Fuel won't hold pressure when parked

Shawn H.

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
When my 97 Mark is parked for a few hours the fuel bleeds back down to the tank. I have to cycle the key about 5 times to build up pressure when I next start it. I replaced to regulator thinking that was it as it is on some cars, but it didn't help. The fuel filter is only a couple years with less than 10,000 miles on it. The filter isn't a Motorcraft and I have been told to change it to one. My question is does the fuel filter on Marks hold the pressure or is it in the fuel pump module? Once the car starts, there's no other problems.

Shawn

I was gonna say fuel pump but you said that it's good after it started up...I believe the pressure is held at the pump

Thanks, I figured it was the pump and now I know for sure. My next question is, (I've searched) should I go ahead and throw a 255 pump in it being stock with plans to do a few bolt ons in the future? Will it hurt anything running a performance pump on a stock car?

Shawn

There is a guy selling a brand new fuel pump on here too...Lugi20, send him a pm and see if he still has it, I think he was wanting $100 for it

Members online

No members online now.
Back