Fun car

mach8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Heading home from work on I80 behind the fat rear end of a Chrysler 300M, looking over a black BMW 745i that looked like something Darth Vader designed I watched a shiney red Karmann Ghia drop top come zipping up passing us all.
"That's a fun looking car" I thought and remembered the last fun little car I'd zipped around in, an Alfa Romero.
As the sun was blocked by a tanker sized SUV I realized that many of todays kids have never had the chance to drive a fun little sports car, just trucks, SUV's and econo boxes with no soul.
TR 3's, TR 4's, MG midgets, Jag XKE's, Lancia's, Alfa's, fun little cars that made 40mph seem like 90.
What fun little cars have you driven lately?

mach8 said:
Heading home from work on I80 behind the fat rear end of a Chrysler 300M, looking over a black BMW 745i that looked like something Darth Vader designed I watched a shiney red Karmann Ghia drop top come zipping up passing us all.
"That's a fun looking car" I thought and remembered the last fun little car I'd zipped around in, an Alfa Romero.
As the sun was blocked by a tanker sized SUV I realized that many of todays kids have never had the chance to drive a fun little sports car, just trucks, SUV's and econo boxes with no soul.
TR 3's, TR 4's, MG midgets, Jag XKE's, Lancia's, Alfa's, fun little cars that made 40mph seem like 90.
What fun little cars have you driven lately?

So do you think 20 or 30 years from now in a Car Forum some body will say "many of todays kids have never had the chance to drive a fun Neon, Eclipse, Civics, etc...." :slam

my dad has a miata and it is fun to "zip" around in but @115 and up it is all over the place and wants to pick up and go sideways and that sucks. untill I got my markVIII I wanter to do figer8s in any thing but that little can. but its better w/ a V8 and a biga$$ car that loves it as much as I do.
there is nothing like having a car that like me to make it my bitch...
drove a supercharged honda s2000 for a weak when my buddy was out of town and it is fun to, but still does not like the upper side of 120"s

MrWilson said:
My Mark 8!

Sometime I wonder if the Mark VIII will ever be remembered except by those who actually had one!

I've talked to a lot of people and they don't even know what a Mark VIII is.

The old guys car responce is frequent.

I guess Time Dialation will help explain this love of a Mark VIII - The closer you are to the speed of light the slow time goes by for you. That's why Mark VIII drivers don't get older LOL

mespock said:
So do you think 20 or 30 years from now in a Car Forum some body will say "many of todays kids have never had the chance to drive a fun Neon, Eclipse, Civics, etc...." :slam

Oh man. Talk about apples and oranges.

You know up until recently the best "fun car" I had driven was a tie betweenthe MazdaSpeed Miata and an MG...damn those things were a riot.

Then I bought my LS.... :L

1971 Corvette convertible with a 4 speed then I went to the dentist and had my fillings put back in!

MonsterMark said:
Oh man. Talk about apples and oranges.

Sure apples and oranges but when you were in high school you understood American Muscle and had some impressive cars to drool over!

What do High School kids have today! Fast and the Furriest!

We had the apples the get the oranges! Only those who really know their cars will ever look back at the apples! (and a coffee can won't really work on a Challenger!)

mespock said:
Sure apples and oranges but when you were in high school you understood American Muscle and had some impressive cars to drool over!

What do High School kids have today! Fast and the Furriest!

I had 2 mark VII's in high school... Just over a year ago!!! LOL
No trashcan exhaust honda for me!!! I could cruise in style and still kick the ricer's a$$es!

I had an 82 RX-7 that was slow as death but fun, the Fiero I had was actually fun, and I had a 79 Fiat X-19 with no rear gear that was fun, quirks and all.

Black87LSC said:
I had 2 mark VII's in high school... Just over a year ago!!! LOL
No trashcan exhaust honda for me!!! I could cruise in style and still kick the ricer's a$$es!

One Wise HS student! You must be headed for Greatness!! :Beer

I've wanted my Daughters to take my Mark VIII's to school. Only thing with power in our HS parking lot are the Trucks! Too many Rednecks!!

mespock said:
One Wise HS student! You must be headed for Greatness!! :Beer

I've wanted my Daughters to take my Mark VIII's to school. Only thing with power in our HS parking lot are the Trucks! Too many Rednecks!!

My funnest car? When I was 17 I owned 1976 silver Mercury Cougar. 460/4V Police Interceptor with holley 750 double pumper, auto on the floor,rear end from a 79 T-Bird(lower gears?) with posi trac, straight pipes, 60 sneakers all around that left patches for atleast 30 feet. Used to laugh at the other kids with the Trans Ams, camaros,mustangs and an occassional 70's monte carlo when they'd pull next to me and gun the engine. I was still laughing at them when I pulled over a mile down the road and waited for them to catch up. Man, I loved that car. Wish I still had it now, and could take it to a track and get an idea of what it could really do. Too bad we didn't have the video cameras we have now in the early 80's. I think I'm gonna look around for one again.

Jporter said:
My funnest car? When I was 17 I owned 1976 silver Mercury Cougar. 460/4V Police Interceptor with holley 750 double pumper, auto on the floor,rear end from a 79 T-Bird(lower gears?) with posi trac, straight pipes, 60 sneakers all around that left patches for atleast 30 feet. Used to laugh at the other kids with the Trans Ams, camaros,mustangs and an occassional 70's monte carlo when they'd pull next to me and gun the engine. I was still laughing at them when I pulled over a mile down the road and waited for them to catch up. Man, I loved that car. Wish I still had it now, and could take it to a track and get an idea of what it could really do. Too bad we didn't have the video cameras we have now in the early 80's. I think I'm gonna look around for one again.

Sounds like a fun Car!! :Beer

I grew up six miles from a dragstrip and with a father that was very busy in a car club. SO, my fun car was and still is a 1973 Dodge Challenger with a 440 and 727 auto. Old muscle still makes me happy. To me, there is nothing like the rumble from a large healthy V8. :waving:

Members online

Back