Fun with my upper and lower grille

burning.empire

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I got the '01 front grille with the chrome frame and black bars. So I wanted to spruce up the front a little. I chromed the vertical black bars and horizontal lower grille. I just used the 3M adhesive chrome strips. I don't even know if the adhesive can withstand the heat coming off the engine or not, but I figured I'd have a little fun with the grille in the mean time before I get a new one. It was a $20 / 45 min project that I think cleaned up the front end nicely.

I found a grille I like with the black frame and chrome verticals but for $230 I'll hold off until I replace the sway bar bushings (a little more important I think)

265039_1767654314411_1330772642_31469677_7215218_n.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah from what i know those strips will all fall off.

I like it, but yea I bet it falls off after a few hours in the sun with 90+ air.

I have used 3M double sided trim products/tape for years. As long as you had a clean surface they should stay on. I have had 100% success when using 3M. I always made sure there was a clean dry surface and I NEVER had anything fall off and I go to a car wash alot. My wife and I will ONLY use 3M for items when applying a badge or trim to a car, exterior and interior. I just used in on a Cobrastar emblem when applying it on the rear of my car obove the V8 emblem. The Cobrastar emblem has already been to some full service car washes. Most of the heat will stay behind those strips.

Lower Grill Design

I had some laser cut Stainless laying around the house and made a lower grill add on for the LS. I thought I was going to like the design but after I fit it in there and stepped back to look at it I took them off. I'm going to paint my stock grill Black. I like that look. Angel Eyes and Clear Side Markers coming soon

Copy of IMG_20110524_172803.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Thats not a good look at all good thing you took it off!

Staff online

Members online

Back