"Fun Run Racing"

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had a shot at a 1/8 mile track about 90 minutes away this past Father's Day. I took the family and the '93 Mark VIII out for a day of racing after keeping them out late at a Test and Tune the night before.

www.funrunracing.com

The 1/8 mile track is called Brush Run Park located just west of St. Clairsville, OH. It's an old small airport converted to a drag strip. Quite a few cars were there, mostly typical street cars.

The best run was an ET of 9.578 seconds at 75.22 MPH with just awful traction conditions. But the loss of traction was a great equalizer of the playing field. I won 8 out of 10 races! :steering The two losses were to a late model 'vette and a 70's Camaro with a big block. The Camaro won by a mere 0.044 seconds! :L

They also feature a trophy bracket style race. I sat that one out, preferring to watch the action and let the Lincoln cool down a bit. I think I'll pay the entry fee next time! :D

JoshMcMadMac said:
Very cool; glad to hear you made the most of the holiday. ;)

I'll try to announce the next time I plan on going. Maybe we could meet up with Ray and others in the area. It would be nice to not be the only Lincoln. LOL! :cool:

Where are you at in WV? I go to school in Frostburg, which is about 20 minutes from Keyser WV. I will gladly tag along on a meet, but I probably won't run the Mark. It needs to last for at least one more semester in good form before I can afford to go breaking stuff. :steering

JoshMcMadMac said:
Where are you at in WV? I go to school in Frostburg, which is about 20 minutes from Keyser WV. I will gladly tag along on a meet, but I probably won't run the Mark. It needs to last for at least one more semester in good form before I can afford to go breaking stuff. :steering

Touchdown City
- Home of the Mountaineers
- Morgantown

Frostburg!? :W That's not too far. Ray's from around Pittsburgh and if we can get ahold of him, I'm sure he'd come. Of course, Hagerstown's Mason Dixon Dragway is a candidate too, but it's further for Ray but may be doable for others.

Breaking stuff!? Nahhh, you won't break it. I've got a Mark VII and know how tuff they are. Matter of fact, I've offered my brother-in-law the VII to join me at the track one time. All he had to do was buy the gas. I would love to run it against the '93.

Back on subject - that Brush Run Park is a blast though. I would've never thought the 1/8th mile would be so appealing. You gotta try it. $5 cover charge for all. Bring your own chairs. Concession stand onsite. $10 for race all day. Opens at 1 pm, racing at 2pm till 5:30-6:00 pm. $5 to enter the trophy bracket style elimination race. $2 per run for single ET runs!

Next date - Sunday August 1.

Well it does sound like a blast. Like I said, though, I really don't want to go pushing the car too hard and have it push back. :rolleyes: But I am sure I would be tempted to make a run or two, just to see how slow this stock barge truly is.

Morgantown is about 45 minutes from the Burg, not far at all. Hagerstown is just over an hour in the other driection, too. I'll be in RI on the first, but I will be back in Frostburg the 18th of August. Then I'm game for a meet anytime after that!

Members online

No members online now.
Back