G.W. Bush service documents

JohnnyBz00LS said:
Oh, I see. Well THAT explains your......, uh...... "strong convictions" against Kerry. :Bang
What is that supposed to mean? That doesn't make sense.

Punisher said:
Yea like the swift boat guys have made no money from this lol.
:eek2:

Punisher said:
Thats 1 person, out of what? you said 250? Come on now thats like saying no one in america smokes weed cause you know someone who doesnt!.
Show me one guy that HAS been paid anything.
icon8.gif

Punisher made the claim that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are making money off of this.

PROVE IT! Like they say, put up or ...
icon10.gif

JohnnyBz00LS said:
WHAT? I guess Cheney is not a part of the Bush adm or the GOP?
To what are you referring to?

Kbob said:
What is that supposed to mean? That doesn't make sense.

My bad, I mis-read MonsterMark's post, I thought he was saying that he was giving HIS royalties away..... implying he had a hand in the publication of that pile of toilet paper....... which would explain.....blah blah blah ........ when in reality he was quoting the nincompoop who authored the pile of toilet paper...... who gave his royalties away.

The reality of this situation is, a money trail from this pile of toilet paper to the SBVs will never be found. Remember how proficient they are at hiding their trails.

Kbob said:
To what are you referring to?

I'm referring to this outright lie:

Neither Bush nor the Republican party ever attacked Kerry on his service record..........

Did you not see the speeches at the RNC? You still think the SBVT have (or "had") no connections to the GOP? :Bang

The GOP mantra should be: "If smoke and mirrors, or empty promises don't work, DENIAL will cure all that ails."

JohnnyBz00LS said:
My bad, I mis-read MonsterMark's post, I thought he was saying that he was giving HIS royalties away..... implying he had a hand in the publication of that pile of toilet paper....... which would explain.....blah blah blah ........ when in reality he was quoting the nincompoop who authored the pile of toilet paper...... who gave his royalties away.

The reality of this situation is, a money trail from this pile of toilet paper to the SBVs will never be found. Remember how proficient they are at hiding their trails.
I had a hunch you may have thought that. No problem.

You also allude that those guys were paid. Just think about it for a second. 250 guys getting paid and no one ever finding out. Heck, look at all the relatives that are selling out their loved ones in the news lately because they believe the other one is wrong. If those guys got paid, we'd hear about it from someone close to them who was pro-Kerry, believe me.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
I'm referring to this outright lie:
Did you not see the speeches at the RNC? You still think the SBVT have (or "had") no connections to the GOP?
Where did they question Kerry's service in the military? They did not. They questioned everything else, but NOT his service in the military. That's not the same, so quit arguing that it is.

MonsterMark said:
Man, Oh, Man, Oh Man. When will the madness stop.

CBS News is a fraud, Kerry is a fraud. I think that the 40% of the Country that supports Kerry are in denial and proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that people on the left will vote for anybody with a (D) next to their name, and will ignore everything else. Tough language for sure, but I am tired of all the press coverage on Bush's service. He has been the President for 4 years now. We can all judge his fitness to serve based on this record. Kerry, on the otherhand, has not served yet and should be scrutinized way more intensely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
In all honesty, I couldnt care less about either of their service records during the Vietnam era. Both have marks against them. I care about the issues, the ones the right AND left wing media arent covering. Listen to NPR for facts with allmost no bias. Whew!

The Republicans have gone out of their way, led by President Bush, to say that Kerry serving was noble. It is his lying about his record, disputed by his own diary and biography, and the records, submitted by himself, that we have problems with. And the fact that he created an act of treason aiding and abetting our enemy at a time of war.

NJDooWopper said:
In all honesty, I couldnt care less about either of their service records during the Vietnam era. Both have marks against them. I care about the issues, the ones the right AND left wing media arent covering. Listen to NPR for facts with allmost no bias. Whew!
Hey, NJDooWopper, thanks for participating, all viewpoints are encouraged. Even shills for the NPR.

NJDooWopper said:
Listen to NPR for facts, with allmost no bias.
That is a very entertaining statement. Listen to the extreme left for facts. Uh huh.

NJDooWopper said:
Listen to NPR for facts with allmost no bias. Whew!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA . . . no offense, but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

EDIT: (I agree that we should be focusing on the issues)

Last edited by a moderator:
We're getting closer to the truth.

CBS Won't Deny Kerry Link to Forged Docs

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/12/102130.shtml

In a development that could have devastating implications for John Kerry's presidential campaign, CBS News is refusing to say whether the top Democrat, his campaign aides or any other prominent party officials had anything to do with supplying "60 Minutes" with a National Guard memo about President Bush that experts say was forged.

Asked about a Kerry connection to the forged memo, a senior CBS official told the New York Post, "I can't answer that question."

All in the same breath we have CBS discredit kerry, then discredit bush then take it back. I hope you wont be suprised if Im gonna go ahead and not listen to CBS all that much. During this whole election, everyone is scrambling to find "the big story". Their information lost some of its value for me.

In your furor over the documents, EVERYONE is ignoring what Lt Governor Ben Barnes said about getting Shrub into the Guard. That, to me, just reinforces the image of George Bush as someone who has gotten by his whole life due to his families influence and not his capabilities.

:F

phil

Ben Barnes is the best witness money can buy. He's so deep in the Democratic party and the Kerry camp that it's not even funny. He's a joke and he wouldn't have been in that 60 Minute piece if there wasn't something else to show that he wasn't a complete fool (the forged documents). So in the words of 60 Minutes striving to be fair, why aren't they doing a piece on the Swift Boat Vets? The answer is obvious, the unsubstantiated allegations of anyone, whether it be one (Barnes) or 250 (Swift Boat Vets), is (I repeat) meaningless and useless in valid reporting and all reputable media organizations and reporters know this.

Kbob said:
Ben Barnes is the best witness money can buy. He's so deep in the Democratic party and the Kerry camp that it's not even funny. He's a joke and he wouldn't have been in that 60 Minute piece if there wasn't something else to show that he wasn't a complete fool (the forged documents). So in the words of 60 Minutes striving to be fair, why aren't they doing a piece on the Swift Boat Vets? The answer is obvious, the unsubstantiated allegations of anyone, whether it be one (Barnes) or 250 (Swift Boat Vets), is (I repeat) meaningless and useless in valid reporting and all reputable media organizations and reporters know this.
Yes, please read up on Ben Barnes and Bill Burkett. Even a fair minded liberal would have a hard time backing up these schmucks.

I'm curious, where are all the posers, I mean posters, that were here defending CBS and the documents as real? Where did you all go.

If I was so blatantly wrong, at least I would come here and admit it for all to relish in.

"The documents were true, before they were forged."
icon12.gif

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/22/154637.shtml

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[font=Courier, Times New Roman]Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2004

Gillespie Implicates Kerry's Campaign in Document 'Crime'

Just when you thought it couldn't get any hotter, CBS's latest scandal involving Democrat operatives Dan Rather and Mary Mapes grows even more sizzling.

Here's what GOP chairman Ed Gillespie had to say today during a conference call, with subheads provided by us:

Many questions still remain. Was a crime committed? I believe so. Obviously, forgery is involved. But the Texas Legal Code also says it is a third-degree felony if one "makes, presents, or uses any record, document, or thing with knowledge of its falsity and with intent that it be taken as a genuine governmental record" or "makes, presents, or uses a governmental record with knowledge of its falsity."

Did the Kerry campaign know about the existence of the documents in question in advance of the CBS report? A chronology of events indicates they did.

Bill Burkett says he made multiple contacts with the Kerry campaign in August, sending an e-mail newsletter on August 21 saying he talked to Kerry campaign seniors on Friday, August 20. The Kerry campaign told him they wanted to "counterattack," and he says he "gave them the information to do it with."

'Down and Dirty'

Bill Burkett says he contacted the Democratic National Committee and laid out a rationale for using what he termed "down and dirty tactics against President Bush."

We know that the Kerry campaign devised a strategy to attack the president’s National Guard service that began the same night the Republican National Convention ended, with Senator Kerry attacking the president’s Guard service on the night of September 2.

Two days before the "60 Minutes" report aired, Howard Wolfson, a strategist dispatched to the DNC by the Kerry campaign, joined the DNC to head up "Operation Fortunate Son."

On Wednesday, September 8th, the day of the report, the DNC officially launched "Operation Fortunate Son" and "Texans For Truth," funded by a Kerry supporter, announced an advertising campaign.

Sen. Harkin, the 'Liar'

On Thursday, the day after the "60 Minutes" report, the DNC distributed an ad that had clearly been prepared in anticipation of the CBS News report, and cited the documents at a DNC press conference where Senator Tom Harkin called the president a "liar."

One might argue that these steps were taken without advance knowledge of the existence of the documents and this is all coincidence, but that strains credibility.

Mapes' 'Liberal Beliefs'

CBS has apologized for airing the story based on discredited documents, but has not issued a retraction. One of its producers contacted the Kerry campaign to encourage them to talk to one of her sources who could be helpful to the campaign. Whether this was done as part of an agreement with the source to go public or as a friendly tip, it is entirely inappropriate. Yet CBS News allows to continue in a news-gathering and reporting capacity a journalist who, according to yesterday’s Associated Press "makes no secret of her liberal beliefs" and has unquestionably provided opposition research to one of the presidential campaigns.

Sumner Redstone, Kerry's Money Man

This demonstrates a serious lack of judgment separate and apart from the lack of judgment demonstrated in running a report based on discredited documents. Did this producer’s own political viewpoint cloud her judgment? Is CBS News’ decision to neither suspend nor release the producer in question a result of judgment clouded by Viacom and CBS owner Sumner Redstone's role as a Kerry fund-raiser or Viacom President Tom Freston’s public support of John Kerry for president?

Other questions that should be answered:

<LI>1. We know that CBS put the Kerry campaign in touch with Burkett, but who put Burkett in touch with CBS in the first place? Was it someone at the Kerry campaign, or the DNC?

<LI>2. Who were the seniors other than [former] Senator Cleland that Burkett spoke to at the Kerry campaign on August 20? Lockhart wasn't a part of the Kerry campaign on August 20, and neither were McCurry, Begala, Carville or Greenberg.

So, who spoke with Burkett on August 20, and to whom did he provide the information for a "counterattack"?

<LI>3. Did the Kerry campaign or the DNC know about the documents before the CBS story broke? If so, from whom did they learn of them?

Another Question of 'Character'

The centerpiece of the Kerry campaign’s "character-based critique," Boston-speak for character assassination, is based on a discredited news report that was based on the criminal activity of someone who mocked up and forged documents. What’s that say for the character of the Kerry campaign? CBS should act now to assure its viewers that it understands the gravity of its producers’ actions, and the Kerry campaign and the DNC should answer these questions, abandon its character assassination campaign and focus on the issues relevant to the American people in this election.
See what the Dems do! Out of one side of their mouths they say they want to have a debate on the issues, all the while they are loading up on their character assassination strategies.
icon8.gif
Pathetic.
icon13.gif

I am not going to take it,
icon9.gif
so more mud slinging here we come. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
icon12.gif

[/font]

MonsterMark said:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/22/154637.shtml

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[font=Courier, Times New Roman]Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2004

Gillespie Implicates Kerry's Campaign in Document 'Crime'

Just when you thought it couldn't get any hotter, CBS's latest scandal involving Democrat operatives Dan Rather and Mary Mapes grows even more sizzling.

Here's what GOP chairman Ed Gillespie had to say today during a conference call, with subheads provided by us:

Many questions still remain. Was a crime committed? I believe so. Obviously, forgery is involved. But the Texas Legal Code also says it is a third-degree felony if one "makes, presents, or uses any record, document, or thing with knowledge of its falsity and with intent that it be taken as a genuine governmental record" or "makes, presents, or uses a governmental record with knowledge of its falsity."

Did the Kerry campaign know about the existence of the documents in question in advance of the CBS report? A chronology of events indicates they did.

Bill Burkett says he made multiple contacts with the Kerry campaign in August, sending an e-mail newsletter on August 21 saying he talked to Kerry campaign seniors on Friday, August 20. The Kerry campaign told him they wanted to "counterattack," and he says he "gave them the information to do it with."

'Down and Dirty'

Bill Burkett says he contacted the Democratic National Committee and laid out a rationale for using what he termed "down and dirty tactics against President Bush."

We know that the Kerry campaign devised a strategy to attack the president’s National Guard service that began the same night the Republican National Convention ended, with Senator Kerry attacking the president’s Guard service on the night of September 2.

Two days before the "60 Minutes" report aired, Howard Wolfson, a strategist dispatched to the DNC by the Kerry campaign, joined the DNC to head up "Operation Fortunate Son."

On Wednesday, September 8th, the day of the report, the DNC officially launched "Operation Fortunate Son" and "Texans For Truth," funded by a Kerry supporter, announced an advertising campaign.

Sen. Harkin, the 'Liar'

On Thursday, the day after the "60 Minutes" report, the DNC distributed an ad that had clearly been prepared in anticipation of the CBS News report, and cited the documents at a DNC press conference where Senator Tom Harkin called the president a "liar."

One might argue that these steps were taken without advance knowledge of the existence of the documents and this is all coincidence, but that strains credibility.

Mapes' 'Liberal Beliefs'

CBS has apologized for airing the story based on discredited documents, but has not issued a retraction. One of its producers contacted the Kerry campaign to encourage them to talk to one of her sources who could be helpful to the campaign. Whether this was done as part of an agreement with the source to go public or as a friendly tip, it is entirely inappropriate. Yet CBS News allows to continue in a news-gathering and reporting capacity a journalist who, according to yesterday’s Associated Press "makes no secret of her liberal beliefs" and has unquestionably provided opposition research to one of the presidential campaigns.

Sumner Redstone, Kerry's Money Man

This demonstrates a serious lack of judgment separate and apart from the lack of judgment demonstrated in running a report based on discredited documents. Did this producer’s own political viewpoint cloud her judgment? Is CBS News’ decision to neither suspend nor release the producer in question a result of judgment clouded by Viacom and CBS owner Sumner Redstone's role as a Kerry fund-raiser or Viacom President Tom Freston’s public support of John Kerry for president?

Other questions that should be answered:

<LI>1. We know that CBS put the Kerry campaign in touch with Burkett, but who put Burkett in touch with CBS in the first place? Was it someone at the Kerry campaign, or the DNC?

<LI>2. Who were the seniors other than [former] Senator Cleland that Burkett spoke to at the Kerry campaign on August 20? Lockhart wasn't a part of the Kerry campaign on August 20, and neither were McCurry, Begala, Carville or Greenberg.

So, who spoke with Burkett on August 20, and to whom did he provide the information for a "counterattack"?

<LI>3. Did the Kerry campaign or the DNC know about the documents before the CBS story broke? If so, from whom did they learn of them?

Another Question of 'Character'

The centerpiece of the Kerry campaign’s "character-based critique," Boston-speak for character assassination, is based on a discredited news report that was based on the criminal activity of someone who mocked up and forged documents. What’s that say for the character of the Kerry campaign? CBS should act now to assure its viewers that it understands the gravity of its producers’ actions, and the Kerry campaign and the DNC should answer these questions, abandon its character assassination campaign and focus on the issues relevant to the American people in this election.
See what the Dems do! Out of one side of their mouths they say they want to have a debate on the issues, all the while they are loading up on their character assassination strategies.
icon8.gif
Pathetic.
icon13.gif

I am not going to take it,
icon9.gif
so more mud slinging here we come. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
icon12.gif

[/font]

Yea its much easier to just Bash... :biggrin:

Bucks sucks!! Just thought id help ya kick off your bashing....

Punisher said:

Bucks sucks!! Just thought id help ya kick off your bashing....
It is easy to bash, I'll admit it. The left makes it so easy to do.
icon10.gif

Saying the Bucks suck doesn't hurt much. Now saying the Packers suck, them are fighting words.
icon7.gif

I should start posting all the headlines from the USA Today, Associated Press, New York Times, Washington Post, Boston Herald, LA Times, etc. to demonstrate the obvious slant they have on almost every story. If you were on my side of the fence, you would go crazy in a week. The conservative side has had to put up with this nonsense for decades, but at least I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Here is a choice one from the USA Today today.
The Associated Press: HEADLINE... Kerry hints that draft could return if Bush re-elected.
The article goes on rambling about the draft for 3 paragraphs, but this line is the best. "There is a House proposal to bring back the draft, but it is a Democratic one." Funny, I just read the headline and it said Bush was going to do this. I guess liberals make headlines to sway public opinion but then sometimes have to bury the truth deep within the article.

Then the article spends the next 10 paragraphs talking about Social Security. Nice, relevant connection.

Then they quote a guy from the University of Chicago that criticizes Bush's plan but at least they go on to say he is an informal adviser to Kerry. I am sure he is unbiased.

It was the last paragraph that held the real treat though. After chest beating that Kerry has such a great program, (of course, not one detail) the article ends with; "Kerry wants to bolster the retirement program by reducing the deficit and expanding the economy." Really, and I want monkeys to fly out of my butt. But then finishes off with a bang. "Some experts say economic growth might be insufficient."

Ah HA! The Kerry plan will steal from the rich to pay down the deficit, sending the economy into another recession, thereby shrinking up the treasury's receipts, leading to greater deficits and insolvency for the SS program. Great idea. Thanks, Sen Kerry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Punisher said:

Bucks sucks!!
Way to go, Punisher. Admitting you have a problem is the first step in over-coming it. I'm proud of you. :woowoo2:

Kbob said:
Way to go, Punisher. Admitting you have a problem is the first step in over-coming it. I'm proud of you. :woowoo2:

Cant say im proud of you yet though, your still trying to hide behind lies and misconceptions. Maybe 1 day you will find out your problem and over come it.

Punisher said:
Cant say im proud of you yet though, your still trying to hide behind lies and misconceptions. Maybe 1 day you will find out your problem and over come it.
I'm not hiding behind anything, much less lies and misconceptions. On the contrary, I simply try to see through the lies and misconceptions. I understand that you think that that's a "problem" and you hope I "over come" it, but you can give that dream up. If I offended you by replying to your joke with a joke in kind, I'm sorry. I realize you are highly sensitive and I will avoid any joking around with you in the future.

MonsterMark,

You make it sound like Bush is the perfect President. You see, I used a capital "P" because I respect the office but I don't respect the man. I believe he got there on the coat tails of his father's name and service to our country. His nickname was "The Chosen One" for crying out loud. I don't believe for a moment that GB is running the country. I don't think that these forged documents amount to anything, just politics as usual. I think that you and your ilk are hanging your hat on a distraction.

Members online

Back