/smartass)Most immediately and noticeably the coils. I really feel its pretty useless to explain anything to you. Besides it can all be found by searching anyways. Something most people including yourself overlook. BTW never had a problem with you until reading these posts. Not that it matters or I expect it to matter to you. Just my .02

you do realize i can create another acc and nobody will know its me right?
yea, but it wouldn't take us long to figure it out, wait a minute, LJ is that you?
Traded it for some stuff worth $1k. So if i scrap this car, ill still get my money back.
so i was right, you do really replace you head gaskets because you keep buying pieces of sh!t, its all starting to come together now...
have you noticed yet that not one person has backed you head gasket theory up yet? no, not one.
If you read my previous comments you could see i came on here just to share something.
yea, share bad advice with someone who asked a simple question, that could have followed it not knowing how bad it was, and doing some serious damage, just because you havent blown a hole in your block yet in you limited experience, doesn't mean that its ok for everyone to do, and that no problem will come of it.
But some people on here didn't like it and started flaming me
you'll get used to that, if you throw out some BS, you will get called on that, QUICK.
so i wasn't just going to watch it all go down, now im called a douche. Why don't you tell your friend to respect? only after i started bashing everybody do i get called out for it.
yea , again you threw out some BS, with the only back up saying that your dad told you it was a good idea, so we have to believe it. fine call us 16, i havent heard someone say something like that since i was ten.
Also: even though this car was priced at 40K it is in no way a $40k vehicle.
well of course your is not, its been beaten down to sh!t, and runs like crap because somebody is a cheap @ss, your right, your LS is worthless.
about the rivet post: what does that have to do with being a mechanic?
mechanic's know all about fasteners
i know my way around the engine.
good, now work on understanding them.
since nobody had ever made one.
many people have made many threads about the door handles.
Whoever thinks a head gasket lasts 500k miles is dumb.
again, you seem to be the only one on the "head gaskets wearing out for no reason" boat.
I actually thought this site had some mechanics,
yea they are easy to spot out, they know what they are talking about. and their explanation of how a car works actually makes sense.
loud ls he is stupid"
interesting, you havent managed to point out one thing that has been stupid,
well the neat thing about engineers is that they the ability to teach people things.
I dont care how many posts some of these people have. You are just defending your fellow bros, im cool with that i just wanted to make it clear
yea its so crazy to believe in science, i dont know why i ever wasted so much time reading all of those books
I have a 1988 porsche as a dd, and it so much more reliable than this ls. Guess whatt? i pump the cheapest of the cheap, and it's a high compression engine as well.
how high?, im sure it is reliable, other than the motor, what else is there to break? does it even have a cup holder?
most people would call going against recommendations "asking for trouble"
well for starters, my dad wouldn't go around teaching his kid that more octanes is useless. if someone is talking about something he knows nothing about in front of him, he does what any intelligent man would do, he shuts his mouth and listens.

Actually.. that's kind of what talking to someone that knows more than you should do, yes. They explain something, its listened to, then learned. Soooo.... yeaaa...
What model is this 88 porsche? We have year and brand but I'm missing model.

Well lets see. "1988 Porsche"... that's like saying "1988 Ford". Pretty damn vague. I'm guessing he means the 911 since that's all most people who don't know any better think Porsche makes. They usually look at you funny when you mention a 928, 930, 924, 944, etc.

The compression ratio for a 911 in 1988 was 9.0:1
If it was a 911S it was 9.8:1

87 octane is usually not recommended for an engine higher then 9.5:1 FYI. And some could consider that high depending upon the cams and engine design. Usually anything N/A under 9.0:1 is safe on 87, timing not withstanding. And that's a static C/R. Dynamic is a whole other ballgame.

The LS by contrast is 10.5:1. It's higher then the 911(s), 924(s), 944(s), etc. I believe it's higher then anything in the Porsche 1988 production lineup due to engine controls available at the time.

I'm always amazed when people find out that Porsche is the name of the manufacturer and not the car model. Conversation usually starts by them saying they want a Porsche, I ask which one, and they go "You know, a Porsche!". Sigh.

Too bad really, considering the 911 was not the best handling car Porsche made. Just the most iconic. Kind of like a Ford Mustang vs a Ford GT.

One of Porsche's darker moments:

http://www.auto-relics.com/?p=250

I recall seeing some of them with big 'System Porsche' decals down the sides. Oh, the shame...

:lol:

Everyone make mistakes. And that was back when Porsche was close to going under. I'm sure they were entering all kinds of deals back then to make money. Porsche almost died off in the early 80's. :)

my money was on a 944, it seems to be the most common and you can find them beat to hell for pennies every day, if it was a 911, it wouldn't be a daily driver, well then i guess there a chance to find at least one of every car beat to hell and back somewhere.

5.0 magazine did a 5.0 build-up and dynoed before each item and then after. Their first change was to start using syntetic oil. To their surprise they GAINED 5 hp JUST BY USING SYNTHETIC OIL, I think Mobil 1 . Synthetic oils have even gotten BETTER since that article in the late 1990s. That means there is possibly even more hp in today's engines. Another good reason to use synthetic oil is the protection you get when initially starting the car.

5.0 magazine did a 5.0 build-up and dynoed before each item and then after. Their first change was to start using syntetic oil. To their surprise they GAINED 5 hp JUST BY USING SYNTHETIC OIL, I think Mobil 1 . Synthetic oils have even gotten BETTER since that article in the late 1990s. That means there is possibly even more hp in today's engines. Another good reason to use synthetic oil is the protection you get when initially starting the car.

The Ford 5.0 or the Porsche 5.0? LOL :)

At the moment my car is running on the dealers motorcraft synthetic blend. It's pretty decent, has the highest ratio of synthetic to convention out there I believe. Once my maintenance contract runs out I'll switch to full synthetic. But for now my drive train warranty is all about being dealer serviced. I know of too many people who got screwed on it because they had the oil change done elsewhere.

what porsche 5.0,? they wouldnt know what to do with a motor that big.

The 928S had a 5.0L engine in 1985. Then they went to a 5.4L in 92-93.

Sorry, the 928 was one of about a dozen cars I liked as a kid. Although the only one I'm determined to own to this day is a Ford GT. Still got a bit of work to do on that goal, but I can see the light :D

Good luck...they go for over $100K last time i checked.

I was told there would be punch and pie here......oh sorry thought this was the food network recipe guide thread...sorry, sorry, continue

Members online

No members online now.
Back