fuel rail???

cuda2003

LVC Member
Reaction score
My mechanic says the valve at end of fuel rail is disfunctional causing rough idle and miss firing. The ford dealer here in canada says they are obsolete and no after market avaliable?? Any recycler contacted in USA doesn't shipp to Canada. We are also being told the right and left valves are different?? Can anyone assist me in my search for the parts. The vechile is a 1996 Mark VIII . Also stated is that 97& 98 are different. Broke down in Canada :mad:

Thanks Ross

you must mean the IMRC actuator on the intake manifold runners is bad. there is no right or left valve on the fuel rail. if it is the IMRC actuator good luck finding it, in the us, canada or the whole world!! look on the right of this for Five Star Ford and contact Max, i think he can get you one, but you'll cry when you hear how much.

And even if the IMRC is bad it should not cause a mis-fire and rough idle. They get stuck all the time on Marks and usually hamper performance and fuel economy. The car should be plenty drivable. All they do is re-direct the runners, nothing more.

To me is sound like you have a vacuum leak or a mis-fire, or both.

Maybe it's a fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail???. If it's that I have 96 fuel rails for sale.

If the vacum actuator was shot it could be causing a vacuum leak...

Ya, but not one THAT big. Those hoses cant pull enough air to do that.

This sounds like a major break in a junction OR the TB seal is off/shot.

Remember how many have that black line break for HVAC? Yet they have no problems with idle, etc.

Thanks for the info. One more question is there a difference in left and right and will 93-96 all fit or is 96 stand alone? Thanks Ross

93 to 95 are missing a wired sensor on the IMRC actuators. So if you install an earlier year, you will get a CE light.

Members online

No members online now.
Back